Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Motorcycles RULE (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/535639-motorcycles-rule.html)

USAZorro 04-28-09 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8817113)
I only need one Cervelo. That doesn't squeak.

I said nothing about "needing". :D

patentcad 04-28-09 09:41 PM

I don't want another bicycle.

UnsafeAlpine 04-28-09 09:43 PM

motorcycles are dangerous.

Gurgus 04-28-09 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8818865)
Many a truth is said in jest. One man's cliche is another man's revelation.

Are you following this?

Nope, too dumb, I guess.

USAZorro 04-28-09 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8818942)
I don't want another bicycle.

Wow. You need help more desperately than I realized. :innocent:

I do understand though (not the wanting a motorcycle - the not wanting another bike). After you get about 15 of them (not all mine btw) spread between the basement and the shed, it can drive most folks to say "enough is enough".

msincredible 04-28-09 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8812830)
Here's what I care about: after two hours on any motorcycle your ass is sore

After all the hours spent on bicycles, my motorcycle seat feels like a la-z-boy. ;)

(And I typically commute 75-100 miles a day on it, a mix of twisties, freeway, and city streets. Rain or shine.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModoVincere (Post 8816054)
nah...those bugs are just supplemental protein. :innocent:

That's what full-face helmets with visors are for.

huhenio 04-29-09 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8812910)
That would have sucked for motorcycling. Not a problem. I have electric gloves.

Tourmaster?

huhenio 04-29-09 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine (Post 8818954)
motorcycles are dangerous.


So women are too.

If they would not have the capacity of hurting me, riding them would be rather boring.

UnsafeAlpine 04-29-09 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huhenio (Post 8819545)
So women are too.

If they would not have the capacity of hurting me, riding them would be rather boring.

+73 :D

If it ain't dangerous, it's boring. :p

x136 04-29-09 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine (Post 8818954)
motorcycles are dangerous.

Dangerously awesome.

patentcad 04-29-09 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurgus (Post 8819065)
Nope, too dumb, I guess.

This is BF. You can never be too dumb.

Gurgus 04-29-09 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8819849)
This is BF. You can never be too dumb.

You know, I really hate the internet and texting for the simple fact that it is difficult to percieve inflection. I can't tell if you are being wonderfully condesending or just making pithy statements.

Something tells me however, that it is the former and not the later.

But what the hell do I know. I ride a $1000.00 motorcycle and don't have no fancy coloured stars beside my name. I must be doing something wrong.

patentcad 04-29-09 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurgus (Post 8819913)
I can't tell if you are being wonderfully condesending or just making pithy statements.

I'm not sure what's so condescending about the simple observation that there is a staggering amount of unbridled stupidity on BF. I do my best to contribute, and what better way than another springtime motorcycle thread in Foo? I can't wait to get the new Bridgestones on my bike. Then I can really carve it up.

msincredible 04-29-09 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8812910)
That would have sucked for motorcycling. Not a problem. I have electric gloves.

I've got an electric jacket liner (Gerbings) and heated grips, but I wasn't able to find electric gloves small enough for my hands. :( The grips are good but my fingers still freeze.

patentcad 04-29-09 06:58 AM

I'll never forget the first time I rode my ST with temps below 45F. I had these alleged 'winter' m/c gloves on. I learned a couple of things:

• Motorcycle specific gloves tend to be really lame, unless they are electric. I do have the Gerbing gloves, they work fine, but too many wires.

• Now I use my ski gloves, the same ones I cycle with in temps down to 10F. They actually work.

• If you ride in temps below 45F, you deserve what you friggin get.

I'm good down to about high 40's, below that it gets harder. But I suppose if you want to ride, you'll ride, just like me and my bicycle. Just watch that black ice. I've dumped my 17 lb racing bike on it. I wouldn't want to put the 700 lb ST down. That would suck.

msincredible 04-29-09 07:18 AM

I now live in the twisties in NorCal, in the wintertime it gets down to about 30F up in the hills. I take it really careful when it's icy out.

Temps easily vary by 30 degrees in the microclimates around here. My cyclocomputer shows the outside temp, would be nice if the moto did as well, makes it easier to predict ice rather than discovering it as you go over it. :innocent:

I'm sure the ski gloves are great for warmth; how are they for protection? I probably would have an easier time finding ski gloves that fit.

-=(8)=- 04-29-09 07:33 AM

I rode year 'round in PA, and a little in Vermont and I found at low temps,
20's etc, the biggest problem was carb icing. Now all bikes are Fi, but back
in the old daze up to about '04, your bike would run dangerously bad.
For cold weather carbies, always remember your tin foil :thumb:

msincredible 04-29-09 07:36 AM

Yup, my previous bike had carbs, but the FI certainly makes things easier. :)

-=(8)=- 04-29-09 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msincredible (Post 8820360)
I now live in the twisties in NorCal, in the wintertime it gets down to about 30F up in the hills. I take it really careful when it's icy out.

Temps easily vary by 30 degrees in the microclimates around here. My cyclocomputer shows the outside temp, would be nice if the moto did as well, makes it easier to predict ice rather than discovering it as you go over it. :innocent:

I'm sure the ski gloves are great for warmth; how are they for protection? I probably would have an easier time finding ski gloves that fit.


I always layered, heavy he-man, ruff tuff Harley dood leather gauntlet followed
by various layers of smaller glovage. One thing that really helped were latex
surgical gloves under all the layers. Just air your paws out at each coffee stop :)

UnsafeAlpine 04-29-09 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patentcad (Post 8820247)
I'll never forget the first time I rode my ST with temps below 45F. I had these alleged 'winter' m/c gloves on. I learned a couple of things:

Motorcycle specific gloves tend to be really lame, unless they are electric. I do have the Gerbing gloves, they work fine, but too many wires.

Now I use my ski gloves, the same ones I cycle with in temps down to 10F. They actually work.

If you ride in temps below 45F, you deserve what you friggin get.

I'm good down to about high 40's, below that it gets harder. But I suppose if you want to ride, you'll ride, just like me and my bicycle. Just watch that black ice. I've dumped my 17 lb racing bike on it. I wouldn't want to put the 700 lb ST down. That would suck.

I rode for about an hour and a half in temps of 45 and below. Once the sun set, I was pretty freakin' miserable.

ModoVincere 04-29-09 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msincredible (Post 8819294)
After all the hours spent on bicycles, my motorcycle seat feels like a la-z-boy. ;)

(And I typically commute 75-100 miles a day on it, a mix of twisties, freeway, and city streets. Rain or shine.)



That's what full-face helmets with visors are for.

hey...everyone needs protein. :lol:

MillCreek 04-29-09 09:22 AM

I have had good luck with ski gloves as well. But both my maxi-scooter and the Suzuki dual-sport have handguards, so that cuts the wind chill a lot.

wristwister 04-29-09 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huhenio (Post 8819545)
If they would not have the capacity of hurting me, riding them would be rather boring.

You talking about women or motorcycles here? Doesn't matter, your words apply to both.

I alternate between riding by bicycle and motorcycle to work ('zuki Bandit 1250). I confuse the heck out of my coworkers with the array of different riding gear I show up with.

crtreedude 04-29-09 09:30 AM

Patentcad, you are a wuss, I have no problem at all riding year round in without all that fancy heated gloves, etc.

Sheesh, you need to harden up.

UmneyDurak 04-29-09 03:51 PM

I am planning on bringing mine up to BayArea for the summer, and leave my car here. :thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.