Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-08, 07:58 AM   #1
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No Lexapro for a couple weeks now.

Cold Turkey - I stopped. Bing. Nadda. F it. I suffered some for a few days but all better.
Ya'll let me know if I get a little weird or something. I can go back on them if so.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:02 AM   #2
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You are depending on Foo to tell you if you are acting weird? Not the best barometer. Just saying.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:04 AM   #3
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't I know. This is where crazy people go to find normalcy.
Actually my wife is keeping me in close check.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:07 AM   #4
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm already getting a slight weird vibe...just sayin'.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:09 AM   #5
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
I'm already getting a slight weird vibe...just sayin'.
he's fine....he just needs to send all the extra pills to me, that way they will go to good use.
Umm...how many lexapro do you take at a time and how much liquor is required to wash it down?
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:24 AM   #6
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
he's fine....he just needs to send all the extra pills to me, that way they will go to good use.
Umm...how many lexapro do you take at a time and how much liquor is required to wash it down?
It's six pills and 4 beers. OR was it 4 pills and six beers. Either way, I was a zombie.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:27 AM   #7
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Any combo of ten would probably work.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 08:46 AM   #8
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk
 
Little Darwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Bikes: Many
Posts: 8,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I was on Lexapro for a week and broke out into a full body rash... I decided I was better without it.

A friend mentioned to me it sounded more like a really nice car than a medication anyway.
__________________
Slow Ride Cyclists of NEPA

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Little Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-08, 09:17 AM   #9
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
I was on Lexapro for a week and broke out into a full body rash... I decided I was better without it.

A friend mentioned to me it sounded more like a really nice car than a medication anyway.
You're avatar makes me want X and kick it with some hardcore gabber instead.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 01:24 PM   #10
StokerPoker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Bikes: Pacific Duece AL with mods
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you sure that's the best way to go? I hope you have a safe back up plan and friends you aren't afraid to call. My own personal experience with this kind of thing is that it seems like a good thing at the time, and there are valid reasons for stopping but, it's not always the best option. Have you talked to your Doc about it? Finding the right medication tends to be a royal PITA, but can be well worth it in the end.
StokerPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 01:57 PM   #11
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for your concern. It's been a while and I haven't had any problems except a little coming off of it at first. Waking up with vertigo and a nasty headache. All normal this morning.

Also, I'm not really freaking out or anything. I don't feel like hanging myself or jumping off a building - like I had in the past. My wonderful wife has been keeping me in check when I lose my cool. She'll let me know when I'm bugging out. And it's been helpful.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 02:28 PM   #12
StokerPoker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Livonia, MI
Bikes: Pacific Duece AL with mods
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by substructure View Post
Thanks for your concern. It's been a while and I haven't had any problems except a little coming off of it at first. Waking up with vertigo and a nasty headache. All normal this morning.

Also, I'm not really freaking out or anything. I don't feel like hanging myself or jumping off a building - like I had in the past. My wonderful wife has been keeping me in check when I lose my cool. She'll let me know when I'm bugging out. And it's been helpful.
Having people around that you care enough about to share your feelings with and who care enough about you to tell you when you're acting up is a blessing.
StokerPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 04:28 PM   #13
substructure
RustyTainte
Thread Starter
 
substructure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 28012
Bikes: zilch
Posts: 12,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StokerPoker View Post
Having people around that you care enough about to share your feelings with and who care enough about you to tell you when you're acting up is a blessing.
Yes it is. I was blessed with a wonderful and beautiful and funny and sexy woman. And a heck of a good cook. She keeps me grounded.
substructure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 05:01 PM   #14
ridethecliche
Village Idiot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bahstaaaaan
Bikes:
Posts: 20,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Go you.
Let cycling be your zen!
ridethecliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 05:21 PM   #15
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Darwin View Post
A friend mentioned to me it sounded more like a really nice car than a medication anyway.
Sounds like a memory card, to me.



In fact, I'd never heard of it, so I had to look up what it is. With this newfound knowledge, I have to offer my congratulations and wishes of good luck, substructure.
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 05:29 PM   #16
Pheard
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South City, Ca
Bikes:
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Sounds like a memory card, to me.



In fact, I'd never heard of it, so I had to look up what it is. With this newfound knowledge, I have to offer my congratulations and wishes of good luck, substructure.
+1
Pheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:04 PM.