Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Must...... stay..........awake...

    Waiting in line for the iPhone 3G, t-minus 3 hours and 50 minutes.

  2. #2
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I LOL @ U.

    Why?

  3. #3
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Within 8 minutes, you now have 2 people LOL'ing at you.

  4. #4
    que deporte! naujcdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Elk Grove Village
    My Bikes
    2007 Bianchi C2C
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not going to insult you but you are a dummy.

    Wow...what a damn phone can do to people...

    Six in the morning, man, i was sleeping very comfortably, not giving two rat's ass on a monopoly-driven business gadget...
    2007 Bianchi C2C

  5. #5
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add my lawlz to the thread and i'm even on th3 left coast and 2 hours late.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just need my phone to make a call. Nothing more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  7. #7
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay for people who are corporate slaves!!

  8. #8
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    must..... stay.............. uncaring.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  9. #9
    Senior Member SwimBike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pretty much Canada, NY
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have problems getting phones... I goto verizon and ask for a simple phone that makes calls and recieves calls. They seem a bit shocked wondering why I dont want all the bells and whistles. Typically I go back and forth with the sales guy as he tries to get me to sign up for the internet, gps, voice activated something or another, all this other useless stuff..... (useless to me at least)

  10. #10
    Squirrelly Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamkar33m View Post
    Waiting in line for the iPhone 3G, t-minus 3 hours and 50 minutes.
    that's nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yet more proof that I'm.. well, pretty much right about everything.

  11. #11
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blah. They keep sending me emails to try to get me into a frenzy. Not working.

  12. #12
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must not sleep must warn others Trust blocks creep where the dust storm hovers
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  13. #13
    enginerd jeff^d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    Surly Steamroller, Kona Unit, Trek 520
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080711/apple_iphone.html?.v=27:

    Nick Epperson, a 24-year-old grad student, spent the night outside an AT&T store in Atlanta, keeping his cheer up with bags of Doritos, three games of Scrabble and two packs of cigarettes. Asked why he was waiting in line, he responded simply "Chicks dig the iPhone."

  14. #14
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And now reports are coming in that some sort of software glitch is stopping full instore activation.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  15. #15
    que deporte! naujcdl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Elk Grove Village
    My Bikes
    2007 Bianchi C2C
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    nice going to the new phone people...glitches glitches.
    2007 Bianchi C2C

  16. #16
    The Improbable Bulk Little Darwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wilkes-Barre, PA
    My Bikes
    Many
    Posts
    7,297
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also stopping at home activation, and apparently causing some previous iPhones to fail too based on an automatic "upgrade"...
    Slow Ride Cyclists of NEPA

    People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked my iPhone up at 8:33am, #7 in line at my store. It wasnt until 4pm that I was able to get it activated fully... damn itune store servers were down all afternoon.

  18. #18
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of that time, and what do you have to show for it? A cellular phone. Congratulations, I guess.

  19. #19
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One that will be obsolete in like......a coupla months or so. Sumptin' like dat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  20. #20
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <looks funny>

    OK, I can possibly see this happening when a new game or computer upgrade, etc is being unveiled - although I would not do it.

    OK, so I did it one freaking early morning the day after Thanksgiving as I stood in front of a Wal-Mart and watched the sun rise - and kids asleep in the backs of trucks on sleeping bags - just so I could enter, AHEM, er RUN with the rest of the pack into Wal-Mart to buy a cheap TV - resulting in bad words said to a few people, tried not to be like the rest of the lemmings and run but I knew there was just a few TV's per store and OH EFF IT - everyone was running!!!! I actually had some words with someone as we nearly "tussled" over a TV. Only to look over to see Mom (TV was for her) standing happily with a grocery cart and TV perched on top. Saved grace and told my "tussleree" that he won. and left. Ohhhhh never again. Mom got a kick out of it. Never ever again will I watch the sun rise over a Wal-Mart.

    But ok, concert tickets - ermmmmmm, shrug, possibility.

    Phone? <pinched look> errr, no.

    But OTOH - hope yer happy with it and it's features.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tude View Post
    <looks funny>

    OK, I can possibly see this happening when a new game or computer upgrade, etc is being unveiled - although I would not do it.

    OK, so I did it one freaking early morning the day after Thanksgiving as I stood in front of a Wal-Mart and watched the sun rise - and kids asleep in the backs of trucks on sleeping bags - just so I could enter, AHEM, er RUN with the rest of the pack into Wal-Mart to buy a cheap TV - resulting in bad words said to a few people, tried not to be like the rest of the lemmings and run but I knew there was just a few TV's per store and OH EFF IT - everyone was running!!!! I actually had some words with someone as we nearly "tussled" over a TV. Only to look over to see Mom (TV was for her) standing happily with a grocery cart and TV perched on top. Saved grace and told my "tussleree" that he won. and left. Ohhhhh never again. Mom got a kick out of it. Never ever again will I watch the sun rise over a Wal-Mart.

    But ok, concert tickets - ermmmmmm, shrug, possibility.

    Phone? <pinched look> errr, no.

    But OTOH - hope yer happy with it and it's features.
    Thank you, that's the first anyone's ever said anything nice to me so far. Yes I AM happy with it's features, it's freaking FAST and beautiful. It will accompany me on many bike rides to come, now that I have some entertainment (iPod) I can ride further without getting bored.

  22. #22
    superArti artifice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnersoter
    My Bikes
    2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to resent all my friends with internet phones. Sure, it comes in handy sometimes (especially when I'm lost and call one of them to pull up a map)... but it gets annoying when we're hanging out and they're interneting, or we're at a trivia night and they're looking up answers (takes all the fun out of it!)
    /rant

    congrats on the new phone

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    I'm starting to resent all my friends with internet phones. Sure, it comes in handy sometimes (especially when I'm lost and call one of them to pull up a map)... but it gets annoying when we're hanging out and they're interneting, or we're at a trivia night and they're looking up answers (takes all the fun out of it!)
    /rant

    congrats on the new phone
    I know what you mean, i've been there myself. I at least try to keep the phone away unless I REALLY need to do something with it. Most of the time I actually pay attention to my buddies, unlike most other internet junkie kiddies.

    Thanks for the congrats, maybe you should buy yourself one so you too can cheat in trivia night.

  24. #24
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •