Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Have you ever had the feeling that your SO is trying to off you?

    I was just served a large plateful of perogies swimming in a thick muchroom cream sauce, with a ring of bacon wrapping around the edge of the plate. I normally wouldn't be too concerned, however my wife's great, great grandfather was poisoned by his wife. Does this type of thing get passed down from generation to generation?

  2. #2
    Senior Member mojopt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Indiana
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if the propensity to poison is hereditary but heart disease is. Eat 'em up...

    Happy eating,

    Mike
    From one critical thinker to another....Socialism is fine until you run out of everyone else's money...

    I can't ride too far but I am very,very,very slow...

  3. #3
    Senior Member GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,099
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to teach my wife what that big white thing in the kitchen that gets hot is.

  4. #4
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,096
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every day!
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  5. #5
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojopt View Post
    I don't know if the propensity to poison is hereditary but heart disease is. Eat 'em up...

    Happy eating,

    Mike
    Well I'm still alive. Once I had a couple of perogies, I had to scarf down the rest. The bacon was dessert

  6. #6
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    every day!
    Just remember to sit with your back to a wall, and always be prepared to duck.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern VT
    My Bikes
    recumbent & upright
    Posts
    1,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always careful of the almond flavored cookies my partner bakes.

  8. #8
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall not contribute to this thread... gonna follow it closely tho

  9. #9
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. You're going, down just like Ruben is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,152
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the cook so no worries..

  11. #11
    Super Moderator no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    7,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should bring this up. My wife has been dropping hints lately that I'm worth 3x more dead than alive...

    I don't have to worry about her poisoning me, though. She cooks like maybe 4 times a year. Makes a big batch of something that she swears is the best tasting stuff evar. She has one serving and the leftovers go in the freezer for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  12. #12
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lessons learned from the thread so far... don't tell your SO how much is your life insurance payout.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    7,656
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
    Lessons learned from the thread so far... don't tell your SO how much is your life insurance payout.
    Wouldn't have done me any good, as she knows about the company paid life and she sold me the other policy when she was still in the insurance field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  14. #14
    Mystery Meat gitarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Oh!
    My Bikes
    Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife reads those true crime stories. When I see her reading ones about wives killing husbands, I wonder...

    The good part is they get caught in the end and I've already explained to her there is no shopping in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseis View Post
    Is a ukulele player in a mandolin town and banned from all bars by the chief of police unless he leaves his strings and gravy at the front door.

  15. #15
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    7,997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    I was just served a large plateful of perogies swimming in a thick muchroom cream sauce, with a ring of bacon wrapping around the edge of the plate. I normally wouldn't be too concerned, however my wife's great, great grandfather was poisoned by his wife. Does this type of thing get passed down from generation to generation?
    Mmmm perogies.
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  16. #16
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    Funny you should bring this up. My wife has been dropping hints lately that I'm worth 3x more dead than alive...

    I don't have to worry about her poisoning me, though. She cooks like maybe 4 times a year. Makes a big batch of something that she swears is the best tasting stuff evar. She has one serving and the leftovers go in the freezer for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1mad View Post
    Wouldn't have done me any good, as she knows about the company paid life and she sold me the other policy when she was still in the insurance field.
    I assume you sleep with one eye open?

  17. #17
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenX View Post
    Lessons learned from the thread so far... don't tell your SO how much is your life insurance payout.
    Let's update the Lessons learned a bit ... never, NEVER let your spouse sell you life insurance

  18. #18
    long time visiter Alfster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SW Ontario
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek 6700 disc 2007 Orbea Onix 2009 Raleigh One Way
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post
    My wife reads those true crime stories. When I see her reading ones about wives killing husbands, I wonder...

    The good part is they get caught in the end and
    I've already explained to her there is no shopping in jail.
    Ooh, good point! I'll remember to use that. Might just add a few years to my life.

  19. #19
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post
    My wife reads those true crime stories. When I see her reading ones about wives killing husbands, I wonder...

    The good part is they get caught in the end and I've already explained to her there is no shopping in jail.
    She is only reading about those that WERE caught...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  20. #20
    Look! My Spine! RubenX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Winter Springs, FL
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, lesson #2... Thou shall convince your wife that everything on CSI is real and EVERYBODY always get caught.

  21. #21
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,237
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    she's not trying to off you. she's being super nice and feeding you delicious bad food to soften you up for some kind of terrible news.

    congratulations...octuplets!
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

  22. #22
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,626
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coasting View Post
    she's not trying to off you. she's being super nice and feeding you delicious bad food to soften you up for some kind of terrible news.

    congratulations...octuplets!
    Or she was in MV's place last week, and is about to break the news.

  23. #23
    Iconoclast rat fink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    My Bikes
    Colnago Super, Fuji Opus III, Specialized Rockhopper
    Posts
    3,158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love home made pierogies, (like Oma used to make)!

    My suggestion: Ride more... so you can eat more pierogies.
    "Winning is the best deodorant. Someone can look at your bike and say it stinks, but if you win with it, suddenly it's okay." - Jim Busby

  24. #24
    beast mode bluevelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    My Bikes
    Trek 2200, K2 Firebird
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She periodically keeps threatening to kill me. I *think* she's kidding...

  25. #25
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It freaks me out a little that this thread and "She actually pulled it off" are so close together...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •