Ok, I've been debating this for a while but I can't make a decision so I figured I'd let you all weigh in. I'm trying to decide whether to learn French or Spanish, just for fun. Here's what I've been thinking:
• I’ve already taken a couple semesters of French
• I like the sound of the French language
• My family historically spoke French up to when my grandfather passed away.
• I like French movies
• Nobody speaks French where I live now
• French newspapers, magazines, television, and radio are not readily available
• It would be difficult to find any practical use for French that would allow me to maintain and improve my skill in the language
• It’s probably a bit easier to learn than French
• Lot’s of people around here are native Spanish speakers
• Spanish newspapers, magazines, television, and radio are readily available
• Spanish would have practical value if I wanted to use it in Spanish speaking communities
• It might be a better choice if I eventually want to go on to learn Italian
• I don’t really like the sound of the language
• I’ve never ventured into any Spanish speaking communities so far so I’m not sure what practical value that would really be
On the face of it I think that points to Spanish but let’s hear what you have to say.