Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Life in the Cube, Part II

    As a follow up to my, move to the cubicle thread.


    My boss decided he needed to setup a command post among us common workers, he did so in the cubicle behind me. It is bad enough that everything the cube jungle is fair game, then add the boss/owner to it. It is like having a referee at your job.

    Secondly, I'm going to have to fabricate a door or put a bear trap at the entrance of my cube to keep people from just walking in. There has to be cubicle manners or our society will fall apart.


    The lighting is horrible, desk space is way to small, not enough wall space for my diagrams, very little bookshelf space. Worst of all no whiteboard .

    I need my office back

    The one positive is that everyone gets along works very well together, even the boss.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  2. #2
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend 100KW ruby lasers at knee height. They will cauterize as they cut. You won't kill anyone but they wont come into your cube anymore either.

    From one cuby to another. I feel your pain.

  3. #3
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,191
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the laser becomes an improbable acquisition, there's always this fine selection of defensive armaments:

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  4. #4
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psydotek View Post
    If the laser becomes an improbable acquisition, there's always this fine selection of defensive armaments:

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/warfare/

    I like that website. However I'm limiting myself to fashioning my weapons out of what I can find in the supply closet. You can do a lot with paper clips
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  5. #5
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,014
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I say you recreate your office persona as that of Les Nessman.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  6. #6
    Who farted? Ka_Jun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hos13 View Post
    As a follow up to my, move to the cubicle thread.


    My boss decided he needed to setup a command post among us common workers, he did so in the cubicle behind me. It is bad enough that everything the cube jungle is fair game, then add the boss/owner to it. It is like having a referee at your job.

    Secondly, I'm going to have to fabricate a door or put a bear trap at the entrance of my cube to keep people from just walking in. There has to be cubicle manners or our society will fall apart.


    The lighting is horrible, desk space is way to small, not enough wall space for my diagrams, very little bookshelf space. Worst of all no whiteboard .

    I need my office back

    The one positive is that everyone gets along works very well together, even the boss.

    Command post? Man, I <3 micromanagement! A small joy in my life. Seriously, though. Rejoice, your carbon footprint just shrunk, just like the corresponding shrinkage of your humanity and soul. Thank you, Taylorization! Go home and watch Modern Times, read The Jungle, and then formulate your plan to overthrow the Man.

  7. #7
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    I say you recreate your office persona as that of Les Nessman.
    I must admit, I did have to look it up. Funny thing is already treat the women in our office like he does, I'm a natural.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  8. #8
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the Queen of my cube farm.

    A photo of my hive:



    My office weapon of choice is a Screaming Flying Monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
    Does the ignore feature just replace all of the poster's text with "Said something stupid" because that would be awesome.
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  9. #9
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    I am the Queen of my cube farm.

    A photo of my hive:



    My office weapon of choice is a Screaming Flying Monkey.
    Reminds me of this place
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  10. #10
    Who farted? Ka_Jun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised no one has riffed on this yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •