Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hey Mac users!

  1. #1
    Banned. The Weak Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Post-partisan Paradise
    My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Posts
    4,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hey Mac users!

    For the past two years I've been linking up my Garmin 305 with MotionBased and have had no complaints BUT I got a new Imac for Xmas, and a lovely machine it is, too. The only problem I've had at all with the machine is with MotionBased. I had bought a two year subscription to Motionbased two years ago, so I'm thinking this would be a great time to make the change to a Mac-friendly stat keeper. I'm not sentimental about the old stats; hey, I'm in it for the exercise, not the numbers.

    I've also been impressed by SKT's graphics.

    So, as it's been a year according to the cearch function that this has been discussed, what think ye these days?

  2. #2
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,464
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think since this can be applied to others as well who also may be able to help you, I'll moved it to Foo with a redirect so the 50+ers can still reply as also.

    Siu
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  3. #3
    Senior Member gpelpel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, CA
    My Bikes
    Time VXRS, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    Posts
    2,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check that one, I don't think you will find better.

    Ascent from Montebello Software. Great program and superb support.

    ww.montebellosoftware.com/index.html

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Scott Road, Jamis, Tricross,
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpelpel View Post
    Check that one, I don't think you will find better.

    Ascent from Montebello Software. Great program and superb support.

    ww.montebellosoftware.com/index.html
    +1 for Ascent, great program, gives MotionBased the beatdown daily.
    You go where you look

  5. #5
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    For the past two years I've been linking up my Garmin 305 with MotionBased and have had no complaints BUT I got a new Imac for Xmas, and a lovely machine it is, too. The only problem I've had at all with the machine is with MotionBased. I had bought a two year subscription to Motionbased two years ago, so I'm thinking this would be a great time to make the change to a Mac-friendly stat keeper. I'm not sentimental about the old stats; hey, I'm in it for the exercise, not the numbers.

    I've also been impressed by SKT's graphics.

    So, as it's been a year according to the cearch function that this has been discussed, what think ye these days?
    Well... golly.
    I'd be remiss, though, in not pointing that my graphics are a product of Ascent.
    So, yes... +1 for Ascent on the Mac.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  6. #6
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just received (thanks Santa!) a 305 edge and I've got the demo Ascent software on my MacBook. Looks good so far and I'll keep testing it with a view to buying a full version.

    Does anyone know how to add maps or aerial/sat photos to the view of your course?

  7. #7
    Banned. The Weak Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Post-partisan Paradise
    My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Posts
    4,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It comes with the Ascent program, at least the version I downloaded off the INTERNET.

  8. #8
    Senior Member JonnyHK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hong Kong
    My Bikes
    Baum Romano, Colossi xCr, Lynskey Crosstown
    Posts
    1,924
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    It comes with the Ascent program, at least the version I downloaded off the INTERNET.
    I think I can see why I don't get the images in Ascent - I live outside of the US, so the USGS maps don't work for me. However I did just find the "Open in Google Earth" function. Perfect!

  9. #9
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to Ascent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •