I've given myself three options thus far.
1. Stay in the Phoenix metro area
- I'd be close to family.
- Year round good cycling.
- All the friends I've made thus far are 15-20 years older than myself. I don't have a solid group of core friends that I hang out with.
2. Move to Hawaii
- Amazingly beautiful and simple lifestyle.
- Year round riding weather although probably a tad more windy.
- I have no family or friends in Hawaii. Although, one of my good college buddies said he'd move with me if I gave him some heads up.
- Cost of living is very high.
- I'd probably get island fever eventually.
Move to Boston:
- I'd be moving in with one of the coolest people I know right in the middle of downtown Harvard, BU, and BC. There'd always be something to do or experience.
- I'd be close enough to my old high school and college friends that we could see each other once in a while.
- The weather sucks for riding. I can stand humidity, but riding in 10 degree below zero weather might be a pain in the butt, especially if they don't clear the roads very well..
- I'd be away from my family.
- Cost of living would probably be expensive, but maybe not as much as Hawaii.
I'm starting a new career whatever decision I make. I'm considering becoming a spin instructor if the money is enough to live off of. Or perhaps find a job at a live music venue. Or a job at a bike shop. Or a bartending job. Something that gets me out from behind a computer and puts me in a position to be active and interacting with other people.
What do you suggest I do?