Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: Mind fart.

  1. #1
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mind fart.

    I bought my niece a nice jacket for $50. I really like this jacket and wished that I could have gotten myself one just like it, but they only had one in our size. If she doesn't like this jacket, I am thinking about buying it off of her - therefore, her gift would be $50 cash (in exchange for the jacket).

    All is good, but somehow I'd end up with a $50 jacket that I paid $100 for, $50 to her and $50 to the store. How am I being the one getting ripped off? And by whom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  2. #2
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    sell her the jacket for 50 to cover her gift card
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  3. #3
    Crushing souls Hickeydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are getting ripped off by yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

    What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.

  4. #4
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about Jsharr? I would be buying the jacket off of her if she doesn't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  5. #5
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind farts are waaaaay more dangerous than your average brain fart.

    Ok, i'm going to go read the first post now.

    Edit: Meh, don't buy it back unless it's a really really cool jacket that you'll never ever ever ever find anywhere else.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  6. #6
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not getting ripped off. You are giving her $50 and also buying a $50 jacket for yourself.

    What is she getting you? Tell her you want a $50 jacket and you come out even.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  7. #7
    RustyTainte substructure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    28012
    My Bikes
    zilch
    Posts
    12,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poot.

  8. #8
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    What are you talking about Jsharr? I would be buying the jacket off of her if she doesn't like it.
    hey, don't ruin my logic with math or over examination, mkay.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  9. #9
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I got it figured it out. But now I want to see if YOU guys can figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  10. #10
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psydotek View Post
    Mind farts are waaaaay more dangerous than your average brain fart.

    Ok, i'm going to go read the first post now.

    Edit: Meh, don't buy it back unless it's a really really cool jacket that you'll never ever ever ever find anywhere else.
    But it was on sale, For 30% off with a coupon for credit card holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  11. #11
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    You are not getting ripped off. You are giving her $50 and also buying a $50 jacket for yourself.

    What is she getting you? Tell her you want a $50 jacket and you come out even.
    You figured it out, Cbad. Yep!! But for a second there I thought I was paying $100 for a $50 jacket.

    And she's my niece. She doesn't have to get me anything but good grades in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  12. #12
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Okay I got it figured it out. But now I want to see if YOU guys can figure it out.
    Siu, I really hope you are kidding about just figuring this out. I mean I am simpleton, hence my selling the jacket to her to pay for the gift card.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  13. #13
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siu...I am offering to be your personal accountant. I promise, I'll let you keep the jacket.

  14. #14
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah? Well lets see you mind fart your way out of this one...

    There are 3 guys, they are going to stay in a hotel, and the night is $30, so they each give $10, they go up to there room, but the manager sees that there is a special of $25 a night, so he takes $5 and gives it to the bellboy, the bellboy atomaticly takes $2 as tip and gives the other $3 to the guys, so each guy gets one dollar back, so is like saying that instead of giving $10 they each give $9, now $9+$9+$9 its $27 and the $2 that the bellboy took is $29 were is the other dollar.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  15. #15
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I used the other $1 to buy you a spell checker.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  16. #16
    Senior Member skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CO Springs, CO
    My Bikes
    08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic
    Posts
    1,033
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not getting ripped off. You'd be buying yourself a jacket for $50 and still giving her a $50 gift (cash, in this case). If there were two, you'd have bought them both and paid the $100....
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    2010 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  17. #17
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    I used the other $1 to buy you a spell checker.
    Well chet...

    (it's a copie paiste from another forum)

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  18. #18
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psydotek View Post
    oh yeah? Well lets see you mind fart your way out of this one...

    There are 3 guys, they are going to stay in a hotel, and the night is $30, so they each give $10, they go up to there room, but the manager sees that there is a special of $25 a night, so he takes $5 and gives it to the bellboy, the bellboy atomaticly takes $2 as tip and gives the other $3 to the guys, so each guy gets one dollar back, so is like saying that instead of giving $10 they each give $9, now $9+$9+$9 its $27 and the $2 that the bellboy took is $29 were is the other dollar.
    25+3 = $28.

  19. #19
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by psydotek View Post
    oh yeah? Well lets see you mind fart your way out of this one...

    There are 3 guys, they are going to stay in a hotel, and the night is $30, so they each give $10, they go up to there room, but the manager sees that there is a special of $25 a night, so he takes $5 and gives it to the bellboy, the bellboy atomaticly takes $2 as tip and gives the other $3 to the guys, so each guy gets one dollar back, so is like saying that instead of giving $10 they each give $9, now $9+$9+$9 its $27 and the $2 that the bellboy took is $29 were is the other dollar.
    25/3 = 8.333

    2/3 = .66666

    8.333 + .6666 = 9

    9 + 1 = 10
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  20. #20
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    25+3 = $28.
    Hay! Take your l33t accounting skillz elsewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  21. #21
    GATC
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    south Puget Sound
    Posts
    6,607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the store had had 2 coats in that size, you'd've spent $100 on them but wound up keeping only the one for yourself. In the case that she doesn't like it, you will spend $100 and wind up with only the one for yourself. Same same.

  22. #22
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,474
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psydotek View Post
    Oh yeah? Well lets see you mind fart your way out of this one...

    There are 3 guys, they are going to stay in a hotel, and the night is $30, so they each give $10, they go up to there room, but the manager sees that there is a special of $25 a night, so he takes $5 and gives it to the bellboy, the bellboy atomaticly takes $2 as tip and gives the other $3 to the guys, so each guy gets one dollar back, so is like saying that instead of giving $10 they each give $9, now $9+$9+$9 its $27 and the $2 that the bellboy took is $29 were is the other dollar.
    So in essence the $25 room was split by the three guys - one paid 9, two paid 8. In reality it's 10,9,9. There's the other dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  23. #23
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let her list it on ebay. you immediately use "buy it now" for $50 to win the jacket. after all the fees she'll only get about $38. You just saved a bundle!


    wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  24. #24
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    So in essence the $25 room was split by the three guys - one paid 9, two paid 8. In reality it's 10,9,9. There's the other dollar.
    In reality, they all paid $9.3333333333

  25. #25
    Squirrelly Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now I have a headache....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yet more proof that I'm.. well, pretty much right about everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •