OK, I'm living in a big arse house on a classy neighborhood and yeah, it's nice but... How good it is to live on the big fancy house if after paying the rent you can't have a life?
After weeks of house hunting (mostly due to wife being so f'king picky) we finally found a house we both like....
- No garage (I have a 2 car garage here).
- 2 extra miles on my commute (like 10 more minutes).
- Not a fancy neighborhood.
- House doesn't look classy.
- Single story (having 2 floors was kinda cool)
- Slightly smaller rooms (but still same amount, 4 rooms)
- Only one bath (I have 2 here).
- 300 bucks less on my rent.
- 175 estimated bucks less on the energy bill.
- Closer to a kick arse trail (I don't like road ALL the time).
- Really close (walking distance) to a nice neighborhood park to take the children.
- Bigger back yard, fenced, with a swing set/slide and a shed for the garden power tools.
- Closer to my son's school (rideable).
- Dedicated laundry room, pretty big.
- Recently renovated kitchen (cabinets and all appliances are brand new).
- No HOA!
- Smaller front yard (easier to maintain).
I'm looking forward to have some extra money every month and be able to take the children out on trips and stuff... and yeah, give the wife some more money so she doesn't whine as much. I will even be able to increase the cycling budget.
I think is a good compromise. What do you guys think?