Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A pox on lame movie critics

    Neither the NYTimes or the Washington Post seems to like Zombieland.

    What's WRONG with these people?

    A movie doesn't have to full of a deep message. There's nothing wrong with popcorn movies! Geesh.

  2. #2
    Rawwrrrrrrrrr! wolfpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    My Bikes
    2009 Specialized Ruby Sworks SL w/SRAM Red; 2006 Fuji Team RC; 2008 Felt F1x; 1980's Lotus Excelle; Mangusta FG/SS; Rossin (yet to be built up)
    Posts
    2,732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you seen it? i'd kinda like to see it....maybe i'll wait till my son gets home monday and see if he'll go see it with me. most likely he will.
    wolfpackcycles
    skiffrun: Enjoy the ride. Ride for the enjoyment.

  3. #3
    Barbieri Telefonico huhenio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    My Bikes
    Crappy but operational secondhand Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will buy the DVD
    Giving Haircuts Over The Phone

  4. #4
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet, but the GF and I love chunk movies and I have some discount Regal movie passes I bought recently at Costco so we'll go Monday night when no one goes to the movies...

  5. #5
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Trek 730, Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Vision R40
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the matinee. If you liked Shaun of the Dead, you'll like Z-land.

  6. #6
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijor View Post
    Just saw the matinee. If you liked Shaun of the Dead, you'll like Z-land.
    I love that movie. Then it will be most excellent.

  7. #7
    on by skijor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Trek 730, Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Vision R40
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Take notes for when the apocalypse arrives

  8. #8
    Mystery Meat gitarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Oh!
    My Bikes
    Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
    Posts
    1,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zombie movies don't HAVE to be good. They are about Zombies and that's all that's needed.

  9. #9
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post
    Zombie movies don't HAVE to be good. They are about Zombies and that's all that's needed.
    for that...

    GO BUCKEYES!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,794
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF?!? Movies are, and always have been...

    ENTERTAINMENT!

    Sure, some have a 'message'; that's because there was a writer/director/producer/whoever who wanted to speak to the masses, and had no better way to do so. But, bottom line, movies are for the purpose of entertaining the masses.

    Time to get over it; movie stars are not special creations, they are merely prettier than average, and can read words off a card or prompter with sincerity. They are good at playing pretend. The sole claims they can make to 'skill' are the ability to make you believe for a moment they are the character dujour, and the ability to do the same little thing over and over again without going apesh**.

    That said, I'd like to see it, too -- when it hits DVD.

  11. #11
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,277
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
    Neither the NYTimes or the Washington Post seems to like Zombieland.

    What's WRONG with these people?

    A movie doesn't have to full of a deep message. There's nothing wrong with popcorn movies! Geesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    have you seen it? i'd kinda like to see it....maybe i'll wait till my son gets home monday and see if he'll go see it with me. most likely he will.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
    Not yet, but the GF and I love chunk movies and I have some discount Regal movie passes I bought recently at Costco so we'll go Monday night when no one goes to the movies...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •