So, I'm taking things one day at a time. This out-of-state move clearly has a lot of things running through my head and now the ddition of my father's illness- considering my family's currently overwhelmed with other discussions, thought I'd get some ideas rolling in Foo. Or maybe I'm just venting... either way.
- My start date in CO is 10/22.
- I need to have movers picking up about 10 days prior.
- I'm trying to sublet my apartment (this is a whole nother topic I've not yet had time to rant, but my lease buyout is topping out around 1.5x my relocation stipend, not even including actual moving expenses)
Worst case family scenarios:That this is an extended situation for my dad, or that or I'd be leaving behind my mom to take care of my dad who may have physical or mental disabilities-- or, that I'd be leaving behind a widowed mom.
Worst case personal scenarios or options:
- For some reason I can't/won't take the CO move and will end up homeless (living in parents basement) and jobless
- Delay start date in CO (if I can), jobless and homeless a few weeks
- End up with leases in CO and MN and no job
I've decided to wait through the weekend to take any action on the above. I have a "90% sure" subleaser I'm visiting with monday.