Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 110
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    MTV is looking for biking single parents

    Hi,everyone! We're casting now for MTV True Life: I'm a Single Parent. We're looking for parents with interesting lives. Do you take your child biking? Are you trying to date other bikers? If you live in the USA, appear to be 16-25 years old, and are a single parent, MTV is looking for you!

    Official casting calls is here:

    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/castingcall/...tingId=1486761

    If you're interested, send us your story along with a phone # and recent photos if possible to:

    singleparent@mtvn.com

    Thanks, and keep on riding!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truelife View Post
    appear to be 16-25 years old,



    True Life, indeed.





    Hey, can you arrange for me to meet some of those down to earth women on the Bret Michaels Rock of STD's show?

  3. #3
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked MTV so much better when they played videos.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  4. #4
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post
    I liked MTV so much better when they played videos.
    Dude how old are you???

  5. #5
    Dolce far niente bigbossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    10,809
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    Dude how old are you???

    I'll answer for him - old enough to remember when MTV was actually worth watching.
    "Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin, itís the triumphant twang of a bedspring."

    S. J. Perelman

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ziemas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
    I'll answer for him - old enough to remember when MTV was actually worth watching.
    I'm old enough to remember that it was never worth watching. Martha Quinn, urgh.

    Although I fondly remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e2ZMMLK4Kw

  7. #7
    your nightmare gal chipcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Cracker Factory
    Posts
    24,353
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truelife View Post
    Hi,everyone! We're casting now for MTV True Life: I'm a Single Parent. We're looking for parents with interesting lives. Do you take your child biking? Are you trying to date other bikers? If you live in the USA, appear to be 16-25 years old, and are a single parent, MTV is looking for you!

    Official casting calls is here:

    http://www.mtv.com/ontv/castingcall/...tingId=1486761

    If you're interested, send us your story along with a phone # and recent photos if possible to:

    singleparent@mtvn.com

    Thanks, and keep on riding!
    Hi, as you can see I have already appeared on the cover of Playboy and I am a famous (but dead) actress and sex symbol. I peddle my arse all over town every day and I've only been arrested for it once...but not convicted (it pays being the dead ex-wife of Joltin Joe). Sometimes I even ride my bike!

    I have no kids, but I often cruise the park and entice nice looking kids to ride with me, go get some ice cream, then go back to my place to watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

    I think I'd be SIMPLY PERFECT for MTV!





    Oh wait, you aren't auditioning for the Surreal Life?
    "Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ziemas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chipcom View Post
    Hi, as you can see I have already appeared on the cover of Playboy and I am a famous (but dead) actress and sex symbol. I peddle my arse all over town every day and I've only been arrested for it once...but not convicted (it pays being the dead ex-wife of Joltin Joe). Sometimes I even ride my bike!

    I have no kids, but I often cruise the park and entice nice looking kids to ride with me, go get some ice cream, then go back to my place to watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

    I think I'd be SIMPLY PERFECT for MTV!

  9. #9
    J E R S E Y S B E S T Jerseysbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post



    True Life, indeed.




    Haha, appear?
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    Cheating: a symptom of the problem.

  10. #10
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that timmyquest should be on the next season of The Real World: Quad Cities

    Represent, timmy!!

  11. #11
    Squirrelly Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziemas View Post
    I'm old enough to remember that it was never worth watching. Martha Quinn, urgh.

    Although I fondly remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e2ZMMLK4Kw
    I don't know if it was ever really "worth" watching. But it was certainly far better than it is now.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYbUCvz1LYE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yet more proof that I'm.. well, pretty much right about everything.

  12. #12
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyWeinberg View Post
    Dude how old are you???


    I still have my Sperry Topsiders and alligator shirts from when it was cool.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  13. #13
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When The Nashville Network changed its focus from country-related topics to being a pointless, generic station, they changed their name to The National Network, then "Spike". Why does MTV still go by Music Television, if it has nothing to do with music whatsoever?

    It should just go by Desperately, Pathetically Seeking The 18-25 Market By Any Means Necessary Television.

  14. #14
    Burning Matches. ElJamoquio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Le Champion SL, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    9,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait - there's still an MTV?
    Reacting is mind candy; it requires no thought. Thinking is tedious.

    Bikeforums 'Group Buy': Kinlin Rims, Sapim/DT Spokes, Formula/Bitex Hubs


    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die."
    -Steve Prefontaine

  15. #15
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    When The Nashville Network changed its focus from country-related topics to being a pointless, generic station, they changed their name to The National Network, then "Spike". Why does MTV still go by Music Television, if it has nothing to do with music whatsoever?

    It should just go by Desperately, Pathetically Seeking The 18-25 Market By Any Means Necessary Television.
    How about just "Empty V"

  16. #16
    SWAAAAAAAAAAAT
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    alief houston texas
    My Bikes
    masi speciale fixed (urrringe), haro f1 (black), haro x2 (red)
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mtv Get Off The Air

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTV has a few hours of music every oncein awhile. So that qualifies them as music television. Musicrealitypimpyourridewatchsomewasheduprockerhaveseckswithuglystripperstrueliferealitybull**** television.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to go have me some bebes so I can do this.

  19. #19
    . bbattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    My Bikes
    2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Trevisio, 1991 Colnago Master, '06 Bianchi San Jose, 1987 Moulton Fuso, '80's Gardin Shred?, '82 John Howard(Dave Tesch)
    Posts
    11,639
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tx_what_it_do View Post
    Mtv Get Off The Air
    Awesome song, btw.

    "I always talk like I'm wigged out on Quaaludes"

  20. #20
    SWAAAAAAAAAAAT
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    alief houston texas
    My Bikes
    masi speciale fixed (urrringe), haro f1 (black), haro x2 (red)
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at first i thought i was safe when they had mtv2, which for a month i dubbed "mtv not-****" but alas, it's pretty much the same now.

    and how the **** are they going to cancel Adventures in Hollyhood but leave all the other garbage on there? i know it was three-6's decision to stop but still.

  21. #21
    Packfodding 3 caloso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California, USA
    My Bikes
    Ridley Excalibur, Gazelle Champion Mondial, On-One Pompino, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    29,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    I want my MTV.
    Cyclists of the world, unite! You have nothing to lube but your chains!

  22. #22
    explody pup
    Guest
    I don't get it. People on this and other cycling forums piss and moan about how cycling is portrayed by popular culture. Then someone from one of the brightest beacons of that culture comes on here seeking to paint cycling in a positive light, maybe even inspire someone to get on a bike that would otherwise never consider it. Show people that a bike is a viable tool for transportation and that you can live a life without a car.

    Instead of suggestions people just get in on a circle jerk about how much they dislike MTV.

    Sorry to get on the soapbox, but, jeez, here's your chance, people. You're blowing it. Who knows when the next one will come along.

    Truelife: I can't personally help you. You're more likely to get a more positive response in the following subforums: Advocacy & Safety, Commuting, Living Car Free, Recreational & Family. Though you might want to first okay it with the forum administrators, since they're kind of picky about what could be considered spam.

    Good luck.

  23. #23
    Senior Member eric von zipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    @ the beach, NC
    My Bikes
    Surly Cross Check, Thorn Sherpa
    Posts
    609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about MTV was this, imo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmxRdx7HMME
    Surly Cross Check, Thorn Sherpa

  24. #24
    Senior Member Ziemas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explody pup View Post
    I don't get it. People on this and other cycling forums piss and moan about how cycling is portrayed by popular culture. Then someone from one of the brightest beacons of that culture comes on here seeking to paint cycling in a positive light, maybe even inspire someone to get on a bike that would otherwise never consider it. Show people that a bike is a viable tool for transportation and that you can live a life without a car.

    Instead of suggestions people just get in on a circle jerk about how much they dislike MTV.

    Sorry to get on the soapbox, but, jeez, here's your chance, people. You're blowing it. Who knows when the next one will come along.

    Truelife: I can't personally help you. You're more likely to get a more positive response in the following subforums: Advocacy & Safety, Commuting, Living Car Free, Recreational & Family. Though you might want to first okay it with the forum administrators, since they're kind of picky about what could be considered spam.

    Good luck.
    You clearly have no experience with the mass media. They have no interest in promoting cycling, what they do have an interest in is portraying people as being interesting to the viewing public, and that is most often achieved by making them look the fool via clever editing.

  25. #25
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caloso View Post


    I want my MTV.
    ahhh... i remember those days.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •