Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    Senior Member alexvpaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Qc,Canada
    My Bikes
    A trek
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    WTF with teens these days??

    Seriously, WTF?

    Just when I thought I had seen everything...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Snicklefritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the middle of horse country, in The Garden State
    Posts
    3,112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to ask where the parents are? Do the parents know these kids dress like this??

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the vid, the mom says she's proud that he has it in him to express himself. She also said that he has to take all of his stuff off when he gets home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    Blocking your fire exits coffeecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sa-saska-what
    My Bikes
    Xtracycle conversion, RM Sherpa 30, Opus Mondano, Omega mixte, Norco Sasquatch (early 80's)
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on. Werewolves have been around for, like, centuries.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
    ~ Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,204
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advanced dressup. This too shall pass.

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    Oh come on. Werewolves have been around for, like, centuries.
    Yeah really. They just finally started to go to high school is all, huh, coffeecake?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  7. #7
    Blocking your fire exits coffeecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sa-saska-what
    My Bikes
    Xtracycle conversion, RM Sherpa 30, Opus Mondano, Omega mixte, Norco Sasquatch (early 80's)
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, they finally realized the value of education. Biting only gets you so far in this world.
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
    ~ Oscar Wilde

  8. #8
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross
    Posts
    11,347
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goth furries?
    "I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
    - Mandi M.

  9. #9
    Strong with the Fred Big_e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wanna see a wolf pack, try eating cheezits or jalapeno flavored potato chips around here. Yowzaa!

    I love pho long time.

  10. #10
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    "If this is the worst he does in high school, I'm blessed."

    I agree with the mother at the end. These kids aren't even being accused of sacrificing children or anything, they're just dressing up. Big deal.
    I agree. As long as nobody is getting hurt. Just a phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  11. #11
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,540
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    "If this is the worst he does in high school, I'm blessed."

    I agree with the mother at the end. These kids aren't even being accused of sacrificing children or anything, they're just dressing up. Big deal.
    I agree. As long as nobody is getting hurt. Just a phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 2300, Cannondale ??, Univega Hyrid
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warren Zevon would have been proud. Even though the kids hair is far from perfect.
    sigless at the moment....

  13. #13
    AEO
    AEO is offline
    Senior Member AEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    A Coffin Called Earth. or Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    Bianchi, Miyata, Dahon, Rossin
    Posts
    12,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    raging hormone imbalances, finding a group to fit in with and trying to accept or deny your identity.

    who hasn't gone through that?...
    I know some of you are still going through that
    Food for thought: if you aren't dead by 2050, you and your entire family will be within a few years from starvation. Now that is a cruel gift to leave for your offspring. ;)
    http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/arti...ger-photos.htm

  14. #14
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,336
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x136 View Post
    "If this is the worst he does in high school, I'm blessed."

    I agree with the mother at the end. These kids aren't even being accused of sacrificing children or anything, they're just dressing up. Big deal.
    yep.

  15. #15
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF is with people these days thinking all teens need to have short haircuts and be on the football team?

  16. #16
    Still can't climb
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limey in Taiwan
    Posts
    20,926
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    weirdos. but so what. fat old men wearing figure hugging lycra and prancing around. weirdos.
    coasting, few quotes are worthy of him, and of those, even fewer printable in a family forum......quote 3alarmer

    No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Terre Haute, Lafayette, or Indianapolis, IN, depending on the day
    My Bikes
    n, I would like n+1
    Posts
    1,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the video, but little Johny looks to be in much better shape than many of the overweight people in my high school. Mom's probably right on this one.

  18. #18
    Peripheral Visionary spock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Jax, FL
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the first time I've heard about this, and you know what, I wish there were more kids who didn't give a damn what others thought of them while being who they wanna be. Weirdos are the ones who think they are weird. I am proud of them and no there is nothing wrong with them and people who have a problem with them are the ones who have a problem.

  19. #19
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,051
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just think what kind of reaction those pictures are going to have in about 20 years when they're all over teh interwbz then.
    Last edited by no motor?; 05-26-10 at 10:25 AM. Reason: replied to wrong post

  20. #20
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by root11 View Post
    Warren Zevon would have been proud. Even though the kids hair is far from perfect.


    Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAlpine View Post
    WTF is with people these days thinking all teens need to have short haircuts and be on the football team?
    Well said

    These are the kind of kids that can think for themselves and and don't give a screw about what anyone else thinks about them. They will go on to lead rich and full lives while the star quarterback turns to alcoholism, wife beating and corporate corruption

    Yes I am being facetious
    If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will? =^.^=

  21. #21
    WNCrider BurnNotice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think kid's should be given some lattitude but when they start playing out movies and making it their life I believe you have some real social issues and indentity problems. To each generation it is different but kid's now days quite frankly don't impress me as anything but lazy and wanting handouts. Let me score that with the fact I believe the PARENTS are to blame for giving them rather than making them work for it.

    In school I don't remember indentity crisis' happening. You were either an athlete; a star pupil; or just a mediocre pupil with ideal expectations. We dressed in jeans and t-shirts or Izod golf shirts and were normal. We worked part-time jobs and hung out at the mall like these wolf kids and played video games at times at the arcade< yeah, yeah I am dating myself back to the 80's but most all of us wanted to go to college and make a difference and not dress up like Halloween year round.

    Maybe I see things different but a few good a$$ whoopings and these kids would be okay. I got my share and it was not abuse; in fact it made sure I grew up to respect elders; authority; and work hard to get the things I want and not expect a handout.

    Just my 2 cents' I am sure there are those who disagree. But quite honestly, let them dress up and howl...............hell, it beats them breaking into your cars and vandalizing your property.......unless they cock their legs and pee on your prize rose bushes then we have a issue!
    Last edited by BurnNotice; 05-26-10 at 09:11 AM.
    Ego ago per Murphy's Lex
    http://ncmountaingunner.blogspot.com/

  22. #22
    L T X B O M P F A N S R apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melrose, MA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my high school not long ago, there was a vampire scare. (This was long after I graduated.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston.com
    By Martin Finucane and Maria Cramer, Globe Staff

    Boston Latin officials seek to quash 'vampire' rumors

    A school administrator wants to set the record straight: There are no vampires at Boston Latin.

    The headmaster of the prestigious exam school took the unusual step today of sending a notice to faculty, students, and parents saying that "rumors involving 'vampires'" had begun spreading through the building Wednesday, causing disruption and anxiety for a number of students.

    Lynne Mooney Teta asked everyone's help in calming the school community down.
    Continued in the link, if you are so inclined:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre..._latin_of.html

  23. #23
    Domestic Domestique UnsafeAlpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Brand New Old Catamount! Schwinn Homegrown, Specialized FSR, Salsa Vaya, Salsa Chile Con Crosso
    Posts
    1,736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    I think kid's should be given some lattitude but when they start playing out movies and making it their life I believe you have some real social issues and indentity problems. To each generation it is different but kid's now days quite frankly don't impress me as anything but lazy and wanting handouts. Let me score that with the fact I believe the PARENTS are to blame for giving them rather than making them work for it.

    In school I don't remember indentity crisis' happening. You were either an athlete; a star pupil; or just a mediocre pupil with ideal expectations. We dressed in jeans and t-shirts or Izod golf shirts and were normal. We worked part-time jobs and hung out at the mall like these wolf kids and played video games at times at the arcade< yeah, yeah I am dating myself back to the 80's but most all of us wanted to go to college and make a difference and not dress up like Halloween year round.

    Maybe I see things different but a few good a$$ whoopings and these kids would be okay. I got my share and it was not abuse; in fact it made sure I grew up to respect elders; authority; and work hard to get the things I want and not expect a handout.

    Just my 2 cents' I am sure there are those who disagree. But quite honestly, let them dress up and howl...............hell, it beats them breaking into your cars and vandalizing your property.......unless they cock their legs and pee on your prize rose bushes then we have a issue!
    And I had to walk 10 miles to school, up hill both ways, in the snow and you didn't hear me complaining. Hell, we were even lucky to have clothes back then. Most of the time, we had to go naked, unless we just ate potatoes and then we would split the burlap among us 46 kids. We were all living in a cardboard box, too and not those fancy refrigerator boxes, no, we had to deal with shoe boxes. But we liked it and we didn't complain. And we got whooped sometimes. Father would come home and beat us until we were dead but no one considered it child abuse back then. We would just say, "Thank you sir" with our dying breaths.

  24. #24
    L T X B O M P F A N S R apricissimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Melrose, MA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925
    Posts
    2,326
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    In school I don't remember indentity crisis' happening. You were either an athlete; a star pupil; or just a mediocre pupil with ideal expectations. We dressed in jeans and t-shirts or Izod golf shirts and were normal. We worked part-time jobs and hung out at the mall like these wolf kids and played video games at times at the arcade< yeah, yeah I am dating myself back to the 80's but most all of us wanted to go to college and make a difference and not dress up like Halloween year round.
    It sounds like it was really boring where you grew up. Either that or you just overlooked/ignored the ones that did not fit into neat little niches.

  25. #25
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,155
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    NSFW Language in Video

    No different than the Goths, or the Vampires. When will you be out in the yard with a Springfield growling "Get off of my lawn"?
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •