Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    eert a ekil yzarc SpiderMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pasadena TX
    My Bikes
    many bikes
    Posts
    2,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Just had my wisdom teeth romoved. wooo hoooOoo

    The pain meds are helping my my stubbed toe, but my jaw still feels like a donkey kicked it. My question though.... Since they did a bone graft, doesn this make me part of the Living Dead?

  2. #2
    cat person GlassWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N.W. Michigan
    My Bikes
    Nashbar Race SIS (1987), Kestrel Talon (2007), Trek Fuel EX 9.5 (2007)
    Posts
    509
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah yeah I had all 4 of mine pulled, and went straight to LaCrosse practice.
    man up!

    hehe
    GlassWolf
    Organ Donors Save Lives.

  3. #3
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMike View Post
    The pain meds are helping my my stubbed toe, but my jaw still feels like a donkey kicked it. My question though.... Since they did a bone graft, doesn this make me part of the Living Dead?
    heh, I had a bone graft to the jaw a few years ago to fix a problem that surfaced from an accident 8 years before. I asked dentist what he was doing as he was being a mix master of paste on a piece of glass - and he said bone. Asked him ... so where did this bone come from. Yep. A DONATION.

    Welcome, my friend to the Land of the Living DEAD!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAH.



    But all kidding aside, I had all 4 wisdom taken out about 25 yrs ago - and they were going to do just 2 at a time and I said WTF (hell - I'm being put out anyways - do them all!!) and so later I found out 2 were fully in, one was crooked and the other was fully impacted - guess I have a small jaw - was making room btw for braces, etc). But I didn't have a problem. Only took a couple of the pain pills when I came home - had mashed potatoes that night (ahhh Potato Buds) - and then my boyfriend at the time came over with a couple of his friends and he didn't believe me and he kind of reached up and did a bottom jaw jiggle - and of course I reacted badly - but no real pain. And no dry socket, etc

    HEAL FAST!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Keith99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,605
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    yeah yeah I had all 4 of mine pulled, and went straight to LaCrosse practice.
    man up!

    hehe
    All wisdom tooth extractions are not created equal. Mine were so bad that my father (my dentist) did not refer me to the local Oral Surgeon, but instead to the best in So. Cal. It was still a *****. Jsut about the worst mistake of my life was staying home while mom went to the pharmacy to get teh pain killer perscription filled. They took their time about it. I can promise they would have been fast if I had been there.

    Oh and I have a fairly high pain tolerance. As in broke a finger and have no idea when. (Well some idea, after the opening kickoff and before I untied my boots). I've also seperarted a shoulder and finished out a tournament Rugby match, and one after that and a half after that. Honestly it really did not hurt all that much until I was really cooled down and calm.

  5. #5
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith99 View Post
    All wisdom tooth extractions are not created equal. Mine were so bad that my father (my dentist) did not refer me to the local Oral Surgeon, but instead to the best in So. Cal. It was still a *****. Jsut about the worst mistake of my life was staying home while mom went to the pharmacy to get teh pain killer perscription filled. They took their time about it. I can promise they would have been fast if I had been there.

    Oh and I have a fairly high pain tolerance. As in broke a finger and have no idea when. (Well some idea, after the opening kickoff and before I untied my boots). I've also seperarted a shoulder and finished out a tournament Rugby match, and one after that and a half after that. Honestly it really did not hurt all that much until I was really cooled down and calm.
    You ARE TOTALLY right. I had no problems, even with 4 at once (and oh yeah - I had 4 other front/side teeth pulled for putting braces on reasons and had them pulled in the office with just novocaine - 2 teeth/2 visits) and never had a problem, especially with dry socket or any pain aftermath - which is a good thing because while I have a huge TUDE over life - I do have an achilles heel - teeth. Had a root canal that I thought I would just want to throw myself off the bridge in order to get away from the pain (I had 10 novocaine shots and still felt the SOB).

    Some of my friends however - with just one freaking tooth - had some of the worst problems.

    Again, may it heal fast...

  6. #6
    eert a ekil yzarc SpiderMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pasadena TX
    My Bikes
    many bikes
    Posts
    2,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My upper two were the text book yank. The bottom two were perpendicular and impacted into the neighboring molars. Wooot.

    The "stuff" is wearing off. Couple hours ago I might have understood both Pink Floyd and Merton.

    As for maning up, easy to say. While I can drink beer like a fish and not get puking, stammering drunk, I have no tolerance on pain meds. Half a Benadryl puts me out for the night. I once helped a friend remove the carpet in his shop. When we started using the paint thinner to remove the glue from the concrete. The guys had to call my wife to come pick me up. They said I only lasted 4 minutes.

  7. #7
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember my wisdom teeth removal.... the IV of demerol & valium was very, very nice.
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  8. #8
    carbon positive lifestyle carbonlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Heart of Darkness
    My Bikes
    I got a red bike, and I got an orange bike.
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMike View Post
    My upper two were the text book yank. The bottom two were perpendicular and impacted into the neighboring molars. Wooot.
    I had three wisdom teeth taken out at once (the first was done years earlier). One on the bottom was pointing forward so I had to go to the oral surgeon. I eventually suffered from dry socket and it hurt pretty bad.

    Later it was determined that the impacted wisdom tooth damaged the molar in front of it, so the dentist said I had to get a root canal. The endodontist drilled down and I felt excruciating pain (the worst I've ever felt). He pulled the drill and squirted anesthetic into the hole. He asked me "Is it safe?" I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he drilled further and boom, excruciating pain again. Ba$tards! They're all ba$tards!
    Last edited by carbonlife; 04-04-08 at 11:32 PM.

  9. #9
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonlife View Post
    I had three wisdom teeth taken out at once (the first was done years earlier). One on the bottom was pointing forward so I had to go to the oral surgeon. I eventually suffered from dry socket and it hurt pretty bad.

    Later it was determined that the impacted wisdom tooth damaged the molar in front of it, so the dentist said I had to get a root canal. The neanderthal dressed as a white robed dentist drilled down and I felt excruciating pain (the worst I've ever felt). He pulled the drill and squirted anesthetic into the hole. He asked me "Is it safe?" I didn't know what he was talking about. Then he drilled further and boom, excruciating pain again. Ba$tards! They're all ba$tards!
    FIFY

    Sorry I'm the biggest woos when it comes to teeth - I can handle pain - lots of pain - refuse to go to the hospital for a couple days - handle pain.

    Teeth. ugh. And for some reason every dam thing I need to have done (was in quite an accident about 10 yrs ago where I ended up face first on a sidewalk) has to do with something right in freaking front of me. And the novacaine shots - yeah - right up the roof of the mouth. And yeah - the one dentist missed a couple of times (see I still feel pain even after multiple, multiple, booster, multiple shots) and shot it thru my sinus cavity. arrrrrggghhhh!

    sorry, btw to the dentists out there

  10. #10
    Member dudewtfhillary's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    kentucky!
    My Bikes
    touchy. pout.
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, I could never date a dentist.

    Sucks about your face being swollen, but the pain meds are nice!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

  11. #11
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewtfhillary View Post
    Oh man, I could never date a dentist.

    Sucks about your face being swollen, but the pain meds are nice!
    Oh man, me neither!

    And the added plus to that ... my Aunt is a Hygentist and she works in an office that does state work ... and so she has a mask on all the time anyway ... but she has mentioned quite often the bad odors that accompany her patients ...

    um no. but hats off to them. Still hate y'all though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •