Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sigh, Friday night and sitting in, doing nothing ...

    Kinda just started seeing a guy, but his side business is going nuts now and he's busy tonite.

    <krunch> Luv those breath killer Dipsy Doodles corn chips. Just fished off a nasty dingleberry from my fuzzbally cat, have the cooking channel on in the background, Nickleback on my headphones, another little kitty hanging out on my shoulder.

    Bored and don't feel like putting the bike clothes back on and go out with the mtb.

    Bored.

    So who else is in this very blah condition?

  2. #2
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I be!
    I just finished dinner....a nice salad from my garden w/ some pork loin for protein.
    Now I'm letting that settle and trying to decide whether or not to go on a real bike ride or to get on the trainer. I'm really kind of tired of the trainer, so I may take the commuter bike out for a nice 15 miles or so.
    Or I may sit here on the couch and veg out for the night.

  3. #3
    Pretty Hate Machine Weeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Down in it
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Brava
    Posts
    435
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a new bike and got back from a short little 20 miles. Good friday evening.

  4. #4
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeks View Post
    I just bought a new bike and got back from a short little 20 miles. Good friday evening.
    <snarl> I want my new FS mtb soooooo bad! Glad you had a good ride!

  5. #5
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    25,147
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just wrapping things up at the shop and getting ready for the 10 km ride home on the fg which will be followed by dinner and more riding with my daughters on what is a beautiful and warm evening.

    I do wish that I could have a little more company for that ride and for after I get the girls tucked into bed...

  6. #6
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    Just wrapping things up at the shop and getting ready for the 10 km ride home on the fg which will be followed by dinner and more riding with my daughters on what is a beautiful and warm evening.

    I do wish that I could have a little more company for that ride and for after I get the girls tucked into bed...

    join the club

  7. #7
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tude View Post
    <snarl> I want my new FS mtb soooooo bad! Glad you had a good ride!
    New FS? Picked one?
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  8. #8
    Pwnerer Wordbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
    My Bikes
    Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
    Posts
    2,880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just chillin with a growler of good local brew.

    My wife is 200+ miles away...and there's nothing on TV. I hope my catboy shows up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    Ski, bike and wish I was gay.

  9. #9
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On call for work. Watching jobs run. Waiting for something to go wrong so I can fix it up. I suspect I can challenge Tude for being most bored tonight.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  10. #10
    Your imaginary friend. fuzzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wandering aimlessly.
    My Bikes
    A sweet Quamen ATL custom, GT Mach 2
    Posts
    2,209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to my Friday nights. The only thing exciting about Friday nights is Fried Rice Friday.

    Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

  11. #11
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankshaftYQX View Post
    New FS? Picked one?
    Yukon FX 2008 - has the essentials I wanted without killing the wallet, well lightly anyway. It rides quite nicely! Have been wanting a FS for a couple of years - moving the Rockhopper to where I want it as a commuter only - Yay!

    And I'm still bored tonite, blah.

    Roommate came home - he just turned 60 and has been losing weight - but not working out other than a treadmill - personally his muscle mass has reduced - anyway - he gets off his treadmill tonite and his skinny ankle is purple - like he twisted it or hit it. He strained it. So he's moaning and groaning about it.

    So that's what I "could" be listening too - but instead I have some good music in my nice headphones - but thinking about the surround sound now ...
    Last edited by Tude; 05-10-08 at 12:21 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Buglady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Bikes
    2013 MEC Col Ltd. road bike; 2012 MEC Silhouette hybrid; 2001 Specialized Allez (too small); 1984 Raleigh 5-speed city bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer; 1976 Raleigh Twenty folding bike; 1988 (?) Kuwahara "Blaze" mountain bike
    Posts
    2,282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Boy is home... and playing a Civ IV marathon in the basement with 3 buddies.

    I'm happy enough, though - working on my beading and listening to my almost-forgotten CDs, now that I have a computer and speakers in my workroom The cats are (for once) not trying to sit on my beads, arms, or hands (I swear they get points for how thoroughly they can pin me down), and the only down side is that I have to get up stupid early in the morning but I can't wind down.

  13. #13
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buglady View Post
    The Boy is home... and playing a Civ IV marathon in the basement with 3 buddies.

    I'm happy enough, though -
    working on my beading and listening to my almost-forgotten CDs, now that I have a computer and speakers in my workroom The cats are (for once) not trying to sit on my beads, arms, or hands (I swear they get points for how thoroughly they can pin me down), and the only down side is that I have to get up stupid early in the morning but I can't wind down.
    Beading!!!!

    I had to put that down last year cause I just couldn't see the tiny threads/needles/beads due to a contacts change - now I supplement with "reader" glasses. But unfortunately much of my supplies is in storage from the house sale and me sitting here as a rental in one of my great friend's spare bedrooms. I love beading.

    And I have some way too lovely bead shops where I walk in and walk out with this little teeny bag worth $40 of tiny semi-gemstone stuff (I luv citrine, garnet, etc). You loom?

  14. #14
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tude View Post
    Yukon FX 2008 - has the essentials I wanted without killing the wallet, well lightly anyway. It rides quite nicely! Have been wanting a FS for a couple of years - moving the Rockhopper to where I want it as a commuter only - Yay!

    And I'm still bored tonite, blah.

    Roommate came home - he just turned 60 and has been losing weight - but not working out other than a treadmill - personally his muscle mass has reduced - anyway - he gets off his treadmill tonite and his skinny ankle is purple - like he twisted it or hit it. He strained it. So he's moaning and groaning about it.

    So that's what I "could" be listening too - but instead I have some good music in my nice headphones - but thinking about the surround sound now ...
    Been thinking about an FX for Dad, actually
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  15. #15
    Senior Member Buglady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Bikes
    2013 MEC Col Ltd. road bike; 2012 MEC Silhouette hybrid; 2001 Specialized Allez (too small); 1984 Raleigh 5-speed city bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer; 1976 Raleigh Twenty folding bike; 1988 (?) Kuwahara "Blaze" mountain bike
    Posts
    2,282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tude View Post
    Beading!!!!

    I had to put that down last year cause I just couldn't see the tiny threads/needles/beads due to a contacts change - now I supplement with "reader" glasses. But unfortunately much of my supplies is in storage from the house sale and me sitting here as a rental in one of my great friend's spare bedrooms. I love beading.

    And I have some way too lovely bead shops where I walk in and walk out with this little teeny bag worth $40 of tiny semi-gemstone stuff (I luv citrine, garnet, etc). You loom?
    I have to use my reading glasses for some of the beads... some of it I do almost by feel, though. No, I don't do loomwork (tho my mom does beautiful stuff!) - I actually make beaded insects with 24g wire and several different sizes of beads. I also do stringing with semiprecious beads, various earrings, and wirework, also with semiprecious and glass beads. I have a link to my stuff in my sig, and I post on Craftster too.

    I have recently learned several off-loom techniques including flat and circular peyote stitch that are opening up all kinds of possiblilities. Circular peyote stitch = butterfly wings, and tubular peyote = caterpillars, bee bodies, etc (Yes, the "buglady" name is appropriate ).

    I just ordered approximately one billion seed beads from FMG, since I go through the little vials at the bead store too quickly. (And I will just say, FireMountain Gems
    rocks my world, although my wish list is probably worth ten thousand dollars or so! - they have bulk buying discounts... get up to 50 items in your cart and all of a sudden your subtotal drops by half... whee!)

    Beading is as addictive as biking, and nearly as expensive...and sadly, BOTH cost more than a medium-intensity cocaine habit!

  16. #16
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buglady View Post
    I have to use my reading glasses for some of the beads... some of it I do almost by feel, though. No, I don't do loomwork (tho my mom does beautiful stuff!) - I actually make beaded insects with 24g wire and several different sizes of beads. I also do stringing with semiprecious beads, various earrings, and wirework, also with semiprecious and glass beads. I have a link to my stuff in my sig, and I post on Craftster too.

    I have recently learned several off-loom techniques including flat and circular peyote stitch that are opening up all kinds of possiblilities. Circular peyote stitch = butterfly wings, and tubular peyote = caterpillars, bee bodies, etc (Yes, the "buglady" name is appropriate ).

    I just ordered approximately one billion seed beads from FMG, since I go through the little vials at the bead store too quickly. (And I will just say, FireMountain Gems
    rocks my world, although my wish list is probably worth ten thousand dollars or so! - they have bulk buying discounts... get up to 50 items in your cart and all of a sudden your subtotal drops by half... whee!)

    Beading is as addictive as biking, and nearly as expensive...and sadly, BOTH cost more than a medium-intensity cocaine habit!
    I can't wait (now that I have the reading glasses thing under control) to get my beading stuffs out of the boxes in storage - I also supplement that habit with several trips down to a semi-gem bead store in town. Uhhhhhhhhhhh - yes can I have 5 of that size citrine, 10 of the peridot and OOOOOLLALALALAL - what is that!!! HOW MUCH?? Ok, 2 of them. Boy - I walk out of there with a little bag worth about $40 and that's just a one trip ... I did make for an ex-boyfriend - because that's what he wanted for his birthday - a spectacular dream catcher where I used only the semi-precious - and used other glass beads making basically small earring style items and then sewing them into the dream catcher as well as sewing in stones here and there. Used a very nice tight cord with a nice sheen to it (went to go buy more and my local shop could not get it - awesome stuff though) for the actual dreamcatcher (I macrame as well - biggest items were hanging tables and a two person hammock with overhang and backdrop with some unusual modern twists to the backdrop - turned out lovely <pats meself on the back >. Cools stuff. With my supplies in storage and having no real room to do anything ... I feel quite craft depleted ...

    My goal was to try and use the loom to do some small beaded purses - which I like to decorate my rooms with - I've seen some absolutely fantastic little beaded purses at some festivals -- $60 and on up - lots of work into them. But I have some ideas and designs and my initial stabs at using the loom turned out pretty well - and now with the better viewing capability I'd like to do it again. I do have some stock (beads) here - have to check if the loom is here or in storage. Sucks to have stuff in storage.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Buglady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Bikes
    2013 MEC Col Ltd. road bike; 2012 MEC Silhouette hybrid; 2001 Specialized Allez (too small); 1984 Raleigh 5-speed city bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer; 1976 Raleigh Twenty folding bike; 1988 (?) Kuwahara "Blaze" mountain bike
    Posts
    2,282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ack, craft separation anxiety! I sympathize. On the bright side, when you are reunited with your bead stash it will be like Christmas!

    That dreamcatcher sounds gorgeous, a real work of art. Did you take a picture of it? And I am in awe of macrame. There are wayyy too many little ends to get tangled up (and chased by kitties).

    If you can't get at the loom right away, you might try flat peyote stitch or brick stitch instead. I can find you some links to tutorials if you want

  18. #18
    Pwnerer Wordbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
    My Bikes
    Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
    Posts
    2,880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you ladies do cardweaving?

    If so...I would love to talk to you about a project in PM...
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
    Ski, bike and wish I was gay.

  19. #19
    chicken pecker ChristAir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    eastern NC
    My Bikes
    everything except a roadbike
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you do thread weaving? The threadkiller thread is falling apart!
    I'm just a Christian guy looking to get some good air- I'm ChristAir.

    Quote Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
    Hey, sometimes ya gotta shake hands with your feelings....in your case, it's gonna be a long handshake....:D

  20. #20
    Senior Member Buglady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Bikes
    2013 MEC Col Ltd. road bike; 2012 MEC Silhouette hybrid; 2001 Specialized Allez (too small); 1984 Raleigh 5-speed city bike; 1985 Boyes-Rosser tourer; 1976 Raleigh Twenty folding bike; 1988 (?) Kuwahara "Blaze" mountain bike
    Posts
    2,282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: cardweaving... not me, I'm afraid (too many ends, again...)

    Threadweaving... heh.

  21. #21
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buglady View Post
    Ack, craft separation anxiety! I sympathize. On the bright side, when you are reunited with your bead stash it will be like Christmas!

    That dreamcatcher sounds gorgeous, a real work of art. Did you take a picture of it? And I am in awe of macrame. There are wayyy too many little ends to get tangled up (and chased by kitties).

    If you can't get at the loom right away, you might try flat peyote stitch or brick stitch instead. I can find you some links to tutorials if you want
    hehe - the big items I've done have had the cords run from one end of the house to the other - and great exercise for the hands - beat the heck out of them on those big items! Oh and No Kitties were present when I did those projects, thank goodness!! It was bad enough when I got tangled waaaaay down the line even with doing an almost Twister kinda thing to keep all the many cords separated.



    Cardweaving - never heard of it - just googled it, innnterressting .... keeps the thread a lot more separate than on a small loom where tangles can be deadly. Haven't worked with just thread - I'm more into a waxed silk or plastic line as some beads have such a teeeny weeeny hole thru them - nothing like working with readers glasses on over a magnifying glass on a stand with a light, "needles" that are in reality slim bendable wire that if you sneezed - they blow away ... hehe - they are sooooo miniscule that if they fell onto the rug and you stepped on them with your bare foot - you wouldn't feel them.

    Need a bigger one - and I know how I want it and have a contact that can construct what I want. Ahhhh poor beads in storage - and I had just hit some stores going out of business and stocked up so I refuse to go and buy more when I have a couple of storage boxes filled with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •