Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-08, 09:46 PM   #1
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
Thread Starter
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ow, ouch, $#@%~@#R%%^T!!@!

I got this thing called the stick. It is used much like a roller pin for some massage ltherapy. I usually get shin and IT band issues when I run but I have kept it in control with a foam roller. Although it has been great, foam rollers are tough to target the shin with.

This thing is easy work with but holy **** batman, my calves hurt like crazy!. I did as recommended, the 10-20 passes but I had to bite my lip to get through a couple of points in the shin. Both the soleus and the gastrocnemius hurt but more around what seem like tendons. I hope this gets better as time progresses.
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:48 PM   #2
Neurodoc
Action Potential
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PNW
Bikes: Specialized Ruby S-works 2008, Specialized Safire FSR Expert 2008
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love that calf pain. I think it feels good.
Neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:49 PM   #3
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
Thread Starter
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurodoc View Post
I love that calf pain. I think it feels good.
It actually kinda felt good when I did it too. I was afraid to overdo and damage things.
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:51 PM   #4
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fifty bucks for a dowel? You dun got had!
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:52 PM   #5
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyone View Post
This thing is easy work with but holy **** batman, my calves hurt like crazy!. I did as recommended, the 10-20 passes but I had to bite my lip to get through a couple of points in the shin. Both the soleus and the gastrocnemius hurt but more around what seem like tendons. I hope this gets better as time progresses.
Batman is in the Dear Airwick thread. Perhaps he will help you with your calves.

My calves are pretty toughened up from all of my racewalking so they rarely bother me, but when they do I use the foam roller.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 09:58 PM   #6
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
Thread Starter
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
Batman is in the Dear Airwick thread. Perhaps he will help you with your calves.

My calves are pretty toughened up from all of my racewalking so they rarely bother me, but when they do I use the foam roller.
As my scottish friend says, I have skinny wee legs. She still wants to see me in a kilt though. Crazy woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Fifty bucks for a dowel? You dun got had!
He who pays retail, fails!
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:12 PM   #7
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
when you see a **** load of things, do you shake your stick at them?
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:16 PM   #8
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
Thread Starter
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
when you see a **** load of things, do you shake your stick at them?
why not?
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:18 PM   #9
CbadRider
Administrator
 
CbadRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the bridge with Picard
Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
Posts: 5,962
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyone View Post
As my scottish friend says, I have skinny wee legs. She still wants to see me in a kilt though. Crazy woman.
Alright, you've done it now. Go find yourself a kilt and post some pics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerum 525 View Post
Now get on your cheap bike and give me a double century. You walking can of Crisco!!

Forum Guidelines *click here*
CbadRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:19 PM   #10
skinnyone
Dude wheres my guads?
Thread Starter
 
skinnyone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Guess
Bikes: Not enough
Posts: 2,680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
Alright, you've done it now. Go find yourself a kilt and post some pics.
Just think about a skinny indian guy in a kilt.. Seriously I would gouge my own eyes if I saw myself in the mirror.
skinnyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:25 PM   #11
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
when you see a **** load of things, do you shake your stick at them?
I think he did that even before he bought the upmarket dowel.
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-08, 10:26 PM   #12
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyone View Post
Just think about a skinny indian guy in a kilt.. Seriously I would gouge my own eyes if I saw myself in the mirror.
Oh yeah? Imagine a skinny white dude in a k-- oh, wait, they invented kilts.
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:28 AM.