Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My First Ebook Project - One Week Raw

    Well, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But its finally done!

    If any of you folks are interested, here is where you can download it for free.

    http://oneweekraw.com/

  2. #2
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiyah View Post
    Well, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But its finally done!

    If any of you folks are interested, here is where you can download it for free.

    http://oneweekraw.com/
    Is there any money to be made from e-publishing, or is this just practice/ a labor of love?
    The search for inner peace continues...

  3. #3
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,114
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nicely Done Heather!
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  4. #4
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Is there any money to be made from e-publishing, or is this just practice/ a labor of love?
    I've got some Amazon affiliate links on there, but mostly it is promotion for future endeavors. Some people make a go at selling their ebooks, but I'm going to offer all of mine for free.

  5. #5
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    Nicely Done Heather!
    Thanks jsharr! I had a lot of help from Joe. I couldn't have put it together without him.

  6. #6
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read the intro. Is that true? If so, major congratulations!


    Wow. That looks awesome. I'm stoked to try some of this.

  7. #7
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
    I just read the intro. Is that true? If so, major congratulations!


    Wow. That looks awesome. I'm stoked to try some of this.
    Yes, it is indeed true. That was a whole different person, a whole different life. I've been trying to find some decent before and after pics.

    Thanks, UA! I hope you find the ebook helpful.

  8. #8
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good - the pictures add a lot to the overall appeal (and I mean pictures of the prepared food, just in case you might have the wrong idea). I might try it - except I already know I have trouble bringing myself to eat gazpacho. Would it be ok to repeat something from earlier in the week for that?

    One other question - do you know of anyone who's done endurance training while on this diet? I'm wondering what adjustments might be appropriate.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  9. #9
    Senior Member ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of that stuff looks pretty dang good!
    1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold

  10. #10
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautifully done, very inspiring (I too was a bit surprised by the back story, but then shouldn't have been - we all go through changes, don't we?), and I am sure it will be very helpful to many of us.

    I think we all reach a point in our lives where we need to make some breaks from bad habits and heal ourselves. It's not always successful, of course, but inspiration like this is key to getting the ball rolling, and for providing much needed advice and reference.

    Thank you for doing this, and for sharing it so generously.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  11. #11
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Looks good - the pictures add a lot to the overall appeal (and I mean pictures of the prepared food, just in case you might have the wrong idea). I might try it - except I already know I have trouble bringing myself to eat gazpacho. Would it be ok to repeat something from earlier in the week for that?

    One other question - do you know of anyone who's done endurance training while on this diet? I'm wondering what adjustments might be appropriate.
    You certainly can use recipes from wherever in the ebook that you like. This is meant to be a guide only. People can use it however they please.

    I don't know of anyone personally, but I have read of people hiking the Great Divide completely raw. There is no way I could have eaten raw while on our bike trip. For one, it was just not possible. I would have had to make my life so much more complicated in order to get the foods I needed. But more power to the folks who can pull it off.

  12. #12
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    some of that stuff looks pretty dang good!
    It tastes pretty good too!

  13. #13
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgoat View Post
    Beautifully done, very inspiring (I too was a bit surprised by the back story, but then shouldn't have been - we all go through changes, don't we?), and I am sure it will be very helpful to many of us.

    I think we all reach a point in our lives where we need to make some breaks from bad habits and heal ourselves. It's not always successful, of course, but inspiration like this is key to getting the ball rolling, and for providing much needed advice and reference.

    Thank you for doing this, and for sharing it so generously.
    Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we all certainly do go through changes. Keeping in shape and staying healthy is one of my highest priorities in lifelong goals. Sometimes its hard to believe how drastically one's life can change. I'm trying to break some bad habits right now, that probably don't seem to bad to some folks, but still, I always want to be striving to be a better person.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Caspar_s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burlington, ON
    My Bikes
    Giant Tcx1
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. Some of the recipes look incredible. Might have to wait a bit more until spring. Might be a bit expensive to get some of that lot during winter here :-)

    PM sent.

  15. #15
    superArti artifice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnersoter
    My Bikes
    2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
    Posts
    1,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great book! I'm very excited to put it to use.
    i woke up one morning and i stepped out of bed | had to get a bike, had to paint it red
    Of all the treasures I have, it’s the memories that are the most precious.

  16. #16
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heather, this is indeed a very good book and very generous of you to share it with us like this. Those recipes are very appetizing and your opening to the book is very inspiring. Thank you so much. I'm probably going to print it out later for future reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  17. #17
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspar_s View Post
    Looks good. Some of the recipes look incredible. Might have to wait a bit more until spring. Might be a bit expensive to get some of that lot during winter here :-)

    PM sent.
    Thanks Casper! I was a bit lucky on my shopping trip today. I purchased some cheap food at the Asian market and then I had a lot of the more expensive items already at home. Thanks for the feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by artifice
    great book! I'm very excited to put it to use.
    Thanks Arti! Let me know how it works out for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    Heather, this is indeed a very good book and very generous of you to share it with us like this. Those recipes are very appetizing and your opening to the book is very inspiring. Thank you so much. I'm probably going to print it out later for future reference.
    Awe, thanks for your sweet words, Siu! I hope you enjoy the recipes. I'm sure the ebook is better now that I fixed all those typos I missed last night.

  18. #18
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
    I just read the intro. Is that true? If so, major congratulations!
    Hey, I didn't know that either.

    (:rawbeer:?) to ya, lady!

  19. #19
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    Hey, I didn't know that either.

    (:rawbeer:?) to ya, lady!
    It seems like a lifetime ago. Thank you. The change I experienced was amazing.

  20. #20
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiyah View Post
    I always want to be striving to be a better person.
    you're off to a pretty good start
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  21. #21
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgoat View Post
    you're off to a pretty good start
    Awwww...

  22. #22
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow -- I had no idea, Shadiyah. That is so awesome. Congratulations a thousand times over! A lot of this stuff is next to impossible for me to find, and I'm wary of pesticides on a lot of produce here ("organic" can often just be a word they slap on the label), but I'd love to try some of these... and a few look like things my sister would absolutely love. Thanks for sharing this!

  23. #23
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcb View Post
    Wow -- I had no idea, Shadiyah. That is so awesome. Congratulations a thousand times over! A lot of this stuff is next to impossible for me to find, and I'm wary of pesticides on a lot of produce here ("organic" can often just be a word they slap on the label), but I'd love to try some of these... and a few look like things my sister would absolutely love. Thanks for sharing this!
    Yeah, pesticides can be scary. I hope there's something in there that you can make, and definitely pass it on to your sis!

  24. #24
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcb View Post
    Wow -- I had no idea, Shadiyah. That is so awesome. Congratulations a thousand times over! A lot of this stuff is next to impossible for me to find, and I'm wary of pesticides on a lot of produce here ("organic" can often just be a word they slap on the label), but I'd love to try some of these... and a few look like things my sister would absolutely love. Thanks for sharing this!
    Right on! The more the word on living better is spread around, the better it gets.

    20 years ago I remember not being able to find what little healthy food was commercially available without a lot of legwork. Today I am finding there is more variety, more choices, with better taste and it's readily available in more places.

    I dunno if everyone is finding this all over the world but every little battle won is a step towards winning the war. I find it really encouraging over the long haul. Same with bike lanes and other provisions for cyclists that were unheard of ten or twenty years ago.

    Change can come slowly but with patience and effort it will come.

    Thanks again Shadiyah. This is good stuff and important stuff, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  25. #25
    My name is Mike, not Cal
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited because I sounded like a d!ck
    Last edited by cal_gundert05; 02-03-09 at 04:15 AM.
    "I got my lips chewed off by a dingo!" --David Letterman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •