Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/600861-happy-40th-birthday-sesame-street.html)

botto 11-06-09 09:37 AM

Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street
 
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3498/...31f38255_b.jpg

jsharr 11-06-09 09:40 AM

Snuffleufagus always sorted creeped me out. I was big into Bert and Ernie. Those guys rocked.

botto 11-06-09 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 9994529)
Snuffleufagus always sorted creeped me out. I was big into Bert and Ernie. Those guys rocked.

understandable.

funny thing is, just after graduating from college, i worked with (albeit not directly) the guy who did snuffleufagus ' voice.

i couldn't figure out why his voice was so oddly familiar, until a coworker let me in on the secret.

Chacal 11-06-09 10:00 AM

that's awesome.

strangely i did not watch this show much although I was at the perfect age. I think my family was too lowbrow for PBS...among other things.

redirekib 11-06-09 10:01 AM

Is it true that Bert and Ernie are gay?

Chacal 11-06-09 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redirekib (Post 9994657)
Is it true that Bert and Ernie are gay?

Ernie seemed pretty happy. Bert was always such a sourpuss, though.

CbadRider 11-06-09 10:08 AM

My daughter loved this show. Wasn't this the first appearance of the Muppets?

Now I have that "Sunny Day" theme song stuck in my head.

botto 11-06-09 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redirekib (Post 9994657)
Is it true that Bert and Ernie are gay?

hear that one at the local bathhouse?

Little Darwin 11-06-09 10:18 AM

I sometimes watched the show with my kids. My eldest has a large faint birthmark on his back that looks like Snuffalupagus (sp).

I remember at the time thinking that the Bay Area Rapid Transit should have had Arnold Palmer (or someone) endorse their system and develop an advertising campaign... BART and Arnie! ;) With the current governor, or any other Arnie it would work just as well.

Sixty Fiver 11-06-09 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CbadRider (Post 9994691)
My daughter loved this show. Wasn't this the first appearance of the Muppets?

Now I have that "Sunny Day" theme song stuck in my head.

"Sam and Friends" aired in 1955 and was the first time the world saw a Muppet and Kermit relates this experience in his book, Before You Leap.

So damn cool...


jsharr 11-06-09 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 9994635)
understandable.

funny thing is, just after graduating from college, i worked with (albeit not directly) the guy who did snuffleufagus ' voice.

i couldn't figure out why his voice was so oddly familiar, until a coworker let me in on the secret.

Did he creep you out in RL?

Sixty Fiver 11-06-09 10:30 AM

Kermit was a hipster...


Sixty Fiver 11-06-09 10:51 AM

I have always loved Sesame Street... it really set the standard.

The folks behind this need to be commended as do the folks who stand up front... Bob, Susan, and Big Bird have been with the show since it's inception.

And I still remember how much I loved Mr Looper... one of the most beloved of Sesame Street's characters...


Will Lee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Lee

Sixty Fiver 11-06-09 10:57 AM

The first episode is on youtube...


HardyWeinberg 11-06-09 11:05 AM

I had an undergrad intern one time and she said something about sesame street '... wait, did they have that when you were a kid?' and I said of course but then I looked it up and it turns out I was 2 when it started; so I guess I am the target audience.

coasting 11-06-09 11:10 AM

i love sesame street. i love muppet show too.

maybe i just love puppet shows.

coasting 11-06-09 11:14 AM

my favourite character. kind of reminds me of me.
All together now! C is for cookie.....louder!


Sixty Fiver 11-06-09 11:21 AM

The show attracted some seriously talented people... Mr Hooper (Will Lee) taught acting and appeared in many features as a character actor prior to SS, Susan (Loretta Long) has a PhD in education and Bob McGrath was famous as an actor and more notably, as a singer.


Velo Vol 11-06-09 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coasting (Post 9995074)
my favourite character. kind of reminds me of me.
All together now! C is for cookie.....louder!

A classic hit.

By the way, the birthday isn't until November 10.

Premature celebration.

CyLowe97 11-06-09 11:37 AM

For all you Colbert Nationites, make sure you pick up a copy of The Man rocking it around a shopping mall as the letter Z in this video...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...QL._SS500_.jpg

botto 11-06-09 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver (Post 9994922)
I have always loved Sesame Street... it really set the standard.

The folks behind this need to be commended as do the folks who stand up front... Bob, Susan, and Big Bird have been with the show since it's inception.


And I still remember how much I loved Mr Looper... one of the most beloved of Sesame Street's characters...

YouTube- Classic Sesame Street: I'm Sure Gonna Miss You, Mr. Hooper!

Will Lee: [url]http:/ /en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Lee[/url
]

hooper.

CyLowe97 11-06-09 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 9995228)
hooper.

Big Bird called Mr Hooper by many variations from Looper to Pooper.

Luddite 11-06-09 11:42 AM

The aliens scared the crap out of me as a kid. Yip yip, uh-huh uh-huh. They would float through walls etc. Creepy as hell.

CyLowe97 11-06-09 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 9995138)
A classic hit.

By the way, the birthday isn't until November 10.

Premature celebration.

The Google banner has been celebrating for a few days already.

chipcom 11-06-09 12:30 PM

I miss Kukla, Fran and Ollie....not necessarily in that order.

http://binx101.files.wordpress.com/2...afranollie.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.