ideas for a new reality-tV show
My wife and I signed up for a Mt. Everest climb next year and we came up with some ideas to make it into a reality TV-show while we were at it. Given the mundane nature of the journey nowadays (100s summit per year, death-rate down to 4.4%, housewives who've never climbed higher than apartment stairs summitting, etc.), we like to make it more interesting; especially for people who wouldn't ever want to scale Everest anyway.
Given the tonnes of trash abandoned on the mountain, even after the Nepalese imposed a hefty deposit, we'd want to bring down more than we brought up. And given the uniqueness of these items, we can somehow turn it into funds for charity.
So here's the idea:
1. live TV broadcast. Given HD cameras can be found at under 200gm, we would have everyone wear a camera, tour-guides and sherpas included
2. viewers would have a choice of which camera to view. Before they were acquired by the NASCAR channel, SpeedVision used to have multiple camera feeds from inside a race and people were able to select which camera they wanted. Not sure if this broadcast technology is still around.
3. we would rustle through the pockets of dead climbers left on the mountain for unique items that may be of interest to collectors and which can fetch top-dollar at auction. Live on TV of course and viewers may vote yay or nay to whether we should bring back that item.
4. we would move the bodies off the narrow trails into a more peaceful location and position them more respectfully.
5. set up O2-canister re-filling stations at base-camp so fewer bottles need to be brought up and discarded by later tours.
6. set up coffee-cart at base-camp. I could imagine the horror of a certain NY socialite upon awakening at base-camp on her 1st morning, asking for a cappuccino and being told by her guide that none was available.
So whatcha thinK? comments?
Last edited by DannoXYZ; 08-11-10 at 02:21 PM.