Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 301 of 312 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 7785
  1. #7501
    No matches Flatballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    two wheeled ones
    Posts
    10,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a date today. It was meh. Girl I met on match.com. E-mailed some, talked on the phone, then went out today. Couple hours at a science center place that's fun, then an hour at dinner. Just didn't feel it. She was nice, but just no chemistry.

    At dinner we just kinda ran out of things to talk about. I'm a pretty good conversationalist, but she wasn't giving me any help at all. Without much to talk about, and not much sexual attraction (she's a bit overweight, not much, but not much of a body really), there isn't a whole lot there.

  2. #7502
    BF Risk Manager
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snohomish County, Washington USA
    My Bikes
    Road, mountain and folding
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of fish in the sea, dood.
    Regards, MillCreek
    Snohomish County, Washington USA

  3. #7503
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdswitters View Post
    maximum possible gas saving at 4.00 a gallon is 20 dollars a month, short commute. But last Thursday when I stopped in there was one other bike in the rack. Last night there were 6. As the weather gets warmer my odds are getting better.
    No one will care if you stretch the truth a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  4. #7504
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
    Had a date today. It was meh. Girl I met on match.com. E-mailed some, talked on the phone, then went out today. Couple hours at a science center place that's fun, then an hour at dinner. Just didn't feel it. She was nice, but just no chemistry.

    At dinner we just kinda ran out of things to talk about. I'm a pretty good conversationalist, but she wasn't giving me any help at all. Without much to talk about, and not much sexual attraction (she's a bit overweight, not much, but not much of a body really), there isn't a whole lot there.

    As far as I'm concerned, internet dating is hell on earth. It just doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  5. #7505
    Single-serving poster electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MillCreek View Post
    Plenty of fish in the sea, dood.
    Another awful dating site ~

  6. #7506
    Senior Member Shimagnolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Zang's Spur, CO
    Posts
    6,454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, internet dating is hell on earth. It just doesn't work for me.
    So what type of prey are you seeking?

  7. #7507
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimagnolo View Post
    So what type of prey are you seeking?
    Guys who ride bikes and don't mind if I head out for 6-7 hour rides on Sundays.

    And they have to like bleu cheese and spicy Mexican food.

    And put the damn toilet seat down so I don't fall in at 2 am.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  8. #7508
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,409
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey losers... another Friday night with no date.

  9. #7509
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,409
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Guys who ride bikes and don't mind if I head out for 6-7 hour rides on Sundays.

    And they have to like bleu cheese and spicy Mexican food.

    And put the damn toilet seat down so I don't fall in at 2 am.
    I thought you had found someone who fit this bill... hoping there was no toilet seat incident.

  10. #7510
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,840
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    I thought you had found someone who fit this bill... hoping there was no toilet seat incident.
    Alas, it was not to be.

    Toilet seats were not involved, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  11. #7511
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,409
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Alas, it was not to be.

    Toilet seats were not involved, though.

  12. #7512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a d8 with myself. hmph

  13. #7513
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    8,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So people doing these online sites, what is your impression of them? Is it just sent tons of emails and few reply, or do other people actually email you first?
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  14. #7514
    No matches Flatballer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    two wheeled ones
    Posts
    10,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the girls I've talked to it appears to be a significantly different experience between the sexes (at least on match.com).

    Personally, I send tons of e-mails, get a few replies. Rarely (if ever) does a girl e-mail me first. I usually know they're interested because they come around my profile a couple times.

    For the girls (women) it's apparently the opposite. They get more e-mails than they can handle, and apparently mostly from creeps who want to see their ta tas. Which means that my real e-mails get lost in the shuffle, which is annoying.

  15. #7515
    Cool Beans MangoPumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
    For the girls (women) it's apparently the opposite. They get more e-mails than they can handle, and apparently mostly from creeps who want to see their ta tas. Which means that my real e-mails get lost in the shuffle, which is annoying.
    Correct

  16. #7516
    Senior Member Shimagnolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Zang's Spur, CO
    Posts
    6,454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Guys who ride bikes and don't mind if I head out for 6-7 hour rides on Sundays.

    And they have to like bleu cheese and spicy Mexican food.

    And put the damn toilet seat down so I don't fall in at 2 am.
    Sounds like an easy set of requirements.
    One thing I have never understood is why women will sit down on
    something w/o first looking at what they are about to sit on.
    Men don't do that, (unless they are inebriated).

  17. #7517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't dated in years, but I decided I'd try to get out there this year, now that I feel like I'm ready to make time for it. I've been trying the online thing, but it's rough. There are a lot more guys on there than girls and competition to even get a response is tough. I'm thinking of just randomly walking up to a girl in a supermarket and asking her out to sushi. I'd probably have better luck.

  18. #7518
    Cool Beans MangoPumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaleigh View Post
    I haven't dated in years, but I decided I'd try to get out there this year, now that I feel like I'm ready to make time for it. I've been trying the online thing, but it's rough. There are a lot more guys on there than girls and competition to even get a response is tough. I'm thinking of just randomly walking up to a girl in a supermarket and asking her out to sushi. I'd probably have better luck.
    I would have to agree
    I've got your restraining order right here. [grabs crotch] Restrain this!

  19. #7519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoPumpkin View Post
    I would have to agree
    The idea first struck me at the farmer's market the other day when I saw this absolutely stunning girl, who looked like Aishwarya Rai, walking around in sweats with no make-up. But since the idea was new, I hesitated. Still kicking myself for that missed opportunity.

  20. #7520
    Cool Beans MangoPumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent
    Posts
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaleigh View Post
    But since the idea was new, I hesitated. Still kicking myself for that missed opportunity.
    Yep that's where a lot of people go wrong. I've done it too but the older I got, the more I realized..the worst outcome is they say no and that's not so bad.
    I've got your restraining order right here. [grabs crotch] Restrain this!

  21. #7521
    Single-serving poster electrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimagnolo View Post
    Sounds like an easy set of requirements.
    One thing I have never understood is why women will sit down on
    something w/o first looking at what they are about to sit on.
    Men don't do that, (unless they are inebriated).
    Sounds like their own problem to me... can't carpet the world you know.

  22. #7522
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    Guys who ride bikes and don't mind if I head out for 6-7 hour rides on Sundays.

    And they have to like bleu cheese and spicy Mexican food.

    And put the damn toilet seat down so I don't fall in at 2 am.
    Dang, 6-7 hour rides....... that's pretty hard core
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  23. #7523
    Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In The Wind
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Posts
    25,851
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaleigh View Post
    The idea first struck me at the farmer's market the other day when I saw this absolutely stunning girl, who looked like Aishwarya Rai, walking around in sweats with no make-up. But since the idea was new, I hesitated. Still kicking myself for that missed opportunity.
    You are hooked now......
    Nice that you joined.
    You may never leave.
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

    Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

  24. #7524
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UmneyDurak View Post
    So people doing these online sites, what is your impression of them? Is it just sent tons of emails and few reply, or do other people actually email you first?
    It's like the real world.

    Attractive girls will not do anything. They wait for the guys to hit on them, just like they wait for the guys to come over and dance with them, just like they wait for the guy to come over and hit on them, just like they wait on the guy to come over and buy them a drink, just like they wait on the guy to come over and ask them out.

    Guys have to do all of the footwork an d the gus are supposedly are filled with just about as high of a ratio loser as they are in the real world.

    Generally the only women who will take the initiative and msg guys initially are the same people in real life with the only exception being that it's harder to get caught for prostitution so you will often times have a higher ratio of spam bots/call girls.

    I think that people that think that online dating doesn't work any more than what most people do in the real world, hitting on coworkers at work, hitting on strangers at a bar or club is because people simply forget to correlate it to real world things.
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  25. #7525
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
    Posts
    880
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
    From the girls I've talked to it appears to be a significantly different experience between the sexes (at least on match.com).

    Personally, I send tons of e-mails, get a few replies. Rarely (if ever) does a girl e-mail me first. I usually know they're interested because they come around my profile a couple times.

    For the girls (women) it's apparently the opposite. They get more e-mails than they can handle, and apparently mostly from creeps who want to see their ta tas. Which means that my real e-mails get lost in the shuffle, which is annoying.
    Don't those sites have spam/pron filters to minimize those types of emails? Or are the d-bags sending them just savvy enough to get their losergrams through?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •