Snap decision time.
I have an apparant oppoutunity to catch a berth on this.
She leaves Eureka Sunday the 20th in the evening and one of the crew wants a replacement. I'm not sure if the captain would agree on such short notice. Although he did look at me and tell me that he is always looking for "young, strong men". Not sure I fall in there...............
So, if I take it (can get it) I most likely won't be able to tell you I did it, only that I didn't.
It would actually fall in place timewise very well for me. I need to be back at school by the 22nd and the ship wants a three week/one month commitment and that would work.
Weighing family responsibilities vs fun and hard work. Hmmmmmm.
Didn't make it, but now I know about it I can make plans for next summer. This should be really fun.
I'm so jealous. Can I sign up for next summer, too?
trois, mon frère
Oh wow, I want to do that. Only a month huh?
They say three or four weeks minimum. I would love to do a couple of months, say in the South Pacific.
I was talking to the crewmember that came from the Bounty, and they are heading that way soon. It could be the first time the Bounty has gone back to Pitcairn Is. since it was burned and sunk. At least this Replica.
The Nina is supposed to be the most exact copy of a Caravelle (Nina) to date. It would be a blast to crew onboard and get to talk and mingle with all of the people that tour her while inport.
This time I just had to remove myself from the fun factor and consider some "practical" matters.