Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: thanks

  1. #1
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    thanks

    I want to thank all the people that viewed my friends video "Hello Goodbye". I'm sorry that it really bothered some of you so much that you felt the need to report it to the Mods. The only reason that I posted it here was to give the creator some feedback on his work.

    Anyone that wants to view it can PM me for a link to his Youtube channel.

    Thanks again,

    BSY

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original thread was closed before I even stumbled over it, so I'll give you my critique here.

    Technical production was well done. Editing was better than a lot of movies I've seen. Credits WERE overdone, as mentioned.

    Content, and subject matter, were nihilistic and poor.

    Overall, it didn't 'grab' me like the scene in Full Metal Jacket. But at least Kanye didn't jump out and say Beyonce's vid was better. (Might have gotten more positive reactions had K been the central player....lol)

  3. #3
    Who farted? Ka_Jun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My Bikes
    '06 K2 Zed 3.0, '09 Novara Buzz V
    Posts
    1,287
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  4. #4
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched the video, but I must say I was especially distressed when I saw the title, and then the first couple threads in the post. Your presentation guaranteed the thread's being reported and closed, IMO.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  5. #5
    enginerd jeff^d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    Surly Steamroller, Kona Unit, Trek 520
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Jun View Post
    Now that was a well made video.

    FYI: It's a Kanye parody of the original Mario, nothing related to the original suicide video.

  6. #6
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    I haven't watched the video, but I must say I was especially distressed when I saw the title, and then the first couple threads in the post. Your presentation guaranteed the thread's being reported and closed, IMO.
    I wasn't really worried about the thread being locked. I was a little surprised that even after being warned what it was about, that some people would be little *****es like that.

  7. #7
    Free @coasting RUOkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a Haggard Song
    My Bikes
    2009 ORBEA Onix Rival. 2012 Felt Breed, 1999 Raleigh 500
    Posts
    10,220
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    I wasn't really worried about the thread being locked. I was a little surprised that even after being warned what it was about, that some people would be little *****es like that.
    Excuse me, but have you EVER known anyone personally who has committed suicide? Have you ever seen the results personally? If the answer is no, then you have no right to call other people names. I can see from your pics that you are an adult. Act like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie53 View Post
    Being full of crap and depositing it here consistently is really nothing to be proud of.

  8. #8
    I ain't no newbie redirekib's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Goddard Institute - Area 51-Skunk Works Division - Space Age Materials Lab
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "He's not going to see us grow up" , that's what my neice said. "My Son, my son" , that's what his father said after finding him sitting in a chair in the woods.

    "Don't touch his hair" , that's what the funeral director said.
    "Never send a monkey to do a man's job." ~ Captain Leo Davidson ~

  9. #9
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUOkie View Post
    Excuse me, but have you EVER known anyone personally who has committed suicide? Have you ever seen the results personally? If the answer is no, then you have no right to call other people names. I can see from your pics that you are an adult. Act like one.
    yes I have known a couple of people that have taken their own life.

    the video that I posted a link to, was made for my friend's animation class. He got an A for his work.

    No one was forced to view the video, and those that did view it were clearly warned what the video was about(and that it was very graphic). Honestly, I've seen more disturbing footage on primetime television show like CSI.

  10. #10
    I ain't no newbie redirekib's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Goddard Institute - Area 51-Skunk Works Division - Space Age Materials Lab
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    I want to thank all the people that viewed my friends video "Hello Goodbye". I'm sorry that it really bothered some of you so much that you felt the need to report it to the Mods. The only reason that I posted it here was to give the creator some feedback on his work.

    Anyone that wants to view it can PM me for a link to his Youtube channel.

    Thanks again,

    BSY
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    I wasn't really worried about the thread being locked. I was a little surprised that even after being warned what it was about, that some people would be little *****es like that.
    You're welcome.
    "Never send a monkey to do a man's job." ~ Captain Leo Davidson ~

  11. #11
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redirekib View Post
    "He's not going to see us grow up" , that's what my neice said. "My Son, my son" , that's what his father said after finding him sitting in a chair in the woods.

    "Don't touch his hair" , that's what the funeral director said.
    I understand why you didn't watch the video, and was very respectful of your reason why you would not.

    Thank you for possessing basic reading comprehension skills(it's clear that not everyone on BF has them).
    Last edited by BoSoxYacht; 10-08-09 at 01:48 PM.

  12. #12
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    yes I have known a couple of people that have taken their own life.

    the video that I posted a link to, was made for my friend's animation class.
    He got an A for his work.

    No one was forced to view the video, and those that did view it were clearly warned what the video was about(and that it was very graphic). Honestly, I've seen more disturbing footage on primetime television show like CSI.
    you're kidding.

  13. #13
    gouch pad bones_mcbones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg
    My Bikes
    2008 Giant Bowery, 1212 Supercycle Winter fixie beater
    Posts
    507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    you're kidding.
    provocative subject matter... that gives artsy types hard ons.

    suicide is such a cop out, life is really short to begin with.
    ****tinginbuckets.com

  14. #14
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bones_mcbones View Post
    provocative subject matter... that gives artsy types hard ons.

    suicide is such a cop out, life is really short to begin with.
    you clearly have no clue about "artsy types."

  15. #15
    Watch This! laduckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Powhatan, VA
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 5000; 2006 Gary Fisher Rig
    Posts
    265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I viewed it. Not that great. The technical aspects of the intra-oral contact is poor at best.
    “Hey pistolero, there is no ‘I’ in ‘team’. - L. Armstrong

  16. #16
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    you're kidding.
    no joke

  17. #17
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BoSoxYacht; 10-08-09 at 03:45 PM.

  18. #18
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,335
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    no joke
    sorry, but if that merited an A, then either his teacher is a pushover, or his classmates are weak.

  19. #19
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    4,671
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botto View Post
    sorry, but if that merited an A, then either his teacher is a pushover, or his classmates are weak.
    personally I like it, but I don't think it merits an A either.

  20. #20
    thompsonpost
    Guest
    You really need to learn to accept criticism as a positive and inspiring force.

    Put your defensive attitude away and listen to people.
    Last edited by thompsonpost; 10-18-09 at 08:35 AM.

  21. #21
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched it. Also tried watching the second video linked to here (the cartoon), but had to stop it because it was so bad.

    I noticed that he went to the Art Institute. That explains quite a bit.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •