Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: "Meh" days

  1. #1
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "Meh" days

    I mentioned in ILB's thread that I sometimes have "meh" days, where I don't wanna do anything unless I'm absolutely *forced* to do so. Like, dragged-kicking-and-screaming forced. For me, it's like a little mental health holiday from everything. I usually just want to be alone with a computer/book/musical instrument/tub of ice cream/dark chocolate with no one to bother me. "Meh" time is also "me" time.

    I'm guessing that this is because I'm an introvert who, by circumstance, just HAS to spend most of her time around people. I take public transportation, I'm in college, I work at a lab dealing with hoomans, I start tutoring work again during the fall, I perform at or watch concerts--people everywhere. It's absolutely draining for me to be in contact with too many people all the frickin time, so sometimes, I have to get in touch with my inner hermit and just tell the world to STFU and go away.

    Does anyone else here get "meh" days too? If so, how do you deal with them?
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  2. #2
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    I mentioned in ILB's thread that I sometimes have "meh" days, where I don't wanna do anything unless I'm absolutely *forced* to do so. Like, dragged-kicking-and-screaming forced. For me, it's like a little mental health holiday from everything. I usually just want to be alone with a computer/book/musical instrument/tub of ice cream/dark chocolate with no one to bother me. "Meh" time is also "me" time.

    I'm guessing that this is because I'm an introvert who, by circumstance, just HAS to spend most of her time around people. I take public transportation, I'm in college, I work at a lab dealing with hoomans, I start tutoring work again during the fall, I perform at or watch concerts--people everywhere. It's absolutely draining for me to be in contact with too many people all the frickin time, so sometimes, I have to get in touch with my inner hermit and just tell the world to STFU and go away.

    Does anyone else here get "meh" days too? If so, how do you deal with them?
    I just chill. If I can't just chill I usually eat my body weight in junk food while doing whatever I have to do
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  3. #3
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,082
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I passed a restaurant called the Mehfil Cafe tonight. I thought of foo and smiled a knowing smile.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  4. #4
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, the feeding. Yes, I can relate. I eat dark chocolate when I can't chill. But dark chocolate isn't junk food. It just isn't!!!
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  5. #5
    Rawwrrrrrrrrr! wolfpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgoat View Post
    I just chill. If I can't just chill I usually eat my body weight in junk food while doing whatever I have to do
    cheezie's help with that don't they??
    wolfpackcycles
    skiffrun: Enjoy the ride. Ride for the enjoyment.

  6. #6
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post

    Does anyone else here get "meh" days too? If so, how do you deal with them?
    If I get one of those on a weekend, I go for a 4-5 hour bike ride by myself. I can just zone out and get away from everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  7. #7
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,082
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If I wasn't so meh, I would go get me a bag of cheetos right about now.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  8. #8
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    Does anyone else here get "meh" days too? If so, how do you deal with them?
    I call them pajama days. As in bugger all, I'm wearing pajamas all day.

  9. #9
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    cheezie's help with that don't they??
    cheezies help with everything
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  10. #10
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switch bikes and ride slow.
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  11. #11
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    If I get one of those on a weekend, I go for a 4-5 hour bike ride by myself. I can just zone out and get away from everything.
    What about on weekdays?

    Right now I'm lucky that in uni they don't care if we go to class or not--it's my money that I'm wasting for not going anyway. Plus I don't get "meh" on job days because even though it's an interacting with people job, I love it.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  12. #12
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh days were usually cured by my best friend Genki. But since he went to heaven, I found that forcing myself to go ride usually helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  13. #13
    Rawwrrrrrrrrr! wolfpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgoat View Post
    cheezies help with everything
    those special Foosters do realize Christmas is fast approaching..........
    wolfpackcycles
    skiffrun: Enjoy the ride. Ride for the enjoyment.

  14. #14
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Meh days were usually cured by my best friend Genki. But since he went to heaven, I found that forcing myself to go ride usually helps.
    I find that teh kitteh makes meh days worse! He gives me a look that says "oh, we're sleeping in today?" and then plops and cuddles. He's such a bad influence.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  15. #15
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,098
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get "meh" days and I'm a guy! I ride my bike when I get them. as you know my wife gets them too.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  16. #16
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    I find that teh kitteh makes meh days worse! He gives me a look that says "oh, we're sleeping in today?" and then plops and cuddles. He's such a bad influence.

    I'm going to admit something here. Last night was the first time that the new kitteh came to sleep in Genki's spot on my neck without me forcing him to lay there.........and he purred and purred and purred. I cuddled my face into him and fell asleep. Like I did with Genki. For the first time in a long time I fell asleep immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  17. #17
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get those a lot too. I think it's a reaction to just being overwhelmed by the big to-do list that is modern life. That, or borderline depression.

    I must say though, that the company of the "right person" could change everything in about 30-40 minutes.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  18. #18
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww, Siu that's so sweet.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  19. #19
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having a "meh" day...then my friend sent me a txt telling me to get to the pool just to swim...no need to break any personal records or anything. Ended up doing 2,500 yards in 70 mins. That's a PR.

    Of course, it's not hard to set PRs when you've just been swimming for a month and a half after 16 years off...
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  20. #20
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    I call them pajama days. As in bugger all, I'm wearing pajamas all day.
    I did that a few weekends ago. Stayed in pajamas the whole day Saturday, watching the last season of the Sopranos online. It was highly therapeutic.

  21. #21
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    those special Foosters do realize Christmas is fast approaching..........
    uh oh
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  22. #22
    SERENITY NOW!!! jyossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the 212
    My Bikes
    Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce
    Posts
    8,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    Ahh, the feeding. Yes, I can relate. I eat dark chocolate when I can't chill. But dark chocolate isn't junk food. It just isn't!!!
    HD dark chocolate ice cream isn't junk food either, right? Cuz I ate like half a pint yesterday after a ride.
    HHCMF - Take pride in your ability to amaze lesser mortals! - MikeR



    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

  23. #23
    Person of Interest
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    on top of the world
    My Bikes
    depends on the day
    Posts
    517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get "meh" days too. Usually a skate or a bike ride solves that but when it doesn't then I listen to happy, energetic music.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure
    that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with azzholes. -- William Gibson

  24. #24
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    What about on weekdays?

    Right now I'm lucky that in uni they don't care if we go to class or not--it's my money that I'm wasting for not going anyway. Plus I don't get "meh" on job days because even though it's an interacting with people job, I love it.
    If it happens on a day when I can't go for a ride, I usually spend the day reading a book or looking through cooking magazines. I love to cook and the magazines usually have some new recipe that looks interesting and I'll want to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  25. #25
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,240
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "solves"? it's not a problem to hate people. people suck. i hate everyone.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •