Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: suicide video

  1. #1
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    suicide video

    This is a project that a friend of mine did for an animation class. It is a graphic depiction of his suicide. Let me know what you think of his work.

    This is NOT real

    [Admin removed link]
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 10-07-09 at 03:43 PM. Reason: not suitable

  2. #2
    I ain't no newbie redirekib's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Goddard Institute - Area 51-Skunk Works Division - Space Age Materials Lab
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, not going to watch. Burried my brother inlaw after he put a *** to his head.
    "Never send a monkey to do a man's job." ~ Captain Leo Davidson ~

  3. #3
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redirekib View Post
    Sorry, not going to watch. Burried my brother inlaw after he put a *** to his head.
    I don't blame you at all.

    That is why I have clearly warned people what is on the video.

  4. #4
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the subject matter, but the technical work was decent.

  5. #5
    Mrs. DataJunkie Luddite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    My Bikes
    Asama "Luddite" and Kuwahara MTB from the 90s
    Posts
    1,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I was expecting an animation though, not live action.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    My Bikes
    a celeste green one; 5.5 Madone
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What! An H&R break-open single shot? I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those. Other than that, I thought it was killer.
    When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.” Mark Twain (apocryphal)

  7. #7
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nota View Post
    What! An H&R break-open single shot? I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those. Other than that, I thought it was killer.
    It belongs to my GF, used to be her grandfather's.

  8. #8
    XR2
    XR2 is offline
    Senior Member XR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    the foothills
    My Bikes
    88 Bridgestone T700
    Posts
    938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame.Slick production but lame.As is your phony (?) comment.

    BoSoxYacht (5 days ago) Show Hide
    0
    Reply

    how could you put such trash on the internet? think of how many people have lost a loved one in this manner.
    I owe-therefore I am.

  9. #9
    jackrussellsonabicycle Airwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow,....

    interesting title.

    red flower, yellow hat.

    shot scene very realistic looking,.....

    very disturbing, but well done
    Last edited by Airwick; 10-07-09 at 11:27 AM.

  10. #10
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XR2 View Post
    Lame.Slick production but lame.As is your phony (?) comment.
    I really don't give a **** what you think about my phony comment. it was put there to get the ball rolling.

    let me get this straight. you think the video is slick, but lame(or just my comment is lame).

  11. #11
    King of the Plukers Spreggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On the bus.
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing this with us, you f'in' ******.

    Did you post this thinking nobody would be reminded of horrors that may have been visited upon their lives?

    Or did you post it assuming others would be hurt, but it was worth it because you may garner some nebulous interweb leetness for cinematography?
    “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
    ― Muhammad Ali

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    249
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Thanks for sharing this with us, you f'in' ******.

    Did you post this thinking nobody would be reminded of horrors that may have been visited upon their lives?

    Or did you post it assuming others would be hurt, but it was worth it because you may garner some nebulous interweb leetness for cinematography?
    You have a choice to watch it. He (she?) plainly stated, it is a graphic depiction of a suicide.

  13. #13
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    This is a project that a friend of mine did for an animation class. It is a graphic depiction of his suicide. Let me know what you think of his work.
    This is NOT real.
    [Mod Removed Link][/url
    not much.
    Last edited by Little Darwin; 10-08-09 at 03:20 PM.

  14. #14
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    9,715
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    This is a project that a friend of mine did for an animation class. It is a graphic depiction of his suicide. Let me know what you think of his work.

    This is NOT real

    [Mod Removed Link]
    I will not be looking at this. I do, however, want to know what is meant to be accomplished by the "graphic depiction of" suicide. Is this supposed to give us empathy, or just to shock us? As far as I can see on the surface, there is nothing to be gained by that type of video. Certainly I could be missing something significant by not watching, but I will not take that chance. This is FAR to serious of a topic for there to be any chance of misinterpretation.
    Last edited by Little Darwin; 10-08-09 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  15. #15
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Thanks for sharing this with us, you f'in' ******.

    Did you post this thinking nobody would be reminded of horrors that may have been visited upon their lives?
    do you have a problem with reading comprehension?

    this is what I wrote in the OP

    "This is a project that a friend of mine did for an animation class. It is a graphic depiction of his suicide. Let me know what you think of his work.

    This is NOT real"

    what part of that do you not understand?

  16. #16
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your friend should shorten or eliminate the credits and other stuff. The piece is 80 seconds long and only 30 seconds is content.

  17. #17
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    I will not be looking at this. I do, however, want to know what is meant to be accomplished by the "graphic depiction of" suicide. Is this supposed to give us empathy, or just to shock us? As far as I can see on the surface, there is nothing to be gained by that type of video. Certainly I could be missing something significant by not watching, but I will not take that chance. This is FAR to serious of a topic for there to be any chance of misinterpretation.
    If you have a question for the creator, contact him through his youtube channel.

    [Mod Removed Link]
    Last edited by Little Darwin; 10-08-09 at 03:19 PM.

  18. #18
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    9,715
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BoSoxYacht;9814833]If you have a question for the creator, contact him through his youtube channel.

    [Mod Removed Link]

    You posted it here, why don't you try?
    Last edited by Little Darwin; 10-08-09 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  19. #19
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket Man View Post
    Your friend should shorten or eliminate the credits and other stuff. The piece is 80 seconds long and only 30 seconds is content.
    The credits and stuff were actually pretty good imo...it was the content that needs work..the lighting is horrible..the overhead shot of the dude was shaky and I wasn't so keen on the music
    Quote Originally Posted by Nota View Post
    Well the look on its face is rather.................wait for it.....................wait for it....................emu-sing.

    Oh, you knew that was coming!

  20. #20
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    You posted it here, why don't you try?
    I'm not going to answer questions about his production. Casey welcomes any questions you have about the video.

    The only question I can answer about this video would be "why did you post this here".

    I posted the video here to get some people to tell the creator what they think of his video.

  21. #21
    King of the Plukers Spreggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On the bus.
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    do you have a problem with reading comprehension?

    this is what I wrote in the OP

    "This is a project that a friend of mine did for an animation class. It is a graphic depiction of his suicide. Let me know what you think of his work.

    This is NOT real"

    what part of that do you not understand?
    No, and fortunately for you I am fortunate not to have personal experience with this. But I am also confident that some of our foo-friends have had their worst days revisited just by reading your thread title. And then to read in the topic that you have assembled a graphic representation for teenagers at school to watch, well golly pal don't mind if I think you're a thoughtless tool looking for some shock value.

    Let me know what you think of his work
    I think he's an ass hat. Any questions?
    “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
    ― Muhammad Ali

  22. #22
    Prefers Aluminum Sprocket Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Honolulu
    My Bikes
    Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)
    Posts
    2,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChltCat View Post
    The credits and stuff were actually pretty good imo...it was the content that needs work..the lighting is horrible..the overhead shot of the dude was shaky and I wasn't so keen on the music
    The point I was trying to make was the credits and other stuff were too long. They comprised over 60% of the length of the piece. The guy kept showing his name over and over. In a piece this short, we really only need to see his name once.

  23. #23
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,523
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    No, and fortunately for you I am fortunate not to have personal experience with this. But I am also confident that some of our foo-friends have had their worst days revisited just by reading your thread title. And then to read in the topic that you have assembled a graphic representation for teenagers at school to watch, well golly pal don't mind if I think you're a thoughtless tool looking for some shock value.


    I think he's an ass hat. Any questions?
    thanks for your comments.

    BTW, I really don't care one bit what you think of me(this was posted here to get your thoughts on the video).

    Thanks again.

  24. #24
    off to Candy Mountain! ChltCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    My Bikes
    one with 2 wheels
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket Man View Post
    The point I was trying to make was the credits and other stuff were too long. They comprised over 60% of the length of the piece. The guy kept showing his name over and over. In a piece this short, we really only need to see his name once.
    gotcha..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nota View Post
    Well the look on its face is rather.................wait for it.....................wait for it....................emu-sing.

    Oh, you knew that was coming!

  25. #25
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just watched it a 2nd time to confirm my initial impressions.

    it's still weak.

    would like to know what the actual assignment is, to be fair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •