that might work.
yes, and she would literally be making the money
maybe she has a job at the mint. Then she would legally be making millions.
its only illegal if you get caught
no one likes a tease.... details??
Um, lets see if I can super summarize considering I can't post more than some mystical # of characters: first interview for a new job was today (found me at random via an agency I interviewed with 1 yr ago). went very well.
the agency emailed me this afternoon and said I'm their top candidate so far and to expect a call back monday. new job = 10% raise, mroe time off, larger company, more potential for advancement.
but what if they offer me a job? (There is a second interview in the process) but there is a huge sense of urgency to fill the position. My current job (5 employees) I'm the only person who knows anything that I do. Leaving would require time to find someone new, plus a week hands-on training with them. I love the people I work with, and the company, so what to do here?
While it sounds good and all, 10% increase?
I hope you likedit it.
2007 Bianchi C2C
10% more than I'm making now.... plus at this stage of my life more vacation and a more fun atmosphere are worth enormous amounts.
your right, this is tough to write a response with such a word limit
I was in a similar position and gave a 1 month notice. Previous employer appreciated it, current employer understood. If they can wait 2 weeks for you to start, they can probably wait a month.
Well Dam Gurl!!! You must share!!!
but not if it's:
a preggles, or includes an ex-husband, odd husband, old cabbage, dog that bites, MIL that bites, wardrobe that makes me look like I should be on a Barney set, states that a pig is involved, makes me do bad things with spoiled fish or, or any of the above.
Other than that ... it's all clear.
Sounds like you're ready for the move.
Consider how far the current position can take you over the next year or two. Is it where you'd want to be?
How about the position for which you may receive an offer?
Which, looking back 5 years from now, would have been the more-advancing stepping stone ?
Six months later, they approached me again, and this time I gave it some serious thought, considered how far I could advance in my then-current position (I had no room for advancement), and considered not just salary but personal growth. I made the move, and have been with the new employer for over two years now and haven't regretted it for a single day. A larger company, provided they cater to your needs, just has the resources to offer so much more.
The deal I struck with the new employer was that I'd need a couple of months to finish what I was doing, find a replacement and train them, etc .. I suggest you try to do the same.
ie. Indicate to the new employer (assuming you get an offer) that you need a month to tie up loose ends and help train your replacement. Likewise, indicate to the current employer that you didn't want to exercise your obligated 2-weeks notice, but rather that you negotiated a full month to do a proper handover.