Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-08, 03:09 PM   #1
ravenmore
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ravenmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 8,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Wow - this would put me off my hiccups too I think

Found this link from a Wikipedia reference on hiccups. Not sure I'll be giving it a whirl any time soon.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract

Hmmm - wonder what the difference is between a digital one and an ANALog one?
ravenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 03:25 PM   #2
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc
Posts: 11,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...several manoeuvres were attempted, but with no success. Digital rectal massage was then performed resulting in abrupt cessation of the hiccups. Recurrence of the hiccups occurred several hours later, and again, they were terminated immediately with digital rectal massage. No other recurrences were observed.

No kidding! I'm pretty sure the guy figured out the pattern after the second UFIA.
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-08, 03:45 PM   #3
hos13
Senior Member
 
hos13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 552 LATA
Bikes: 2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please, no ride reports
hos13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:35 AM   #4
SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard
 
SingingSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like insertion of the tube did something that triggered his diaphragm to go wonky...no idea how...but there are shared nerves that do innervate down there. The massage probably fixed that right up.

That said, I won't be performing that any time soon...at least not with a client...
__________________
Shameless plug (my sites):
Work
Photography
Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.
SingingSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:43 AM   #5
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Digital, as in digit, as in finger, as in...well, you can take it from there.

{edit**
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn10207

The recommend cure is now to have sex culminating in orgasm to cure intractable hiccups.
And I'm thinking that's all points of access.

Last edited by Allen; 04-24-08 at 08:53 AM.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:50 AM   #6
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
Found this link from a Wikipedia reference on hiccups. Not sure I'll be giving it a whirl any time soon.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2...?dopt=Abstract

Hmmm - wonder what the difference is between a digital one and an ANALog one?
__________________
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:53 AM   #7
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Okay Ravenmore. I must ask. What were you searching for when you stumbled upon THIS??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:54 AM   #8
timmyquest
Banned.
 
timmyquest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Woodstock
Bikes:
Posts: 5,761
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Codine FTW!

Anal massage? WTF...
timmyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:55 AM   #9
Taerom
Hazardous
 
Taerom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Quarantine
Bikes: 2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sign me up
Taerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 08:58 AM   #10
ravenmore
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ravenmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 8,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
Okay Ravenmore. I must ask. What were you searching for when you stumbled upon THIS??
heh - hiccup cures believe it or not. I was trying to tell someone at work that raw sugar can cure hiccups and ended up at that article, lol.
ravenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:00 AM   #11
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
heh - hiccup cures believe it or not. I was trying to tell someone at work that raw sugar can cure hiccups and ended up at that article, lol.
that is not raw sugar... at least not what I consider raw sugar.
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:00 AM   #12
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
heh - hiccup cures believe it or not. I was trying to tell someone at work that raw sugar can cure hiccups and ended up at that article, lol.
Read the article I linked. Beats holding your breath and drinking water while holding your nose.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:39 AM   #13
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmore View Post
heh - hiccup cures believe it or not. I was trying to tell someone at work that raw sugar can cure hiccups and ended up at that article, lol.
Yah right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 10:23 AM   #14
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
Read the article I linked. Beats holding your breath and drinking water while holding your nose.
But...I always do that during sex.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 10:28 AM   #15
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc
Posts: 11,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
Sounds like insertion of the tube did something that triggered his diaphragm to go wonky...no idea how...but there are shared nerves that do innervate down there. The massage probably fixed that right up.

That said, I won't be performing that any time soon...at least not with a client...
That's not just a massage anymore if the doc's up there far enough to mess with his diaphragm.
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:18 AM   #16
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
But...I always do that during sex.
To each their own. Me personally, I stand on my head and count backward from 100.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:23 AM   #17
ravenmore
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
ravenmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 8,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
To each their own. Me personally, I stand on my head and count backward from 100.
during sex?

ravenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:29 AM   #18
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
That's not just a massage anymore if the doc's up there far enough to mess with his diaphragm.
diaphragms don't work that way, and from what I have heard, you can't get pregnant using that portal.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 11:33 AM   #19
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
diaphragms don't work that way, and from what I have heard, you can't get pregnant using that portal.
then what's it good for?
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:48 PM   #20
SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard
 
SingingSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
That's not just a massage anymore if the doc's up there far enough to mess with his diaphragm.
Point taken. He'd have to have an extremely long..digit...too.

I'd post a link to 2men1horse, but that's just wrong...

EDIT: P.S. Don't go to 2men1horse...eew. 18+...but not suitable for anyone's viewing.
__________________
Shameless plug (my sites):
Work
Photography
Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

Last edited by SingingSabre; 04-24-08 at 09:53 PM.
SingingSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:51 PM   #21
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM
 
slvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NYC
Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
Posts: 15,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
that is not raw sugar... at least not what I consider raw sugar.
Actually I'm gonna call that move "raw sugar" from now on.
slvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:57 PM   #22
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvoid View Post
Actually I'm gonna call that move "raw sugar" from now on.
Sugar, shocker...it's not much of a stretch....linguistically that is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:30 AM.