Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unwise Marketing

    Watched my father spit his drink onto the TV when True North announced on their commercial that they had an extraordinary nut snack.

  2. #2
    The Wheel is Turning The Figment's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virgil Kansas
    My Bikes
    '05 Novara (REI) Bonanza
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Watched my father spit his drink onto the TV when True North announced on their commercial that they had an extraordinary nut snack.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was walking across the room when I heard this coming from the TV...Stopped me dead in my tracks....With the same look on my face as when I heard "Jane,You Ignorant ****" for the first time!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ziemas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,076
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Figment View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was walking across the room when I heard this coming from the TV...Stopped me dead in my tracks....With the same look on my face as when I heard "Jane,You Ignorant ****" for the first time!
    Where did you hear that?

  4. #4
    The Wheel is Turning The Figment's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virgil Kansas
    My Bikes
    '05 Novara (REI) Bonanza
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziemas View Post
    Where did you hear that?
    Saturday Night Live.....Dan Aykroyd to Jane Curtin in the skit "Weekend UpDate" Somewhere in 1975-76

  5. #5
    Senior Member deraltekluge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My Bikes
    Kona Cinder Cone, Sun EZ-3 AX
    Posts
    1,195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask Google...it knows (nearly) everything. "Jane,you ignorant ****" is a line from a Saturday Night Live regular skit from about 30 years ago, with Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin.

    In a parody of the "Point-Counterpoint" segment of the news program 60 Minutes, Curtin portrayed a controlled "liberal", Politically Correct viewpoint (referencing Shana Alexander) vs. Dan Aykroyd, who (referencing James J. Kilpatrick) prototyped the right-wing view, albeit with an over the top "attack" journalist slant. Curtin would present the liberal "Point" portion first, then Aykroyd would present the "Counterpoint" portion, sometimes beginning with the statement, "Jane, you ignorant ****."

  6. #6
    It's easy being green. recumelectric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    in the desert
    My Bikes
    Trek Beach Cruiser, Sun X-2 AX (bent)
    Posts
    932
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deraltekluge View Post
    Ask Google...it knows (nearly) everything. "Jane,you ignorant ****" is a line from a Saturday Night Live regular skit from about 30 years ago, with Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtin.

    In a parody of the "Point-Counterpoint" segment of the news program 60 Minutes, Curtin portrayed a controlled "liberal", Politically Correct viewpoint (referencing Shana Alexander) vs. Dan Aykroyd, who (referencing James J. Kilpatrick) prototyped the right-wing view, albeit with an over the top "attack" journalist slant. Curtin would present the liberal "Point" portion first, then Aykroyd would present the "Counterpoint" portion, sometimes beginning with the statement, "Jane, you ignorant ****."
    I thought everyone knew that! Guess I am officially entering the "middle-aged" or maybe "old-lady" stage.
    When I ride, the troubles just roll off my back.

    Originally Posted by Cody Broken :
    Every ride is a mission, a race, an adventure, a quest.
    Every bike is noble steed, a stalwart machine, a clever device, a stealthy speedster.

  7. #7
    Kicked out of the Webelos bluebottle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Watched my father spit his drink onto the TV when True North announced on their commercial that they had an extraordinary nut snack.
    Oh, now I have to figure out how to clean coffee off the monitor.
    ______________________________________________

    Kicked out of the Webelos.

  8. #8
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And have you tried it?

    Steven
    Dragging Anchor

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAnchor View Post
    And have you tried it?

    Steven
    Not as yet, cutting the amount of salt in the 'ol diet currently.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the wild things are
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    Watched my father spit his drink onto the TV when True North announced on their commercial that they had an extraordinary nut snack.
    I had nearly the same reaction. I swear I thought they had said "sack".

    Must be a guy thing though. I had the commercial recorded on our DVR. Played it for my wife.. her reaction was "uhhh.. whats so funny?" I said "Didn't that sound like 'sack'?" She just said "You're sick" rolled her eyes and shook her head.

  11. #11
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found it

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kch-4pgitXk

    Although I hear Nut Snack

  12. #12
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way I ain't tryin it.
    Dragging Anchor

  13. #13
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,425
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Work
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  14. #14
    shaken, not stirred. gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Shaky Isles.
    My Bikes
    I've lost count.
    Posts
    2,944
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me of the Australian ad from the early nineties for Nobby's Nuts.


    The catchline was "nibble Nobby's Nuts".
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"
    vBulletin: snafu

  15. #15
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nut s(n)ack?


    =3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •