[HOW TO] Hide "vbbadge" in Google Chrome
[HOW To] Hide "vbbadge" in Google Chrome
Do you use the zoom feature in Google Chrome to enlarge text when reading the forum? If so, you may have discovered that the "Now using the NEW vBulletin 4" enlarges and gets in the way of reading.
Note, however, if you browse to the next page of the thread (I am typing behind the badge unless I scroll down to see text) or go to the next thread/forum in this website, the vbbadge will come back automatically as if it's a new web page.
So, every time you go to a different page of the forum, you need to repeat the steps listed below.
- Look for "Now using the NEW vBulletin" in Google Chrome.
- Right-click the image and select "Inspect element."
- Look for the highlighted HTML tag. You're looking for the image tag that is highlighted.
- Double-click "border: none" and type "visibility: hidden" (without quotes) and hit [Enter].
- When done, close the Developer Tools window.
The vbbadge should now disappear upon typing "visibility: hidden" (this is called inline-CSS).
Now, if only there's a way to script this in Google Chrome, so everyone who uses Google Chrome can use it.
Or better yet, who cares about the "Now using the NEW vBulletin 4?" As long as it works, isn't it better to get rid of it?
Adblock plus in FF works real easy too.
Both of you paid so that ads wouldn't be visible. Being forced to find some program that does it for you is idiotic. This is certainly a breach of contract by IB.
You can use adblock to block more than images...