Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Irving, TX
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Paramount
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    iPhone 4- anybody waiting for it?

    I've decided to go iPhone and I'm thinking that I should get the latest and greatest. There are strong rumors that the iPhone 4 will be announced in the next couple of weeks so I'm waiting. Anybody else?

    I'm not really an Apple fan, but I can appreciate the good and bad of their products. I have an iPod for that reason. I didn't jump on the iPhone bandwagon for several reasons, one was that it was not apparent what it would ultimately become, and another was that I had lots of experience with WindowsCE/PocketPC PDA's so I felt comfortable with a Windows-based smartphone. But after 2 years experience I think there are advantages to the iPhone that nobody else can provide.

  2. #2
    Senior Member skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CO Springs, CO
    My Bikes
    08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic
    Posts
    1,033
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's not on Verizon, nope.

    Come to think of it, I won't even get one when it does come to Verizon. Never been a fan of having to do it Apple's (or any big company, for that matter) way.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    2010 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  3. #3
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 3g and it's the best phone I ever had. However, I am thinking about the HTC EVO 4G. Don't know much about Sprint, but I heard they are better.
    After watching the videos of the HTC I was really impressed.
    It does things the iPhone probably never will.
    Last edited by gman26; 05-29-10 at 11:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Mystery Meat gitarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Oh!
    My Bikes
    Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward the OS for my 3gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseis View Post
    Is a ukulele player in a mandolin town and banned from all bars by the chief of police unless he leaves his strings and gravy at the front door.

  5. #5
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post
    I'm looking forward the OS for my 3gs.
    Can you re-phrase that?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. My next phone will probably be an HTC. I just don't like apple products.

  7. #7
    Mystery Meat gitarzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbus, Oh!
    My Bikes
    Soma Saga, 1991 Sirrus, Specialized Secteur Elite, Miele Umbria Elite.
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Can you re-phrase that?
    I'm looking forward to the OS4 release for my 32mb IPhone 3GS . Is that better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jseis View Post
    Is a ukulele player in a mandolin town and banned from all bars by the chief of police unless he leaves his strings and gravy at the front door.

  8. #8
    Bike Junkie aadhils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    My Bikes
    Orange Brompton M3L; Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Fixie (Eddy Orange)
    Posts
    1,583
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will not be a phone to rival the iPhone 4G when it get's released, so hopefully yea.

  9. #9
    Senior Member alexvpaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Qc,Canada
    My Bikes
    A trek
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    price and contracts are crazy over here so, no. Unless I get rich out of nowhere and if that happens, Yes I'll get one or two.

  10. #10
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aadhils View Post
    There will not be a phone to rival the iPhone 4G when it get's released, so hopefully yea.
    I like the iPhone too; big apple fan. However, the one thing the iPhone will not do is support 4 Wi-Fi enabled devices. That is tethering to the max.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,682
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A camera on the front so you can use it for video calls.
    Yeah, that's going to rock.
    I'll swap out my current iPhone for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I believe that in this case "solid meh" means "so 'meh' that it could never be anything more than 'meh', and yet also no less than 'meh' -- in a word, exactly 'meh'"

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    581
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the iPhone first gen since it first was released, and HATE AT&T. The iphone isn't that great either. It's too persnickety. I'll constantly get calls dropped, or it'll put calls on hold while I'm mid sentence, or it'll put calls on mute while I'm mid sentence, etc. My note pad hasn't worked since I switched out my iphone after the first phone simply ran out of steam and worked sporadically... and it took them EIGHT tries before I got the new iphone. My last conversation with those holes at the Apple store went like "hey, if this is the Genius Bar, why did you idiots take 8 tries before you were able to honor my contract and replace the phone correctly?'. I just can't stand Apple, and I really don't care much for the iphone. I pay over $150 a month for my unlimited everything, and they suck. I should be getting more for the amount of money I throw to them.

    My plan is up June 2nd. I just got off the phone with Verizon a couple of hours ago and got a nice deal through my employee corporate plan for unlimited everything. I shopped over at the Verizon store and could not stop playing with the Verizon Google Incredible phone... it is AWESOME! It has speed. It lets me run multiple applications. It gives me the opportunity view videos without the choppy start/stop crap I deal with the iphone.

    Man, I can't stand this phone! Can't wait until the 22nd when my new phone arrives!

    koffee
    i'm koffee brown, dammit!
    one of my new faves: http://streetknocknetwork.com

  13. #13
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenG View Post
    A camera on the front so you can use it for video calls.
    Yeah, that's going to rock.
    I'll swap out my current iPhone for that.
    Another ill informed response, just like all those pinko **** in favor of immigration reform.

  14. #14
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Another ill informed response, just like all those pinko **** in favor of immigration reform.
    Where the heck did this come from? I'm right near the top of the heap when it comes to people who are unimpressed with Apple, but this seems far more mean spirited than it needs to be.

    Me, I'm not waiting for anything when it comes to Apple - except for their stock price bubble to burst.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  15. #15
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Where the heck did this come from? I'm right near the top of the heap when it comes to people who are unimpressed with Apple, but this seems far more mean spirited than it needs to be.

    Me, I'm not waiting for anything when it comes to Apple - except for their stock price bubble to burst.
    Too mean for your taste? SORRY! Don't mean to offend. I just get all caught up in the day-to-day issues... That Arizona law has me all riled up.
    Where were we again?

  16. #16
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Another ill informed response, just like all those pinko **** in favor of immigration reform.


    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Too mean for your taste? SORRY! Don't mean to offend. I just get all caught up in the day-to-day issues... That Arizona law has me all riled up.
    Where were we again?


    You sure you're in the right forum?
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  17. #17
    Senior Member gman26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Greater OC.
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    Where the heck did this come from? I'm right near the top of the heap when it comes to people who are unimpressed with Apple, but this seems far more mean spirited than it needs to be.

    It's just that an immediate sarcastic response triggers a nerve that tells me people do not have any knowledge of the topic being discussed. As in the response, "

    Me, I'm not waiting for anything when it comes to Apple - except for their stock price bubble to burst.
    Too mean for your taste? SORRY! Don't mean to offend. I just get all caught up in the day-to-day issues... That Arizona law has me all riled up.
    Where were we again?


    Just response like this that are I'll informed: 05-30-10 05:32 PMAllenG
    A camera on the front so you can use it for video calls.
    Yeah, that's going to rock.
    I'll swap out my current iPhone for that.
    """""""""

    amen

  18. #18
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koffee brown View Post
    I've had the iPhone first gen since it first was released, and HATE AT&T. The iphone isn't that great either. It's too persnickety. I'll constantly get calls dropped, or it'll put calls on hold while I'm mid sentence, or it'll put calls on mute while I'm mid sentence, etc. My note pad hasn't worked since I switched out my iphone after the first phone simply ran out of steam and worked sporadically... and it took them EIGHT tries before I got the new iphone. My last conversation with those holes at the Apple store went like "hey, if this is the Genius Bar, why did you idiots take 8 tries before you were able to honor my contract and replace the phone correctly?'. I just can't stand Apple, and I really don't care much for the iphone. I pay over $150 a month for my unlimited everything, and they suck. I should be getting more for the amount of money I throw to them.

    My plan is up June 2nd. I just got off the phone with Verizon a couple of hours ago and got a nice deal through my employee corporate plan for unlimited everything. I shopped over at the Verizon store and could not stop playing with the Verizon Google Incredible phone... it is AWESOME! It has speed. It lets me run multiple applications. It gives me the opportunity view videos without the choppy start/stop crap I deal with the iphone.

    Man, I can't stand this phone! Can't wait until the 22nd when my new phone arrives!

    koffee
    Those issues with dropped calls and poor service...that's ATT, not Apple.
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Irving, TX
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Paramount
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those issues with dropped calls and poor service...that's ATT, not Apple.
    I've read lots about the iphone not being a very good phone. Some of the information supposedly leaked about the iphone 4 indicates that it might have changes to improve actual calling performance.

  20. #20
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm eligible for upgrade from my iPhone 3G now, and am waiting patiently for the release of the 4. I won't get it right away, though. I'll wait until a month or two later, depending on when it is actually released.

    I'm one of those rare people who is extremely pleased with AT&T, and have had little to no problems with them. Sure, service sucked when I visited NYC, but the pool of users there is much greater than Dallas, so I expected it. And yes, I had no 3G coverage in parts of Wisconsin when I visited family in November, but EDGE worked fine for me. I have very few dropped calls, and have had great experiences with AT&T's customer service.

    And my experiences with Apple, their Tech Support, and the Genius Bar have also been exceptional.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  21. #21
    Super Moderator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,682
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Another ill informed response, just like all those pinko **** in favor of immigration reform.
    Go back to lurking.
    I want a camera on the front of my iPhone, so ****ing what?
    Last edited by Allen; 06-01-10 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I believe that in this case "solid meh" means "so 'meh' that it could never be anything more than 'meh', and yet also no less than 'meh' -- in a word, exactly 'meh'"

  22. #22
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gitarzan View Post
    I'm looking forward to the OS4 release for my 32mb IPhone 3GS . Is that better?
    *flicks you in forehead*
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  23. #23
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Too mean for your taste? SORRY! Don't mean to offend. I just get all caught up in the day-to-day issues... That Arizona law has me all riled up.
    Where were we again?
    Foo. Not P and R.

    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post


    Just response like this that are I'll informed: 05-30-10 05:32 PMAllenG
    A camera on the front so you can use it for video calls.
    Yeah, that's going to rock.
    I'll swap out my current iPhone for that.
    """""""""

    amen
    Wait. It DOESN'T have a camera in front? For some reason I thought it did! *confused*
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  24. #24
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,465
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay wait. Someone's I'LL informed, alright.

    http://www.techreviewsource.com/misc...what-to-expect

    "The much talked about front-facing camera seems to be coming true it seems. In the device that Gizmodo found, Apple seems to have included a front-facing camera that Apple will use for video chatting in its upcoming iPhone 4.0 OS. There's also been some evidence in the SDK of OS 4.0 of a front-facing camera too."
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  25. #25
    Super Moderator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,682
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gman26 View Post
    Too mean for your taste? SORRY! Don't mean to offend. I just get all caught up in the day-to-day issues... That Arizona law has me all riled up.
    Where were we again?


    Just response like this that are I'll informed: 05-30-10 05:32 PMAllenG
    A camera on the front so you can use it for video calls.
    Yeah, that's going to rock.
    I'll swap out my current iPhone for that.
    """""""""

    amen
    By the way immigrant, I'm of Creek descent. This is my peoples' land.
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen
    I believe that in this case "solid meh" means "so 'meh' that it could never be anything more than 'meh', and yet also no less than 'meh' -- in a word, exactly 'meh'"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •