Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-08, 10:02 PM   #1
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
Thread Starter
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes! Back to being a Jerk!!

Wow. I emailed the ex. I worked on her motorcycle on Monday, but she needs to ride it to make sure it's fixed. I need about 15 minutes to finish up her bike and I'm leaving for a week in a couple days, so, since she wants to sell the bike quickly, I just sent her an email...

"I'm heading back to ****** in a couple days so if you want the bike finished, you need to let me know what's happening."

She just called me up crying. "Are you heading back permanently?" I told her no, just getting my stuff but she needs to let me know what's happening with the bike. The entire conversation she was talking quietly in between little crying gasps.

Part of me wants to reassure her and be the nice, sensitive man I was to her, but most of me want's to be a complete dick to her. So that's what I did. All business, no sensitivity. If she's still holding onto feelings, she needs to deal with it and keep me the hell out of it.

I'm slightly happier now.
UnsafeAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 10:06 PM   #2
MrCrassic 
Senior Member
 
MrCrassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's what I'm talking about.
__________________
Ride more.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces
MrCrassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 10:18 PM   #3
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Good for you. I'm proud of you !!Let's see how long THIS lasts. I would have said that you were not sure if it's permanent, you are gonna check things out....

I'm bad like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 10:45 PM   #4
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
If, the next time you see her, she starts crying, be sure to kick her in the shins, tweak her nose, poke her in the eye, and pull her hair, all while laughing in her face.

Then fart and leave the room forever.
You may want to clog her toilet too.

An Upper Deck may be a nice going away present as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 10:58 PM   #5
scarpi41
Come on you reds!
 
scarpi41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Strong Island
Bikes: Bikeless in NY, due to a few thugs. But I do own a Kestrel in Florida
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whats happening?
scarpi41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 11:09 PM   #6
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,940
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by making View Post
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:24 AM   #7
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
You may want to clog her toilet too.

An Upper Deck may be a nice going away present as well.
__________________
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:29 AM   #8
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
????????????


__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:39 AM   #9
black_box
Fax Transport Specialist
 
black_box's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chicago burbs
Bikes: '07 fuji cross pro, '10 gary fisher x-caliber
Posts: 897
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=upper+deck
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:45 AM   #10
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
Thread Starter
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure what disturbs me more. The fact that Upper Deck means what it does, or that Stacey knows what it means....
UnsafeAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:47 AM   #11
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 07:52 AM   #12
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll bet I know what would disturb her more...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 09:09 AM   #13
Ka_Jun
Who farted?
 
Ka_Jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man...you still talking about this? *ugh*
Ka_Jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 09:17 AM   #14
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post

"I'm heading back to ****** in a couple days so if you want the bike finished, you need to let me know what's happening."

She just called me up crying. "Are you heading back permanently?" I told her no, just getting my stuff but she needs to let me know what's happening with the bike. The entire conversation she was talking quietly in between little crying gasps.
You should have just said yes. She would move on, you would move on...

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 09:32 AM   #15
ravenmore
Senior Member
 
ravenmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 8,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
dude - move on to another gal that appreciates you and shut up about this already. Sheesh.

(that's how you be a jerk...)
ravenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 09:50 AM   #16
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
I'm not sure what disturbs me more. The fact that Upper Deck means what it does, or that Stacey knows what it means....
Baaaa-aaaaad upper deck!
__________________
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 10:21 AM   #17
Hobartlemagne 
Spelling Snob
 
Hobartlemagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Plano, Texas
Bikes: Panasonic DX4000, Bianchi Pista
Posts: 2,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So- you are fixing her bike. What is she doing for you in return?
__________________

The first rule of flats is You don't talk about flats!
Hobartlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 10:32 AM   #18
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
Thread Starter
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I get this frame.

UnsafeAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 10:34 AM   #19
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does that say 'Catamite'?
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 10:39 AM   #20
Psydotek
Body By Nintendo
 
Psydotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
Bikes: Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
Posts: 3,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
Wow. I emailed the ex. I worked on her motorcycle on Monday, but she needs to ride it to make sure it's fixed. I need about 15 minutes to finish up her bike and I'm leaving for a week in a couple days, so, since she wants to sell the bike quickly, I just sent her an email...

"I'm heading back to ****** in a couple days so if you want the bike finished, you need to let me know what's happening."

She just called me up crying. "Are you heading back permanently?" I told her no, just getting my stuff but she needs to let me know what's happening with the bike. The entire conversation she was talking quietly in between little crying gasps.

Part of me wants to reassure her and be the nice, sensitive man I was to her, but most of me want's to be a complete dick to her. So that's what I did. All business, no sensitivity. If she's still holding onto feelings, she needs to deal with it and keep me the hell out of it.

I'm slightly happier now.
You jerk!

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.
Psydotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 12:16 PM   #21
Ka_Jun
Who farted?
 
Ka_Jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Bikes: '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
Posts: 1,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
Does that say 'Catamite'?
Heh...
Ka_Jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 12:34 PM   #22
Shadiyah
KombuchaCHIC
 
Shadiyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SLC,UT
Bikes: Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good job! Now just stick to your guns.
Shadiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 12:58 PM   #23
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you are Jerk again, try to stay away from oil cans, or really cans of any sort. He hates cans.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 01:00 PM   #24
UnsafeAlpine
Domestic Domestique
Thread Starter
 
UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
Posts: 1,742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new avatar maybe?

UnsafeAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-08, 01:10 PM   #25
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)


__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 PM.