I'm talking about those things that you should do because you love mother earth, but you actually do because you're just another selfish human doing selfish things, and the by-product happens to be good for the environment.
- Bike commute. I do it for exercise and to save my wallet.
- Chose wind power for electricity. Cheaper rate than traditional because of a contract situation in Texas. I wanted to stay with Gexa because of the airline miles you get and the wind plan was the cheapest I could get.
- Insulated and sealed my house for energy efficiency. I don't like high power bills.
- Switched to CFLs throughout my house. Same reason.
- Occasionally ask for paper instead of plastic. I love making popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove. I use the paper sacks to toss butter, salt, and popcorn around for distribution.
- Infrequently dry clean suits. Makes the suits last longer.
- Bare-minimum water my lawn (Dallas). The faster it grows, the more often I have to cut it.