As a techie, I've been starving for new gadgets lately. Due to a series of events, this is changing and a new stream of gadgets is flowing.
Gadgets adquired during the last 2 weeks:
- ATC2K helmet video cam... haven't use it much but if feels darn good to own it.
- Garming Nuvi car GPS... Being use extensively to find new routes.... I LOVE that thing.
Gadgets ordered, that should arrive in a few days:
- MyBook World Edition 1 tera-byte, external HD... connects to the lan so all computers can use it. I know it's gonna be a blast and a much needed addition to my space starving network.
- Flash card reader shaped as a 3.5 floppy drive for PC (cuz I keep loosing the usb readers).
- Some cheapo 160Gb HD to finish a computer build for wifey.
- Some cheapo ($4.35 on newegg) 2GB SD cards.... just cuz they are so frigging cheap that I had to.
- Cheapo NiMh AAA/AA battery charger.
Older gadgets that should be mentioned:
- My Konica/minolta 6megapixels camera... it's 5 years old and still works like new. Still with the original battery. It's friggin amazing. It's like mike first Tonka toy truck.
- Zen 4gb mp3 players that plays video (120x120 I think), has recharchable battery and doubles as a very handy voice recorder with a dedicated "record" button. I love that thing. It never fails.
- Lexmark E320 laser printer... this one died a week ago. But I actually picked it up from the dumpster 5 years ago. It was used and abused by a retail store, till they upgraded. I put in a new toner and have been using it all this years. I printed thousands of pages on that thing. It deserves a well earned "rest in peace".
- New printer of course. I want it laser too, for the quality and with great toner durability. Would love it if it can scan/copy/fax too. Will adore it if it comes network ready with an RJ45 port. Doesn't have to be color.
- Maybe a haupage video tunner to make a linux based DRV if I can come up with the free time for the project.
Future DIY gadgets:
I really want to get a garage door opener and take it apart, unsolder the pieces. Then make a PCB that could fit INSIDE the handlebars and reassemble it there. Mount it on handle bar with a micro button on the handlebar end plug.
PS: I don't love all gadgets on earth. I do hate cellphone and their monthly bill. I really do.