Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-09, 01:28 PM   #1
bluevelo
beast mode
Thread Starter
 
bluevelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dusted a Prius today

Riding into work. They gotta work on that tech some more. FUN!
__________________
http://www.gretainthebox.com
bluevelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 01:33 PM   #2
andr0id
Senior Member
 
andr0id's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 2,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Did you use a feather duster? Were you wearing a French maid outfit?
Please post pics.
andr0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 01:56 PM   #3
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
Did you use a feather duster? Were you wearing a French maid outfit?
Please post pics.
+1
Pics or it didn't happen! Especially of you in the French maid outfit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:01 PM   #4
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The Fast and The Furious: Edison Park Drift / Prius vs Tesla coming to a theatre near you soon, starring bluevelo as Vin Diesel's thin cousin.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:06 PM   #5
ChltCat
off to Candy Mountain!
 
ChltCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Bikes: one with 2 wheels
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
+1
Pics or it didn't happen! Especially of you in the French maid outfit.
it could've, if the heels weren't too high
ChltCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:08 PM   #6
bluevelo
beast mode
Thread Starter
 
bluevelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, you people are harsh.
__________________
http://www.gretainthebox.com
bluevelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:09 PM   #7
42Ultimate
Senior Member
 
42Ultimate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Treasure Coast, FL
Bikes: FujiTeamPro
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
it could've, if the heels weren't too high
+1 or is it
42Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:09 PM   #8
Hickeydog
Crushing souls
 
Hickeydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
Bikes: Trek 1500
Posts: 1,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Man, you people are harsh.
You're just now learning this? Wow.........
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.
Hickeydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 02:12 PM   #9
ChltCat
off to Candy Mountain!
 
ChltCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Bikes: one with 2 wheels
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Man, you people are harsh.


I used to own one of little roller skate cars...great gas mileage, but man, when the A/C was on, my 3 legged cat could run faster than that car
ChltCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 08:18 PM   #10
Nota
Senior Member
 
Nota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Omnipresent
Bikes: a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found this posted on a hybrid car owner's forum today:

"So I'm driving to work in my Prius this morning, and then all the sudden, out of nowhere, comes this darn cyclist from between two parked cars. He just came down off the sidewalk and pulled right out in front of me, like he didn't even see me. Most likely he didn't hear me coming down the street, as I was still going on electric, but I'm sure it didn't help that he appeared to be listening to an iPod. He also didn't appear to have any kind of mirror.

I wound up following him from about eight or nine blocks. I tried getting around him, but every time I started to go around him, he'd swerve out into the middle of the lane, blocking my path. I was so afraid I'd hit him, so I just stayed back and followed him.

So after about nine blocks, he finally turns off, and as he does, I see him throw both arms up in the air - like he'd just won something. What was that all about? Crazy cyclists.

I'm thinking of getting one of those little bells, the kind you activate with your thumb, and mounting on my steering wheel, so I can use it to alert cycists who - apparently, don't hear me driving up behing them in my quiet, zippy little car.

Peace out,
Prius Patty."
Nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 09:01 AM   #11
BoSoxYacht
Banned
 
BoSoxYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
Bikes: 07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
Posts: 7,282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota View Post
Found this posted on a hybrid car owner's forum today:

"So I'm driving to work in my Prius this morning, and then all the sudden, out of nowhere, comes this darn cyclist from between two parked cars. He just came down off the sidewalk and pulled right out in front of me, like he didn't even see me. Most likely he didn't hear me coming down the street, as I was still going on electric, but I'm sure it didn't help that he appeared to be listening to an iPod. He also didn't appear to have any kind of mirror.

I wound up following him from about eight or nine blocks. I tried getting around him, but every time I started to go around him, he'd swerve out into the middle of the lane, blocking my path. I was so afraid I'd hit him, so I just stayed back and followed him.

So after about nine blocks, he finally turns off, and as he does, I see him throw both arms up in the air - like he'd just won something. What was that all about? Crazy cyclists.

I'm thinking of getting one of those little bells, the kind you activate with your thumb, and mounting on my steering wheel, so I can use it to alert cycists who - apparently, don't hear me driving up behing them in my quiet, zippy little car.

Peace out,
Prius Patty."
way too funny.
BoSoxYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 09:12 AM   #12
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota View Post
Found this posted on a hybrid car owner's forum today:

"So I'm driving to work in my Prius this morning, and then all the sudden, out of nowhere, comes this darn cyclist from between two parked cars. He just came down off the sidewalk and pulled right out in front of me, like he didn't even see me. Most likely he didn't hear me coming down the street, as I was still going on electric, but I'm sure it didn't help that he appeared to be listening to an iPod. He also didn't appear to have any kind of mirror.

I wound up following him from about eight or nine blocks. I tried getting around him, but every time I started to go around him, he'd swerve out into the middle of the lane, blocking my path. I was so afraid I'd hit him, so I just stayed back and followed him.

So after about nine blocks, he finally turns off, and as he does, I see him throw both arms up in the air - like he'd just won something. What was that all about? Crazy cyclists.

I'm thinking of getting one of those little bells, the kind you activate with your thumb, and mounting on my steering wheel, so I can use it to alert cycists who - apparently, don't hear me driving up behing them in my quiet, zippy little car.

Peace out,
Prius Patty."
Hahaaa!!!


Very well done, sir!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 01:27 PM   #13
Gilla Gorilla
先輩
 
Gilla Gorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a desert somewhere
Bikes: A black P0S (piece of steel) =P
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ahh good laugh thanks (^_^)
Gilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 02:34 PM   #14
bluevelo
beast mode
Thread Starter
 
bluevelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's awesome.

Oh, I set a PB riding my bike home on the river trail yesterday. I've been grappling with a left leg injury for a year that's made running painful and cycling difficult and its finally clearing up!
__________________
http://www.gretainthebox.com
bluevelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 02:38 PM   #15
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like beating up a kindergartener.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 02:39 PM   #16
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post
Like beating up a kindergartener.
I thought you finally got passed on to first grade.............
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 04:11 PM   #17
Wordbiker
Pwnerer
 
Wordbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
Bikes: Road, MTB, Cruiser, Chopper, BMX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
I thought you finally got passed on to first grade.............
Eventually when I was acquitted on a technicality.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
Ski, bike and wish I was gay.
Wordbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-09, 05:32 PM   #18
patentcad
Peloton Dog
 
patentcad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester, NY
Bikes: 2013 Scott Foil, 2014 Scott Addict, 2008 Cervelo P3 (TT), 2015 Scott Scale 700SL MTB
Posts: 59,454
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post


I used to own one of little roller skate cars...great gas mileage, but man, when the A/C was on, my 3 legged cat could run faster than that car
Hey Einstein, the Prius gets 45-50mpg, carries five people and their crap. My motorcycle gets fewer mpg than that. Of course my motorcycle does go 0-100 mph in < 8.5 seconds, but still.
patentcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-09, 05:59 PM   #19
EthanYQX
Why not?
 
EthanYQX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Bikes: Giant STP 2
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
Hey Einstein, the Prius gets 45-50mpg, carries five people and their crap. My motorcycle gets fewer mpg than that. Of course my motorcycle does go 0-100 mph in < 8.5 seconds, but still.
It still accelerates, handles like, and has the handling of, a couch. It's frustrating to even ride in the thing

And anyone who needs a car to park itself shouldn't drive.
EthanYQX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-09, 08:59 PM   #20
bluevelo
beast mode
Thread Starter
 
bluevelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
Hey Einstein, the Prius gets 45-50mpg, carries five people and their crap. My motorcycle gets fewer mpg than that. Of course my motorcycle does go 0-100 mph in < 8.5 seconds, but still.
I'm not anti-motorcycle, but they have two huge downsides, IMHO, compared to a Prius...

1) They're noisy as hell - unnecessarily so.

2) You have a much better chance of being an accidental organ donor on a motorcycle vs. a Prius (but to be fair the same thing can happen cycling too).
__________________
http://www.gretainthebox.com
bluevelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 05:21 PM   #21
unterhausen
Randomhead
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
Bikes:
Posts: 14,588
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
my Prius needs dusting, my kids are starting to harass me about how dirty it is. There are a lot of Prius drivers out there that are obsessed about fuel mileage, the OP probably met up with one of those people. If you want 55+ mpg, you have to drive sloooow. I have a lead foot and get about 48mpg.
unterhausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 09:40 PM   #22
bluevelo
beast mode
Thread Starter
 
bluevelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
my Prius needs dusting, my kids are starting to harass me about how dirty it is. There are a lot of Prius drivers out there that are obsessed about fuel mileage, the OP probably met up with one of those people. If you want 55+ mpg, you have to drive sloooow. I have a lead foot and get about 48mpg.
I still bet I can dust your ass too.

__________________
http://www.gretainthebox.com
bluevelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-09, 11:11 PM   #23
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
my Prius needs dusting, my kids are starting to harass me about how dirty it is. There are a lot of Prius drivers out there that are obsessed about fuel mileage, the OP probably met up with one of those people. If you want 55+ mpg, you have to drive sloooow. I have a lead foot and get about 48mpg.
I watched a program on hypermiling. Talk about seriously anal retentive! Man, there are some really obsessed people out there.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 AM.