What do you do for the environment that you don't do because of the environment?
I'm talking about those things that you should do because you love mother earth, but you actually do because you're just another selfish human doing selfish things, and the by-product happens to be good for the environment.
- Bike commute. I do it for exercise and to save my wallet.
- Chose wind power for electricity. Cheaper rate than traditional because of a contract situation in Texas. I wanted to stay with Gexa because of the airline miles you get and the wind plan was the cheapest I could get.
- Insulated and sealed my house for energy efficiency. I don't like high power bills.
- Switched to CFLs throughout my house. Same reason.
- Occasionally ask for paper instead of plastic. I love making popcorn the old fashioned way on the stove. I use the paper sacks to toss butter, salt, and popcorn around for distribution.
- Infrequently dry clean suits. Makes the suits last longer.
- Bare-minimum water my lawn (Dallas). The faster it grows, the more often I have to cut it.