Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-09, 08:31 AM   #1
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Frustrated with work

Foosters,
Just so you know, your beloved Couch has been in the hospital since Sunday night with a MRSA infection in his right forearm. I'm doing fine however I'm very frustrated right now with work. I've been trying to VPN in with my Verizon Wireless card since 8:00 this morning with no luck. The ISP won't allow me to pass through port 443 to VPN in and they claim it's on my end...pfft!. I've been calling my work's helpdesk to get help with no avail. And get this, our major ERP system that I'm responsible for is down. No one at work is answering my calls and I'm frustrated as hell. Is it sad that I care about work so much that I'm trying to dial in with AN IV and Vancomycin running through my veins?

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:34 AM   #2
Holly
Person of Interest
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: on top of the world
Bikes: depends on the day
Posts: 553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, forget about friggin work Couch. Take care of you and get better soon.
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:36 AM   #3
coasting 
Still can't climb
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Limey in Taiwan
Bikes:
Posts: 22,645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no one will thank you
coasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:52 AM   #4
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc
Posts: 11,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can't help you with the VPN issues, but I wish you the best in getting over the MRSA. My fiancee is recovering at home from a 2 round series of vanco coupled with a 10 day keflex and bactrim treatment for cellulitis. Vanco is gnarly stuff. Feel better soon.


Ask your doc if their reference lab used a MRSA Select(tm) kit for the diagnosis. My company makes those.
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:10 AM   #5
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


How did you get this infection?
__________________
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:14 AM   #6
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
Can't help you with the VPN issues, but I wish you the best in getting over the MRSA. My fiancee is recovering at home from a 2 round series of vanco coupled with a 10 day keflex and bactrim treatment for cellulitis. Vanco is gnarly stuff. Feel better soon.


Ask your doc if their reference lab used a MRSA Select(tm) kit for the diagnosis. My company makes those.
Vanco seems to be working. They origianlly tried some Sulfa ant-biotics before I came to the hospital. I broke out and had a temp of 101. Pretty freaky stuff.

I've finally got in contact with work about the system being down and found out someone leaked what is happening to me. Several people have contacted HR in regards to allowing me to come back to work. It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be. Oh well.

Thank you all for the kind words. Couch will be fine...he just wants to get his ERP system back up and running is all.

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:19 AM   #7
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tude View Post

How did you get this infection?
It statred from a mosquito bite on a fresh tattoo. Since I've been in an out of hospitals taking care of my father I'm not surprised. I'm not 100% sure I have MRSA yet, the results haven't come back. However, they are treating me as if I have it. Pretty nasty stuff, but the wound is looking much nicer. I should have a nice scar as a result. Chicks dig scars, just say'in!

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:27 AM   #8
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got confirmed from the Doctor, Couch has MRSA folks!

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:38 AM   #9
SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard
 
SingingSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez, couch. Get better soon!
__________________
Shameless plug (my sites):
Work
Photography
Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.
SingingSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:41 AM   #10
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG still with the mosquito bite????

Wow!

__________________
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:45 AM   #11
CliftonGK1
Senior Member
 
CliftonGK1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc
Posts: 11,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
Just got confirmed from the Doctor, Couch has MRSA folks!

Couch
Did you find out what diagnostic kit they used?
__________________
"I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
- Mandi M.
CliftonGK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:45 AM   #12
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
Geez, couch. Get better soon!
Thanks yo! I'm just very happy I have many nice HAWT nurses taking care of me. They have been very professional and caring. However, now that I'm a diseased freak, I'm afraid to ask them out on a date.

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 09:49 AM   #13
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
Did you find out what diagnostic kit they used?
No, I will though. However, I had a test done last saturday at a local urgent care and just got off the phone with them and they said my MRSA was suseptable to Vanco and that it will take care of it.

Now, It' time to ask the doctors to write a note stating I should work remotely from home until this is totally cleared up. Even though some of my co-workers are freaking out, I want them to feel comfortable when I come back into work. I'm hoping it scabs over by Friday.

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 10:12 AM   #14
artifice
superArti
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnersoter
Bikes: 2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
glad to hear you're doing better.
im curious to know- hows the tattoo? hope it didn't mess up the new ink too much.
__________________
i woke up one morning and i stepped out of bed | had to get a bike, had to paint it red
Of all the treasures I have, itís the memories that are the most precious.
artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:40 AM   #15
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
glad to hear you're doing better.
im curious to know- hows the tattoo? hope it didn't mess up the new ink too much.
The tattoo is a it messed up, but it can be fixed in the next few months. I'm going to hold off until I feel comfortable with fixing it. However, it looks like I won't be finishing my sleeve anytime soon. I need to be very careful about this.

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:42 AM   #16
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also found out, I won't be able to ride for the next few weeks. I can't be out in the sun do to the anti-biotics they are going to put me on. Looks like I'm riding the stationary bike during the summer. Now I'm even more bumbed out!!!!!


Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 12:02 PM   #17
SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard
 
SingingSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
Thanks yo! I'm just very happy I have many nice HAWT nurses taking care of me. They have been very professional and caring. However, now that I'm a diseased freak, I'm afraid to ask them out on a date.

Couch
Maybe one of them is into diseased freaks... See if any of them like horror and gore movies, then proceed.
__________________
Shameless plug (my sites):
Work
Photography
Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.
SingingSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:11 PM   #18
MrCrassic 
Senior Member
 
MrCrassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
Foosters,
Just so you know, your beloved Couch has been in the hospital since Sunday night with a MRSA infection in his right forearm. I'm doing fine however I'm very frustrated right now with work. I've been trying to VPN in with my Verizon Wireless card since 8:00 this morning with no luck. The ISP won't allow me to pass through port 443 to VPN in and they claim it's on my end...pfft!. I've been calling my work's helpdesk to get help with no avail. And get this, our major ERP system that I'm responsible for is down. No one at work is answering my calls and I'm frustrated as hell. Is it sad that I care about work so much that I'm trying to dial in with AN IV and Vancomycin running through my veins?

Couch
Depends. But do get better first.
__________________
Ride more.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces
MrCrassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 01:13 PM   #19
MrCrassic 
Senior Member
 
MrCrassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
Vanco seems to be working. They origianlly tried some Sulfa ant-biotics before I came to the hospital. I broke out and had a temp of 101. Pretty freaky stuff.

I've finally got in contact with work about the system being down and found out someone leaked what is happening to me. Several people have contacted HR in regards to allowing me to come back to work. It amazes me how inconsiderate people can be. Oh well.

Thank you all for the kind words. Couch will be fine...he just wants to get his ERP system back up and running is all.

Couch
As in allowing you to come into work while you're sick as hell, or as in attempting to give you the boot?

Either way, that's really messed up. It's even more messed up that you're the sole point of contact for a system that's deemed to be so critical. No critical system should have a single point-of-contact should something go wrong, but I'm a perpetual intern so I don't know anything.
__________________
Ride more.

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces
MrCrassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 04:09 PM   #20
root11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Bikes: Trek 2300, Cannondale ??, Univega Hyrid
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
work can't get along without you?? sounds like a good time to ask for a raise....
root11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 04:30 PM   #21
artifice
superArti
 
artifice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnersoter
Bikes: 2007 Fuji Professional 2.0, 2009 GTw Avalanche 2.0
Posts: 1,056
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrassic View Post
As in allowing you to come into work while you're sick as hell, or as in attempting to give you the boot?

Either way, that's really messed up. It's even more messed up that you're the sole point of contact for a system that's deemed to be so critical. No critical system should have a single point-of-contact should something go wrong, but I'm a perpetual intern so I don't know anything.
Industry term is "Bus Plan"
what would they do if that single point of contact got hit by a bus?!
__________________
i woke up one morning and i stepped out of bed | had to get a bike, had to paint it red
Of all the treasures I have, itís the memories that are the most precious.
artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 04:39 PM   #22
crackerjab
WTF is that smell?
 
crackerjab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dude, that sucks. Hope you get better soon. Being in a hospital gown, however, is a good opportunity to show off your package to the hawt nurses.
__________________
Your turtle skirt is exposing your FUPA.
crackerjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:09 PM   #23
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjab View Post
Dude, that sucks. Hope you get better soon. Being in a hospital gown, however, is a good opportunity to show off your package to the hawt nurses.
Now that just opened up a bag of worms! I've been told my package is cute, tiny weeny and shaped like an elevator button

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:15 PM   #24
couch_incident
What is a jsharr?
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Bikes: Kona Dew
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrassic View Post
It's even more messed up that you're the sole point of contact for a system that's deemed to be so critical. No critical system should have a single point-of-contact should something go wrong, but I'm a perpetual intern so I don't know anything.
My position is a highly technical position that requires years of experience. While we do have backups for the system, they are highly undependable even though many attempts have been made to train them. If we were to obtain a highly skilled backup, it would cost 100k + a year. I'm not attempting to brag here, it's just the way it is.

Couch
couch_incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 05:16 PM   #25
crackerjab
WTF is that smell?
 
crackerjab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
Now that just opened up a bag of worms! I've been told my package is cute, tiny weeny and shaped like an elevator button

Couch
I meant show your penis, not your chocolate starfish.
__________________
Your turtle skirt is exposing your FUPA.
crackerjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 AM.