Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Sick day, bleh

  1. #1
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sick day, bleh

    So yeah, I'm sick. With a bad cold. Gawd, I hate having slimy little snivelers of little siblings who pass on every germ they get from the other slimy sniveler kids in school to me. Bleh.

    I hate taking sick days because you know you are missing SO much but if you go to class/work you won't get anything productive done anyway, and you'll just be making your illness worse. Oh, the dilemma, especially because it's the last meeting before the midterms on Monday for two classes of mine and I will be missing important information that I might have needed. UGH.

    Oh well. Might as well use this time to study some more for the midterms. Later. When my sinuses stop hurting.

    /whine
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  2. #2
    Crushing souls Hickeydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look on the bright side: you're strengthening your immune system. And drink green tea. lots and lots of tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

    What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.

  3. #3
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickeydog View Post
    Look on the bright side: you're strengthening your immune system. And drink green tea. lots and lots of tea.
    Yep, I've been guzzling tea, lemonade, and night-time airborne since last night.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  4. #4
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you are going to be sick and not doing work at least try to get rest and enjoy it.
    Just stressing doesn't make you better faster. Watch tv, play video games, read a book.

  5. #5
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick days mean more time for me to play computer games.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  6. #6
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,105
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont stay stuck in the house, sit outside, or open the windows, dont want to stay trapped inside with all those little nastys
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  7. #7
    Senior Member MrCrassic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)
    Posts
    3,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    So yeah, I'm sick. With a bad cold. Gawd, I hate having slimy little snivelers of little siblings who pass on every germ they get from the other slimy sniveler kids in school to me. Bleh.

    I hate taking sick days because you know you are missing SO much but if you go to class/work you won't get anything productive done anyway, and you'll just be making your illness worse. Oh, the dilemma, especially because it's the last meeting before the midterms on Monday for two classes of mine and I will be missing important information that I might have needed. UGH.

    Oh well. Might as well use this time to study some more for the midterms. Later. When my sinuses stop hurting.

    /whine
    Feel better!
    Ride more.

    Code:
    $ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
     $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces

  8. #8
    Member rkpol7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Back in Santa Monica
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    Dont stay stuck in the house, sit outside, or open the windows, dont want to stay trapped inside with all those little nastys
    +1 Fresh air works wonders. Unless there are a lot of allergens where you live. In that case, I'd rent movies.

  9. #9
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiju-velo View Post
    As long as you are going to be sick and not doing work at least try to get rest and enjoy it.
    Just stressing doesn't make you better faster. Watch tv, play video games, read a book.
    I'm on Foo! That means I'm not stressing, right?

    Seriously, it's hard for me not to stress, but I shall try. Might go out to buy green tights for my halloween costume later if I'm feeling better.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  10. #10
    Senior Member peiffer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    My Bikes
    2007 Giant TCR A1
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Zicam, it works! All airborne is, is vitamins and tea.

  11. #11
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peiffer83 View Post
    Use Zicam, it works! All airborne is, is vitamins and tea.
    But you put it up your nose....

    I have not tried this, but maybe the next time I feel a cold coming on, I will.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  12. #12
    Your imaginary friend. fuzzbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wandering aimlessly.
    My Bikes
    A sweet Quamen ATL custom, GT Mach 2
    Posts
    2,209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate when you're sick and you go to only find out you didn't need to because they didn't do anything productive. Or when you don't go and they did something important.

    Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

  13. #13
    SERENITY NOW!!! jyossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the 212
    My Bikes
    Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce
    Posts
    8,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chicken soup or matzoh ball soup makes all colds better.
    HHCMF - Take pride in your ability to amaze lesser mortals! - MikeR



    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

  14. #14
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh....I'm getting the dread sore throat. Doubtless due to stifling airplane cabin air filled with kiddies coughing and barfing all the way from Disneyland to home.

    I tried a few beers - no curative effects....guess I'll try tea and honey next ... sick day might be next
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  15. #15
    But on the road more MTBLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe '07
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    But you put it up your nose....

    I have not tried this, but maybe the next time I feel a cold coming on, I will.
    You can get Zicam in quick-dissolving tablets now. Ask me how I know . Join the club Neko- this is worst cold I've had for a long time, in spite of the Zicam (which I admittedly skimped on a few doses- hard to remember to take it every three hours...) Feel better= you too, pgoat!

  16. #16
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  17. #17
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbox View Post
    I hate when you're sick and you go to only find out you didn't need to because they didn't do anything productive. Or when you don't go and they did something important.
    Yes, exactly!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pgoat View Post
    Ugh....I'm getting the dread sore throat. Doubtless due to stifling airplane cabin air filled with kiddies coughing and barfing all the way from Disneyland to home.

    I tried a few beers - no curative effects....guess I'll try tea and honey next ... sick day might be next
    Yeah, kids are some of the worst germ-spreaders around. I hated it when teh bf taught elementary school kids last year because we got super sick every time something went around with the kids.

    Quote Originally Posted by MTBLover View Post
    You can get Zicam in quick-dissolving tablets now. Ask me how I know . Join the club Neko- this is worst cold I've had for a long time, in spite of the Zicam (which I admittedly skimped on a few doses- hard to remember to take it every three hours...) Feel better= you too, pgoat!
    Well, I got the oral spray when I went out for my walk earlier today (sooo glad the CVS is a block away from my place). Tastes a bit metallic but it feels good. Thanks, and hope you all feel better too!
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  18. #18
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I was in Special Ed. for 10 yrs - I was sick the first two years straight, perpetual sore throats, fevers, sinusitis, you name it...it was like boot camp for my immune system.

    That throat spray sounds good....I've got some major pain goin' on
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  19. #19
    T-Shirt Guy ehidle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Team Issue, 2007 Fuji SL-1
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy sick days. I've already had three people call in sick this morning. I wonder why.... (no, I don't haha)

    MTBLover: What the HECK are you doing posting to FOO at 11:38PM on the night the Phillies win the World Series?
    Yellow + Blue Jerseys!

    Get your Cranky T-Shirt!
    Men's
    and Women's designs available

  20. #20
    But on the road more MTBLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe '07
    Posts
    863
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    MTBLover: What the HECK are you doing posting to FOO at 11:38PM on the night the Phillies win the World Series?
    I was waiting for the Nyquil to kick in- no way was I gonna take that stuff until the game was over and I got a chance to see the overhead cam shot of Frankford and Cottman, which is always fun whenever any Philly team wins anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •