this is copied and pasted from where i posted it in another forum, so it may sound a bit odd as i've condensed it.
so, my tub got resurfaced today. when the guy came i opened my living room windows (it's right next to my bedroom and my bathroom). i went back to my apartment around 11am and the fumes were so strong i couldn't get in the apartment without holding my breath. the were BAD! REALLY BAD. i can't stress that enough. so, i opened my bedroom window too. i went back at 4:30pm to check on it and it's still too bad to breath in the apartment. not as bad but still about 75% power. the smell is at a level around... my guestimate... 75 times worse than paint fumes. (it was 100 times worse!). i call the leasing office and they just give me the run around about it and tell me the fumes won't harm me.
is that true? i find that VERY hard to believe. now i'm worrying about the food i had out being ruined. even though most of it is in plastic bags still (the original packaging) i've had my dust masks ruined in that past even though they were in plastic bags that were fully sealed (i was trying to keep a dust mask in the locker i keep my paints and paint thinner/mineral spirits in. every time i open it it smells very strongly of chemicals).
should i worry? are the fumes dangerous?
i called my coach and i couldn't stay with him as i had no way to get there. i called the cops, they told me nothing can be done unless i get sick. so, i went in, got a bit dizzy, called them back. they came and told me they could smell it from the walk way (i'm on the third floor!), and that they couldn't do anything but tell me to call an ambulance and that's a bit much as i don't feel deathly sick and i don't have health insurance, but at least i have a witness to the smell.
what can be done about this? will this stuff have ruined any of my food?
so, now i get to sleep in the art building for the night.