We are getting ready to buy a Honda Civic, to replace my VW Passat. The Passat is very good condition, but the check engine light has been on for some time. I'm fairly sure it's an O2 sensor. So should I:
Trade as is
Get the sensor fixed and trade
Sell as is
Get the sensor fixed and sell
It's low miles, and very clean, 1 owner. I need a car and would rather not wait until it sells or rent a car until we bought one.
All thoughts are appreciated.
P.S. I think we could sell it for about $1500 more then trade, and the O2 sensor looks like about a $500 repair.