Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Orange County Class, such as it is

    Just because we have Orange County Choppers doesn't mean there's no class in the NY version of the OC. Consider Glenmere, the tony former mansion come luxury hotel/spa 3 miles from here that two rich idiots just spent $20 million + renovating. Room rates $550-$3200 nightly.



    I ride past this place every other day. 2 miles from the base of Mt. Doom.

  2. #2
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sadly, they have run afoul of the DEC (Dept. of Environmental Conservation) and the Northern Cricket Frog.

    There are no words to describe how stupid it would be to derail this glimmer of economic health over some alleged .75" long friggin amphibian. Good grief already. But 3 miles away, in the hamlet of Sugarloaf, there is a tree hugging Birkenstock wearing moron who has made it his life mission to throw a monkey wrench into this project. So it goes. I'm confident the backers have sufficiently deep pockets to weather this assault on sanity.

  3. #3
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their clientele are probably Mac users, who are used to overpaying.

    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    Just because we have Orange County Choppers doesn't mean there's no class in the NY version of the OC. Consider Glenmere, the tony former mansion come luxury hotel/spa 3 miles from here that two rich idiots just spent $20 million + renovating. Room rates $550-$3200 nightly.



    I ride past this place every other day. 2 miles from the base of Mt. Doom.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  4. #4
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    Sadly, they have run afoul of the DEC (Dept. of Environmental Conservation) and the Northern Cricket Frog.

    There are no words to describe how stupid it would be to derail this glimmer of economic health over some alleged .75" long friggin amphibian. Good grief already. But 3 miles away, in the hamlet of Sugarloaf, there is a tree hugging Birkenstock wearing moron who has made it his life mission to throw a monkey wrench into this project. So it goes. I'm confident the backers have sufficiently deep pockets to weather this assault on sanity.

    Dude, every creature on this earth serves a greater purpose. I'm sure you know that, or maybe you just don't care? either way your post is pretty damned sad, makes it sound like you just don't give a ****.

    "The DEC has fined the Glenmere Management Group $37,500 for building without required construction permits and using herbicides to kill vegetation close to the habitat of the northern cricket frog, an endangered species native to Glenmere Lake."
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  5. #5
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Their clientele are probably Mac users, who are used to overpaying.
    Ooo PWND!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  6. #6
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    Dude, every creature on this earth serves a greater purpose. I'm sure you know that, or maybe you just don't care? either way your post is pretty damned sad, makes it sound like you just don't give a ****.

    "The DEC has fined the Glenmere Management Group $37,500 for building without required construction permits and using herbicides to kill vegetation close to the habitat of the northern cricket frog, an endangered species native to Glenmere Lake."
    A) They can stop using the herbicides. That was easy.

    B) Even if they don't, the stupid friggin frogs have HUNDREDS of acres of wetlands that won't be impacted by said herbicides.

    C) Correct, I care more about local economic conditions than any theoretical demise of this frog. I also firmly believe the frogs will thrive regardless.

    Do get a grip. At least try.

  7. #7
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    A) They can stop using the herbicides. That was easy.

    B) Even if they don't, the stupid friggin frogs have HUNDREDS of acres of wetlands that won't be impacted by said herbicides.

    C) Correct, I care more about local economic conditions than any theoretical demise of this frog. I also firmly believe the frogs will thrive regardless.

    Do get a grip. At least try.
    Sure they can stop, but the fact is they used the herbicides illegally.

    Stupid frogs?.....how about the stupid people that screwed up their environment?

    Why care about local economic conditions when the local enviromental condition is so ****ed up?

    Oh I have a grip, just on something a little more important than "local economic conditions".


    My guess was right, you just don't give a ****.
    Last edited by ilikebikes; 01-08-10 at 09:58 AM.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  8. #8
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    My guess was right, you just don't give a ****.
    So you don't care about all the people in this area without jobs, who are losing their homes, cars, etc? You're more concerned about the ALLEGED, easily remedied threat to this 1" long frog?

    Whatever works for you Fredly.

  9. #9
    I ain't no newbie redirekib's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Goddard Institute - Area 51-Skunk Works Division - Space Age Materials Lab
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    A) They can stop using the herbicides. That was easy.

    B) Even if they don't, the stupid friggin frogs have HUNDREDS of acres of wetlands that won't be impacted by said herbicides.

    C) Correct, I care more about local economic conditions than any theoretical demise of this frog. I also firmly believe the frogs will thrive regardless.

    Do get a grip. At least try.
    I knew it! You are a Replublican.
    "Never send a monkey to do a man's job." ~ Captain Leo Davidson ~

  10. #10
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redirekib View Post
    I knew it! You are a Replublican.
    I am getting there thanks to Obama. I wanted Hillary, voted for Obama fearful he wasn't centrist enough.

    As usual, I was....

    Correct.

  11. #11
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    19,814
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    Room rates $550-$3200 nightly.
    With a price schedule like that, it's a leap to conclude such a place will be creating any jobs.

  12. #12
    Free Velo Vol! Velo Vol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    My Bikes
    Velo Volmobile
    Posts
    19,814
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I am getting there thanks to Obama.
    The ********** are having convention in Nashville here shortly. Palin is supposed to be featured (if she doesn't quit). You're invited (if you shell out several hundred dollars for a ticket).

  13. #13
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo Vol View Post
    The ********** are having convention in Nashville here shortly. Palin is supposed to be featured (if she doesn't quit). You're invited (if you shell out several hundred dollars for a ticket).
    The ********** are far too Glen Beckesque for me.

  14. #14
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    So you don't care about all the people in this area without jobs, who are losing their homes, cars, etc? You're more concerned about the ALLEGED, easily remedied threat to this 1" long frog?

    Whatever works for you Fredly.
    not really, they have the ability to make choices, good or bad they can make choices, just like my wife and I did when we saw the "****" that was about to hit the fan, they (the people) can take care of themselves, just like my wife and I do.
    Last edited by ilikebikes; 01-08-10 at 10:20 AM.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  15. #15
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh stop.

  16. #16
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't ask the questions if your not going to like the answers.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  17. #17
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    not really, they have the ability to make choices, good or bad they can make choices, just like my wife and I did when we saw the "****" that was about to hit the fan, they (the people) can take care of themselves, just like my wife and I do.
    Let me see if I have this straight. You're a Birkenstock version of those Montana survival whackos right? So when the Feds come for you, you don't shoot at them, you throw the bong at them?

  18. #18
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight. You're a Birkenstock version of those Montana survival whackos right? So when the Feds come for you, you don't shoot at them, you throw the bong at them?
    yeah, if you say so.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  19. #19
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    don't ask the questions if your not going to like the answers.
    I do it to entertain you.

  20. #20
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I do it to entertain me.
    Fixed.

  21. #21
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
    I do it to entertain me.
    and there you go.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  22. #22
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys need to take your pants to the laundry to wash out the urine stains on the legs.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  23. #23
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,104
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry dude, I just answered his questions, not my fault he got his panties in a bunch, so like I mentioned, he shouldn't ask the questions if he wasn't going to like the answers. But hey he was just entertaining himself, so it's all good.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  24. #24
    Peloton Dog patentcad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chester, NY
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott Foil, 2009 Scott Addict R2, 2008 Cervelo P3 TT bike, 2008 Motobecane Fly Ti Hard Tail MTB
    Posts
    56,094
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's never all good.

















    Stupid little frogs.

  25. #25
    Senior Member GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    treat the frogs to a massage and an herbicide bath. Or herbal. Whatever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •