Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Stanton Barrett art gallery

    Stanton Barrett (Stuntman, NASCAR owner and driver, and now IRL Driver) has opened art gallery in NYC. His photos look good to me but I don't know much about photography. So tell me, is his stuff good or not. He also has some other artist featured in his gallery, Meredith Ostroms art looks pretty good too me.


    Art Gallery
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  2. #2
    kila kila kila
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hos13 View Post
    His photos look good to me
    Then who cares what any of these nubs think?

  3. #3
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kila kila kila View Post
    Then who cares what any of these nubs think?

    I agree. But I don't know how judge skill.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  4. #4
    superArti artifice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnersoter
    My Bikes
    2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're interesting, but I didn't see anything I'd hang on my wall at home. I'm curious how much of it might be photoshop work.
    i woke up one morning and i stepped out of bed | had to get a bike, had to paint it red
    Of all the treasures I have, itís the memories that are the most precious.

  5. #5
    austropithicus
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hos13 View Post
    Stanton Barrett (Stuntman, NASCAR owner and driver, and now IRL Driver) has opened art gallery in NYC. His photos look good to me but I don't know much about photography. So tell me, is his stuff good or not. He also has some other artist featured in his gallery, Meredith Ostroms art looks pretty good too me.


    Art Gallery
    The Stanton Barrett photos were lame. Uninteresting, boring subject matter, light, colors and contrast. I guess if you've got money you can get your work displayed.

    FWIW, photographers are just borderline artists. Check out timmyquest's work if you want to see some nice photography.

  6. #6
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,334
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austropithicus View Post
    The Stanton Barrett photos were lame. Uninteresting, boring subject matter, light, colors and contrast. I guess if you've got money you can get your work displayed.

    FWIW, photographers are just borderline artists. Check out timmyquest's work if you want to see some nice photography.
    sweeping statements ftw.


    to the OP - the work on the site is bog standard. on top of that, the web design is crap and out of date.

  7. #7
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    sweeping statements ftw.


    to the OP - the work on the site is bog standard. on top of that, the web design is crap and out of date.
    haha, I had to look that up. I guess as someone posted above if you have the money you can have a gallery


    thanks
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  8. #8
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,334
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hos13 View Post
    haha, I had to look that up. I guess as someone posted above if you have the money you can have a gallery


    thanks
    many of the good ones don't. at least when they start out.

  9. #9
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artifice View Post
    I think they're interesting, but I didn't see anything I'd hang on my wall at home. I'm curious how much of it might be photoshop work.
    Note to self: Cancel Stanton Barrett art collect for artifice's Christmas gift
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  10. #10
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    many of the good ones don't. at least when they start out.
    Don't laugh at this, but Marilyn Manson had a gallery when he sold his water color paintings. I really like water color painting and thought some of them looked good. But I don't really have a point of reference for what is good art or bad (I may have just admitted I have bad taste). Ok, you can laugh

    This was my personal favorite
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  11. #11
    Gotta Catch em all! lanfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    My Bikes
    2008 Giant Rincon
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures were ok...
    There was nothing really special about any of them. Just some photography with a high resolution.
    Did you just kick my tire?! I hope you didn't just kick my tire!

    Bass naming contest winner: -=£em in Pa=-

  12. #12
    Senior Member garysol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avon , Ohio
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coincidently....I was Stanton's photographer for a few seasons when he drove the Odoban Busch car for Roush.

  13. #13
    Senior Member hos13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    552 LATA
    My Bikes
    2007 Mercier Sperns (I'm a shill) and a 99 Diamondback Invert
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post
    Coincidently....I was Stanton's photographer for a few seasons when he drove the Odoban Busch car for Roush.
    Oh man, I bet that was an awesome job. I bet you have some great photos.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up" jimmyv

  14. #14
    Senior Member garysol1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Avon , Ohio
    Posts
    9,844
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hos13 View Post
    Oh man, I bet that was an awesome job. I bet you have some great photos.
    After a while it becomes a JOB like any other. Not a good career choice for a family guy with growing kids. After our second child came along I threw in the towel.....

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad but not gallery material, dont thing they woud fly in a gallery that wasnt his own. They are good in a decorative sense but not much on the true art side

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •