i would like to get a netbook to take notes and do homework on for my college courses. right now i have a heavy/ old/ slow/ 10 minute battery life laptop that i am using to convert my handwritten notes to microsoft OneNote. the computer is very unreliable (vista), and this combined with weight and crappy battery life are the main reasons i don't take it to class with me. a new (larger) battery would solve the battery life problem, but would only make it heavier, which is not what i need.
here's what i need to know:
1) what are the RAM + Processor specs of the netbook you use?
2) how many/ which programs can you have running at the same time?
3) what don't you like/ what would you change?
4) i need to have OneNote, google chrome with 4 tabs, internet explorer, excel, access, or word, and not have terrible lag while switching between them. doable on your (or any) netbook?
5) should i just get a lightweight laptop?