I know there are several threads in Foo and I have read all over the interwebz, but I have a very specific question.
I am looking at pulling the trigger on a used slr. It is between the following "kits". I know there are pros and cons to each.
I have handled them both so, I have a sense which "feels" better, but they both feel pretty good.
Anyway, I am going to make a purchase today or tomorrow, so I would love some last minute opinions.
Olympus Evolt E500 (Feb 07)
* 8-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality 16 x 22-inch prints
* 2.5-inch HyperCrystal LCD display; 5 metering modes and built-in filters, including nine filters for black-and-white photography
* Exclusive dust-free technology for spot-free photos
* Lightweight ergonomic design; kit includes one 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 and one 40-150mm f3.5-4.5 Zuiko lens
* Powered by one lithium-ion battery; stores images on CF, Micro Drive, or xD Picture Cards
* I do not have the original box
* all other accessories included
Nikon D40 (6 months old under warranty)
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF
(Lens 4 months old. That lens does have a built in AF so it works well with a D40.)
2 GB memory card
Two Nikon rechargeable batteries and charger
$375.00 ships in US paypal preferred