Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Lost

  1. #1
    Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lost

    So..what's the most lost you've ever been?
    How long did it take you to find your way back to where ever you were supposed to be?
    1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold

  2. #2
    runnin' down a dream edbikebabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    My Bikes
    Turner Flux, Orbea Onix Dama.
    Posts
    2,751
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm lost right now. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

  3. #3
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    619
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of hours... 50 miles off course.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Riverview, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 4900
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 15 and picking tobacco in Connecticut, They would take us to different places on Sundays. One time at an amusement park, time slipped away from my friend and I and we missed the camp bus back to camp in Simsbury.

    We had no idea where we were as we were all from Florida. We just started walking but had no clue which way to go. Of course we never paid attention to HOW we got to amusement park at all. But after walking for hours we found a cop sitting in his car. I forget which city we were in but they took us to the police station and one of the camp counselors had to drive where ever we were and pick us up. This was summertime in Connecticut so it did not get dark till very late. I remember it was only an hour or so sleep for us before we were awakened by the Monday morning bell at 4:30 just in time to go to work in the fields again.

    No way that would fly these days. Two 15 year olds missing the bus back to camp. Now a days the bus would not leave until all were accounted for. Back then (1968 or so) it was punishment for missing your bus.

  5. #5
    AEO
    AEO is offline
    Senior Member AEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A Coffin Called Earth. or Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    Bianchi, Miyata, Dahon, Rossin
    Posts
    12,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let's see... first ever century... old map, routes that are on the map, but not there, routes not on the map, but there, wrong turns, etc. etc.

    it still ended up at around 100miles, but the ski country land was a killer, not to mention I didn't know where the F I was going. I only knew, to keep following the damn road.
    Food for thought: if you aren't dead by 2050, you and your entire family will be within a few years from starvation. Now that is a cruel gift to leave for your offspring. ;)
    http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/arti...ger-photos.htm

  6. #6
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    So..what's the most lost you've ever been?
    How long did it take you to find your way back to where ever you were supposed to be?
    When I was 17 and driving in another state on vacation I came out of a museum and ended up the wrong way in an interstate. I went nearly 150 miles before I realized I was going the wrong direction.

    It REALLY pissed me off too, because I'm usually pretty good with my sense of direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  7. #7
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,117
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have never been lost.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  8. #8
    Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sadly I got lost back in '85. I apparently took a wrong turn and just kept going.
    1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold

  9. #9
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    sadly I got lost back in '85. I apparently took a wrong turn and just kept going.
    It must be that Hungry Heart of yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  10. #10
    Grumpy Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona Spain. It was getting dark, and I was trying to find the highway back toward France, and the map was a little too vague.

    Lost for a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    Transcendental enumeration.

  11. #11
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trsidn View Post
    Barcelona Spain. It was getting dark, and I was trying to find the highway back toward France, and the map was a little too vague.

    Lost for a couple of hours.
    Forgot about my trip to England. Got a rental car from Heathrow and asked how far to my hotel. They said it was about a 20 minute drive. I drove around for about 4+ hours before finding the hotel. I stopped for directions at least 7 or 8 times. London/UK is a crazy place to try to find your way around. Roundabouts would get me turned around constantly and you can't just travel east or travel north because every road winds in every direction almost constantly. NO roads are straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  12. #12
    Kicked out of the Webelos bluebottle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day two of the bar exam.
    ______________________________________________

    Kicked out of the Webelos.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Allegheny Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Medina, OH
    My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Posts
    5,708
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While in college I went with a friend to his home town to do a little partying with his HS buddies. I got pretty drunk, OK really drunk. The next thing I know is that I'm really hurting and I'm stuck to the floor and have no idea where I'm at. After about 10 minutes of taking assessments, I discovered my hair (everyone had long hair in the 70's) was attached to the floor by some sticky substance. I had a really big hangover and headache and getting my hair unstuck was hard. Once I got off the floor I looked around and I was at a sink in a bedroom that I had never been in before. I also found my pants open and belt undone. I looked in the mirror and to my horror there was dried blood all over my forehead and hair. I surmised that I went to the sink to take care of bussiness and fell and hit my head on the sink causing the cut on my forehead. After cleaning myself up and the floor, I left the bedroom to see where I was. I was in a upstairs appartment and no else was home. All I knew was that I thought I was in North Tonawanda NY.

    I made it to a dinner and called my buddy's home. It seems that I was too drunk to get into Canada so the guys left me at one of their brother's appartment.

  14. #14
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    While in college I went with a friend to his home town to do a little partying with his HS buddies. I got pretty drunk, OK really drunk. The next thing I know is that I'm really hurting and I'm stuck to the floor and have no idea where I'm at. After about 10 minutes of taking assessments, I discovered my hair (everyone had long hair in the 70's) was attached to the floor by some sticky substance. I had a really big hangover and headache and getting my hair unstuck was hard. Once I got off the floor I looked around and I was at a sink in a bedroom that I had never been in before. I also found my pants open and belt undone. I looked in the mirror and to my horror there was dried blood all over my forehead and hair. I surmised that I went to the sink to take care of bussiness and fell and hit my head on the sink causing the cut on my forehead. After cleaning myself up and the floor, I left the bedroom to see where I was. I was in a upstairs appartment and no else was home. All I knew was that I thought I was in North Tonawanda NY.

    I made it to a dinner and called my buddy's home. It seems that I was too drunk to get into Canada so the guys left me at one of their brother's appartment.

    OK....Now THAT'S A FUNNY STORY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to find direction after receiving an art degree.
    About two--two and half years.

    Oh. Wait.


    Driving in Rome for the first time looking for where I was staying. Stayed lost all damned day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •