Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The balance of power shifted today...

    Brady is out for the 2008 season with an ACL tear...

    The Colts lost terribly to the Bears and pretty much their only hope is the return of Marvin Harrision...

    ...and...

    The Jets win with Favre leading them and finding a way to get it done.

    ...ok flame away, but I may just keep that Miami at Jets last game of the season!


  2. #2
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh.

    Football.

    *wrinkles nose and leaves*
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Falcons for a team.
    If the opposing team leaves the field, three downs later the Falcon's loose possession and are 30 yards back, two players are served warrants and one is arrested.

  4. #4
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, Siu, forgot to warn you that we bleed green this time of year...

    ...also blue n gold for the Mets!

  5. #5
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, well.

    Go niners. Rah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  6. #6
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do what with the who now?

  7. #7
    Senior Member z415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Gainesville/Tampa, FL
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000, two mtbs and working on a fixie for commuting.
    Posts
    2,347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Bucs, ha ha.
    Falling is learning...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...learn to not fall in a box.
    Any good American will watch THIS -and- WHERE WAS MY BIKE MADE?

  8. #8
    Face Like A Car Crash Boresville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesurf View Post
    ...also blue n gold for the California Golden Bears!
    Fixed.

  9. #9
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boresville View Post
    Fixed.
    Pfffft. Cal. Bruins all the way!
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  10. #10
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Bruins that matter are from Boston.

  11. #11
    T-Shirt Guy ehidle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Team Issue, 2007 Fuji SL-1
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never did like the New Jersey football teams, anyway. Why they still insist on claiming residency in New York is beyond me. It's an insult to New Yorkers everywhere.
    Yellow + Blue Jerseys!

    Get your Cranky T-Shirt!
    Men's
    and Women's designs available

  12. #12
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,332
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent.

  13. #13
    L T X B O M P F A N S R apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melrose, MA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesurf View Post
    Brady is out for the 2008 season with an ACL tear...
    ESPN (as of early Monday morning) is reporting that Brady will have an MRI today, and it's not yet known the extent of the injury. You're just making stuff up to stir the pot.

  14. #14
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain Neckbeard is BACK!

    Go Bears!

  15. #15
    Senior Member rankin116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Troylet
    Posts
    3,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apricissimus View Post
    ESPN (as of early Monday morning) is reporting that Brady will have an MRI today, and it's not yet known the extent of the injury. You're just making stuff up to stir the pot.
    True, but he is done, that was a nasty looking hit he took.

    All Jets fans seem to forget that they didn't release the whole team, just Pennington. So that means they are still the Jets. I don't understand how the addition of Favre is supposed to make them Super Bowl contenders. He had to throw a prayer yesterday just to beat the Dolphins.

    Team everyone needs to look out for is the Bills. Spanked the Seahawks yesterday, and Jason Peters will be back next week.

    Sorry gang green, this isn't the year for you.

  16. #16
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rankin116 View Post
    True, but he is done, that was a nasty looking hit he took.

    All Jets fans seem to forget that they didn't release the whole team, just Pennington. So that means they are still the Jets. I don't understand how the addition of Favre is supposed to make them Super Bowl contenders. He had to throw a prayer yesterday just to beat the Dolphins.

    Team everyone needs to look out for is the Bills. Spanked the Seahawks yesterday, and Jason Peters will be back next week.

    Sorry gang green, this isn't the year for you.
    And I never said anything about the show...yet. Miami/ Jets, NE/Jets are key rivalries for us down here, not Bills/Jets, sorry. But keep in mind we've got a new "sack exchange" with Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas and now Calvin Pace...we will make weeks 8 and 14 hell for you upstaters so ya better bring it!

  17. #17
    L T X B O M P F A N S R apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melrose, MA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rankin116 View Post
    True, but he is done, that was a nasty looking hit he took.

    All Jets fans seem to forget that they didn't release the whole team, just Pennington. So that means they are still the Jets. I don't understand how the addition of Favre is supposed to make them Super Bowl contenders. He had to throw a prayer yesterday just to beat the Dolphins.

    Team everyone needs to look out for is the Bills. Spanked the Seahawks yesterday, and Jason Peters will be back next week.

    Sorry gang green, this isn't the year for you.
    I don't think we're going to know the true extent of the injury until Brady actually does come back (whether this season or next). Belichick is definitely going to obfuscate and hide as much about the injury as he can get away with. I'm not sure what all the league rules are regarding disclosing injuries, but unless he gets put on IR, I'm guessing we're all going to be a little in the dark on this one.

  18. #18
    Senior Member ritepath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    My Bikes
    CRF150
    Posts
    204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Redskins....yeah looks like another crappy season.
    Harmony, Spirit, Way

  19. #19
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    I never did like the New Jersey football teams, anyway. Why they still insist on claiming residency in New York is beyond me. It's an insult to New Yorkers everywhere.
    Especially lifelong fans of the (so far) undefeated Buffalo Bills.

    btw - Brady is through for the year. I almost feel sorry for the guy who drafted him as the overall 1st pick in our fantasy league. almost...
    The search for inner peace continues...

  20. #20
    Senior Member rankin116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Troylet
    Posts
    3,756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesurf View Post
    And I never said anything about the show...yet. Miami/ Jets, NE/Jets are key rivalries for us down here, not Bills/Jets, sorry. But keep in mind we've got a new "sack exchange" with Shaun Ellis, Bryan Thomas and now Calvin Pace...we will make weeks 8 and 14 hell for you upstaters so ya better bring it!
    Oh it's been broughten!!

    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Especially lifelong fans of the (so far) undefeated Buffalo Bills.

    btw - Brady is through for the year. I almost feel sorry for the guy who drafted him as the overall 1st pick in our fantasy league. almost...
    Almost

  21. #21
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,425
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siu blue wind View Post
    oh.

    Football.

    *wrinkles nose and leaves*
    +1
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Work
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  22. #22
    Banned Indy_Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    On a boat
    My Bikes
    2000 Fisher Paragon, 2005 Giant OCR2, 2006 Bianchi SASS, numerous others
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering the Colts were missing over half of their starting O line and was playing against a virtual unknown at QB and running back. They didn't do to bad. I think considering this the demise of the Colts is a bit premature. Manning's first live action since the end of last year and you have no real tape of the Bears offense to study and prepare for, they didn't do to badly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •