proud of his bunny
Join Date: Jul 2006
Bikes: 2006 Masi Gran Corsa Premio custom build: Full 105, Easton EC70 fork, Easton Circuit Wheelset // 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper (stock for now)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yet another LASIK thread...
I really want LASIK surgery. I think? Please help me decide what to do!
A few questions:
- How long would I be off my bike? It's the middle of racing season after all.
- I hear they give you Valium, but what if that's not strong enough? I'm worried I'll freak out during the operation.
- Night vision? Halos / rainbows? What's the deal with this? If I want trippyvision, I'll go to that cow field nearby and pick some mushrooms. It would get old if it were permanent.
- Once I don't need prescription glasses or really thick astigmatism-correcting contacts, I'll be able to wear really cool sunglasses. What sunglasses should I buy!?
- It costs $4500 locally. It's a lot cheaper in my home town of Duluth, Minnesota, and the quality of medical care over there is a lot higher. So would it be worth flying across the country to save a couple thousand on the operation, but only be able to get the free adjustments once a year or so when I visit my family?
Anyone who has had this operation and could answer these questions would be very much appreciated. Thanks