* Elephant trunks hold up to 1 1/2 gallons of liquid.
* Penguins can jump 6 feet high.
* Ostriches measure up to nine feet from head to feet, and weigh as much as 350 pounds.
* A baby kangaroo is only on inch long.
* A dragonfly, the fastest flying insect, can move up to 35 mph.
* An African ostrich egg weighs about 30 pounds.
* Tarantula spiders can live for over two years without eating.
* A gorilla will stick its tongue out when angry.
* The elephant is the only animal that has 4 knees.
* The black bulldog ant of Australia can kill a person.
* The giant squid has the largest eyes than any other creature.
* The greyhound has the best eyesight of all breeds of dogs.
* The heaviest dog on record was a St. Bernard that weighed 310 pounds.
The Albatross has the largest wing span of any bird at over 11 feet (3.05 M).
The Giant Salamander is the world's largest amphibian measuring up to 5 feet 11 inches (1.8 M) long.
The American Woodcock is the world's slowest flying bird.
The Ruppel's Vulture is the highest flying bird with altitudes recorded at 37,000 feet (11,277 M).
The Killer Whale is the fastest swimming mammal with a maximum speed of 34 mph (55 Km/h).
Dolphins always keep one eye open while sleeping.
The Giant Spidercrab is the world's largest crustacean with a claw span of 9 feet (2.74 M).
Orangutan means "man of the forest."
The Cuckoo places its eggs in the nests of other birds, leaving them to be hatched and the young to be raised by the new parents.
The Coelacanth is a fish thought to be extinct 60 million years ago until one was found alive in 1939.
Guinea Pigs were domesticated by the Incas for food.
The Rhinoceros Beetle can support 850 times its own weight.