Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46
  1. #1
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Did you name your bike?

    I named my bike before I slapped down the cash for her...

    She is red..red is a little sassy...so I picked a sassy name...Sasha..kind of sounds like a *****y cheerleader name

    Am I alone in this? Am I more of a freak than I thought I was?
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 09-09-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: fixed spelling

  2. #2
    I... Don't care. nekohime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    Posts
    1,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you're a freak. Super freak. You're super freaky.






    My mixte's name is Charlotte, my Brompton's name is Vendetta, and my Kent folder's name is Freddie, btw.
    Wanna join my charity folding bike ride? Sign-up here!
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way :p

  3. #3
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    10,420
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    Yeah, you're a freak. Super freak. You're super freaky.
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  4. #4
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nekohime View Post
    Yeah, you're a freak. Super freak. You're super freaky.






    My mixte's name is Charlotte, my Brompton's name is Vendetta, and my Kent folder's name is Freddie, btw.
    now that song is in my head...

  5. #5
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,084
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Trek named my bike. They called it 1200.

    Falcon of England named my other bike Europa.
    Last edited by jsharr; 09-09-09 at 08:50 AM.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  6. #6
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I got my Touring bike, I named my old Comfort bike "John Deere".
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  7. #7
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ModoVincere. It was named by Univega.

  8. #8
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    I named my bike before I slapped down the cash for her...

    She is red..red is a little sassy...so I picked a sassy name...Sasha..kind of sounds like a *****y cheerleader name

    Am I alone in this? Am I more of a freak than I thought I was?
    Hey Freak, I respectfully disagree with one aspect of what you said above.

    You said you named her before you got to know her? Shame. You need to spend some time with her, see how she moves, responds, likes you, etc.

    Mary, our Trek 520, has been in the family for over five years now.

    Best wishes to Sasha in her new home.
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 09-09-09 at 12:23 PM. Reason: fixed spelling in quote

  9. #9
    What is a jsharr?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    My Bikes
    Kona Dew
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

    I'm rich *****!

    Couch
    This thread needs more Chipcom!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Scott Road, Jamis, Tricross,
    Posts
    218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jenna (Tricross) always helps get me up the hills in the morning. Love to mount her! I also have a backpack named Simba but he never listens to me. Up Simba Up! Yet he never gets off the ground by himself. Geez, do I gotta do everything for you on a camping trip? He's lazy, makes me carry him everywhere.
    You go where you look

  11. #11
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick View Post
    Hey Freak, I respectfully disagree with one aspect of what you said above.

    You said you named her before you got to know her? Shame. You need to spend some time with her, see how she moves, responds, likes you, etc.

    Mary, our Trek 520, has been in the family for over five years now.

    Best wishes to Sasha in her new home.
    thanks...I had ridden her at the shop though ..but I didn't buy her that day..and honestly..the name just came to me..I couldn't stop thinking about her...I know..I'm a dork..and obviously a freak too

  12. #12
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,505
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    my road bikes are grace and joyce
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  13. #13
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcummings1 View Post
    Jenna (Tricross) always helps get me up the hills in the morning. Love to mount her! I also have a backpack named Simba but he never listens to me. Up Simba Up! Yet he never gets off the ground by himself. Geez, do I gotta do everything for you on a camping trip? He's lazy, makes me carry him everywhere.

  14. #14
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    thanks...I had ridden her at the shop though ..but I didn't buy her that day..and honestly..the name just came to me..I couldn't stop thinking about her...I know..I'm a dork..and obviously a freak too
    but that's mainly because you're in Charlotte and not because you named Sasha

  15. #15
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by couch_incident View Post
    I'm rich *****!

    Couch
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  16. #16
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick View Post
    but that's mainly because you're in Charlotte and not because you named Sasha
    I'm a dork b/c I live in Charlotte or a freak? or both??

  17. #17
    Ogr8nwmypstmksnosnse pgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    1986 Trek 500, 2003 Orbea Team Euskaltel, 2005 Cannondale R1000
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Named my commuter Messala after the fang-toothy bmx pedals ripped enough skin off of me...and people around me
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    People whose sig line does not include a jsharr quote annoy me.

  18. #18
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see:

    Victor, Shadowfax, Phantom, Cyclone, Madison, Crayola, Mario, Tornado, and one unnamed amongst mine. We also have "the Hippy Bike" - which is nominally my son's rigid framed MTB. May have to come up with another name or two soon.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  19. #19
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    I'm a dork b/c I live in Charlotte or a freak? or both??
    I prefer to think of it as you being lo-cal challenged.

    Where's the pic of Sasha?

  20. #20
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick View Post
    I prefer to think of it as you being lo-cal challenged.

    Where's the pic of Sasha?
    haha ...I am a dork, and I am proud...but only sometimes am I a freak


    and I don't have any pics of her on this computer

  21. #21
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    but only sometimes am I a freak

    I voted for your nasty meow photo in the August contest,. thus I deserve explanation and details of this with pics, preferably.

  22. #22
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick View Post
    I voted for your nasty meow photo in the August contest,. thus I deserve explanation and details of this with pics, preferably.
    hahahahah...I just got a wierd look from my coworker b/c I lol'd at that...

    and first off...there are many definitions of a "freak" ...which one?

  23. #23
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    hahahahah...I just got a wierd look from my coworker b/c I lol'd at that...

    and first off...there are many definitions of a "freak" ...which one?
    I'm from Greenville,.... you will need to explain and define the term for me. Hopefully before 6 pm when we have our curfew and lights out.
    Last edited by Airwick; 09-09-09 at 10:22 AM.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Nota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    My Bikes
    a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but it still won't come when I call it. It does have that "STAY!" trick pretty well down pat, though; 'cept for when I try to lean it up against something to go take a pee, when I'm out on a ride.

    That's usually when I'll call it by it's full name: "Stupid F'kn ***"
    When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.” Mark Twain (apocryphal)

  25. #25
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I named by bike Friday, after the Robert Heinlein character and novel. They're both made to carry anything anywhere no matter the circumstances.
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •