Great Diamond Island
- During low tide, Great Diamond and Little Diamond Island are connected by a land bridge.
- The island was known as 'Great Hog Island' during colonial times.
- Great Diamond Island is the only island in Casco Bay with two different ferry docks.
- Two of Maine's most endangered historic buildings are located on the island, both from the former fort: One is a 200-man barracks facility and the other is the former hospital.
- The recreation center in Diamond Cove contains a Duckpin bowling alley, the only Duckpin bowling in the state of Maine