Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. #1
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What turns you off?

    Yep, had to do it. I'll start. Um....er.....ok, someone else go while I think about it.

  2. #2
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bad attitude, not enjoying the moment, not enjoying the scenery, being a bump on a log, and the list goes on and on.

  3. #3
    danke shubonker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    822
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    constant whining

  4. #4
    ?
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dumb *****es.

  5. #5
    Strong with the Fred Big_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women who dislike me for something or someone I may remind them of. At least get to know me first. I can give you plenty of reasons to hate me...or not.
    Ernest
    I love pho long time.

  6. #6
    Banned. Elusor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    low confidence

  7. #7
    My name is Mike, not Cal
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say rudeness to a third party. Not that I'm never rude--it's just easier to notice in others and when someone I'm with is rude, I feel like I have to apologize for them, making it uncomfortable to be around them.

    --

    Ha, that's weird, I almost posted a thread asking the questions James Lipton asks on Inside the Actor's Studio:

    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    5. What sound or noise do you love?
    6. What sound or noise do you hate?
    7. What is your favorite curse word?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    "I got my lips chewed off by a dingo!" --David Letterman

  8. #8
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low quality ricers, which around here means Honda's, which are in a sickening abundance.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  9. #9
    Dude wheres my guads? skinnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guess
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    2,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bad attitude, snootiness, bragging, loudness.

  10. #10
    Crushing souls Hickeydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everything



    See the "what turns you on thread"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

    What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.

  11. #11
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross
    Posts
    11,343
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laziness and/or lack of motivation.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    clipped in
    My Bikes
    Pacific hardtail (frame only right now); Weyless SP (frame/fork right now); Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0 custom build-up (fully functional)
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cal_gundert05 View Post
    I would say rudeness to a third party. Not that I'm never rude--it's just easier to notice in others and when someone I'm with is rude, I feel like I have to apologize for them, making it uncomfortable to be around them.

    --

    Ha, that's weird, I almost posted a thread asking the questions James Lipton asks on Inside the Actor's Studio:

    1. What is your favorite word?
    2. What is your least favorite word?
    3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    4. What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    5. What sound or noise do you love?
    6. What sound or noise do you hate?
    7. What is your favorite curse word?
    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    9. What profession would you not like to do?
    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Turnoff? People who think they're better/smarter than me, yet need me to answer questions for them. People who think they can terrorize me off the road.

    Now....
    1. Can't print it here, but it starts with F (see Mr. Carlin for his onstage treatise on the word).
    2. Religion
    3. Riding my bike!
    4. Family reunions
    5. The sound of my daughter's & nephew's laughter, tied with either/both of them saying, "I love you."
    6. Subwoofers in cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. See #1
    8. Architect
    9. Wal-Mart manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10. Heaven DOES exist; the "Pearly Gates" do NOT, and I would love to hear YHWH Elohim say, "Welcome home, faithful child."

  13. #13
    My name is Mike, not Cal
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAC49er View Post
    Turnoff? People who think they're better/smarter than me, yet need me to answer questions for them. People who think they can terrorize me off the road.

    Now....
    1. Can't print it here, but it starts with F (see Mr. Carlin for his onstage treatise on the word).
    2. Religion
    3. Riding my bike!
    4. Family reunions
    5. The sound of my daughter's & nephew's laughter, tied with either/both of them saying, "I love you."
    6. Subwoofers in cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7. See #1
    8. Architect
    9. Wal-Mart manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10. Heaven DOES exist; the "Pearly Gates" do NOT, and I would love to hear YHWH Elohim say, "Welcome home, faithful child."
    Didn't mean to derail the thread, unless thread-God approves.
    "I got my lips chewed off by a dingo!" --David Letterman

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have no enthusiam

  15. #15
    Tom (ex)Builder twahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez
    Posts
    2,814
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Painted toenails. I don't know what the deal is, maybe I'm just not facinated by feet and don't care to have my attention drawn to them, but I just can't stand to see a woman with bright red (or any other color) toenails. I can mildly tolerate the "French manicure" look on toenails.

    Dingbats. I hate dingbats. Many of them have painted toenails.
    Tom

    "It hurts so good..."

  16. #16
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A swift kick to the crotch.

  17. #17
    was kung-fu fighting lodi781's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    My Bikes
    '00 schwinn moab disk/06 specialized stumpy fsr expert, 06 look565
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people with a severe sense of self-entitlement.
    " The love you withhold is the pain you carry, lifetime after lifetime."

  18. #18
    eert a ekil yzarc SpiderMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Pasadena TX
    My Bikes
    many bikes
    Posts
    2,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh papercuts on the fingers.
    My wife's headaches.

  19. #19
    Immoderator KrisPistofferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    POS Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
    Posts
    7,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Low quality ricers, which around here means Honda's, which are in a sickening abundance.
    I'm not sure Honda has ever equated to "low quality." If it's not your aesthetic taste, that's a different matter. Those cars are certainly superior to most American junk on the roads nowadays. Depressing but true.

    Anyway, if you don't read books, I'm out the door. I have in my life met a couple of bizarre androids who didn't like listening to music, at all, and the same goes for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeforums
    Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.

  20. #20
    Immoderator KrisPistofferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    POS Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
    Posts
    7,636
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
    people with a severe sense of self-entitlement.
    Wal Mart is Evil so I took off my clothes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeforums
    Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    wa
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy002 View Post
    have no enthusiam
    I hate it when they just lay there.
    "harder" is not a very good safeword.

  22. #22
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,743
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanctimony

    Example: A few months ago while eating in a steak house I did not care to use the dumbo, child safety scissor-esque, restaurant knife. I used my pocket knife instead. A woman at a table across from us came over to say she had her children present and would rather I did not display my weapon at the table.

    Oh, and {insert word here**.com dating website commercials.

  23. #23
    superArti artifice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnersoter
    My Bikes
    2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone with the same name as one of my ex's.
    arrogance
    stupidity
    boorishness
    back hair

    kiddin about that 1st one, btw.

  24. #24
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    anyone with the same name as one of my ex's.
    arrogance
    stupidity
    boorishness
    back hair

    kiddin about that 1st one, btw.
    Any chance you can let the other ones slide as well?

  25. #25
    Villainous huerro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin
    My Bikes
    Trek 420, Cyclops
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cruelty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •